Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jose or Lowry, Lowry or Jose?

While JC racks up dimes and is a discerning shooter Kyle is the better scorer and has a Lawson like bull-in-a-china shop type of game. Lowry is also the stronger, better defender. I'd flip JC for Lowry whom McHale hates, and if he hates you he won't play you. I think the Rox high price tag is a bluff and I expect the actual value of any trade to include a pick and a player on an expiring deal. Jose and 2013 (crap draft) lotto protected first rounder for KL (and possibly a 2nd)? sign me up.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
      Jose or Lowry, Lowry or Jose?

While JC racks up dimes and is a discerning shooter Kyle is the better scorer and has a Lawson like bull-in-a-china shop type of game. Lowry is also the stronger, better defender. I'd flip JC for Lowry whom McHale hates, and if he hates you he won't play you. I think the Rox high price tag is a bluff and I expect the actual value of any trade to include a pick and a player on an expiring deal. Jose and 2013 (crap draft) lotto protected first rounder for KL (and possibly a 2nd)? sign me up.
      salary wont match

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        As nice a guy that Jose is, we have to assume that his relationship with Colangelo/Casey has soured due to the whole Nash fiasco. Anyone with any sense of self-respect should feel slighted by now. First Ford, then Jack, now Nash. How much more abuse should we expect Jose to accept?

From a basketball perspective, running with Jose for another year makes the most sense. But from a locker room cohesion perspective, I'm not sure it's a wise option.
        Agree. I think with how professional, cordial and over all martyr Jose has been, i think they owe it to the guy to ask him where he wants to go, and try there best to send him there.

Comment

He's leaving $11 Million here...to make $20 more in L.A. think of all the outside revenue he will make ...its a huge market, TV RATINGS, TV appearencess...you dont get that here in T.O.

From a business and winning view point...you and I wouldve done the same thing...
          NY AND LA have huge benefit of being big markets that allow big time side-income opportunites etc. Toronto at $36M is nothting compared to $20M in L.A. or NY.

Its all business.
          It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
            Agree. I think with how professional, cordial and over all martyr Jose has been, i think they owe it to the guy to ask him where he wants to go, and try there best to send him there.
            Nobody owes anything to anyone...its all business...for the team and the player.

ITS ALL ABOUT $$$, OPPORTUNITIES, TV RATING, ETC.
            It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=855rrly

was just screwing around....how realistic is this and ya i know its not going to happen but sitll

Comment

Ha, that kind of works.

Knicks would be the big winners and Philly loses out but I guess you have to assume they just do it to save money.

Comment

its funny, every philly fan ive talked to want iggy gone. they HATE his contract and want more minutes for whatshisface. i wouldn't be shocked if he gets moved by the trade deadline, and i don't think you'd have to give up a ton either.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    its funny, every philly fan ive talked to want iggy gone. they HATE his contract and want more minutes for whatshisface. i wouldn't be shocked if he gets moved by the trade deadline, and i don't think you'd have to give up a ton either.
                    Who's whathisface? Turner? Harkless?

Comment

Turner yeah, and i guess harkless too. They were complaining even before harkless came over.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        Depending what happens with Williams, Philly needs a backup PF (behind Brand), a backup SG (behind Evans) and potentially a backup PG (behind Holiday). They seem set at C (Hawes, Allen and Vucevic) and SF (Young and Harkless). Moultrie is a rookie who should see some time at backup PF and possibly backup C as well, but I bet they'd like an established PF behing Brand.

I wonder if Amir/Davis & Bayless (S&T) would be enough to lure Iggy? They'd probably want a future 1st round pick too... 2013 1st round pick wouldn't be bad if it was say top-6 protected, as long as they take Amir instead of Davis (for salaries to match a little better).

Amir ($6.0M) & Bayless (~$4.2M) & 2013 1st round pick --> Iggy ($14.7M)

- would only add $4.5M to Toronto's payroll
                        - would clearup Toronto's PF logjam (go with Bargnani/Davis/Acy - or Kleiza in smaller 2nd unit lineups with Davis at C)
                        - Toronto could keep Calderon as starting PG and look to a guy like Flynn as a cheap backup with upside (or they'd could still pursue a trade for a guy like Lowry)
                        - gives Toronto a truly legit starting SF and a veteran presence
                        - JJ would become instant trade bait

- Philly would save $4.5M next season, while filling their holes at backup PF & backup PG
                        - if Philly re-signs Williams, both he and Bayless could fill the backup SG hole, since they are both more combo guard than PG
                        - Philly would get a conditional 1st round pick
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 12:05 PM.

Comment

I'm still on the Jennings train, I'd much rather make a big move for him than Lowry, personally.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bmcuwtm

If this could ever work, with us sending a 2013 1st to Houston I'd be more than happy to roll a:

PG Jennings, Bayless(not the biggest fan), Uzoh
                          SG DeRozan, Ross
                          SF Fields, Dunleavy, Kleiza
                          PF Bargnani, Amir, Acy
                          C Val, Gray

And for a Bucks perspective, I personally think Lowry is a great compliment and would significantly help Monta Ellis, since Lowry could still start but doesn't need to have the ball in his hand as much as Ellis.

Houston arguably gets the low end of the deal, and probably would only do it, if Lin gets matched by NYK, but would have a spanish connection, and get a few for pieces for trades in the first round pick and Ekpe

Comment

Checkines wrote: View Post
                            I'm still on the Jennings train, I'd much rather make a big move for him than Lowry, personally.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bmcuwtm

If this could ever work, with us sending a 2013 1st to Houston I'd be more than happy to roll a:

PG Jennings, Bayless(not the biggest fan), Uzoh
                            SG DeRozan, Ross
                            SF Fields, Dunleavy, Kleiza
                            PF Bargnani, Amir, Acy
                            C Val, Gray

And for a Bucks perspective, I personally think Lowry is a great compliment and would significantly help Monta Ellis, since Lowry could still start but doesn't need to have the ball in his hand as much as Ellis.

Houston arguably gets the low end of the deal, and probably would only do it, if Lin gets matched by NYK, but would have a spanish connection, and get a few for pieces for trades in the first round pick and Ekpe
                            You realize Morey is now running down the street, clutching his pants which are catching around his ankles, screaming, "RAPE! RAPE!"

Comment

geo wrote: View Post
                              salary wont match
                              Doesn't matter because both teams are under the cap
                              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Jennings is a boss and he likes Toronto. Why doesn't Colangelo's Dumb ass go after him?

Comment

Working...
                                X