Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    And of course Forbes would have a triple-double while leading the Rockets' attack :-)
    Man you ruined it :P
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      Man you ruined it :P
      that was for ceez... broken hearts are the hardest to heal ;-)

Comment

• Walnut wrote: View Post
        With Lowry an official Raptor, does Toronto have the potential to become a top 10 defensive team? Last year we were middle of the pack and with another full year under Casey and the addition of Jonas and Lowry I think that Raptors could be top 10 for sure.
        I agree, but the question is does that mean we will win? we need to score some points too...

Comment

• http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...ss-to-raptors/

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...know-him-best/

2 interesting reads on Lowry.

Line of the articles:

Williams, now the Raptors’ director of player development, first met Lowry when he was in high school. Williams’ alma mater, Villanova, was trying to recruit Lowry. Villanova wanted Williams to help with the pursuit, which was ultimately successful.

“Point blank: Kyle, he was an a—— when I first met him,” Williams says. “I didn’t have a great relationship with him.

“He was dismissive. He was rude. But you know what? He was focused. At that age, at that time, he thought he had to be a certain way. Being from Philadelphia, not only do they have to be tough, but they have to have that persona that they are tough.”

While the Houston situation proves Lowry can still get defensive, he has matured as his career has progressed. Heimerdinger says Lowry seemed far happier when he last saw him, when he was injured with the Grizzlies. Lowry is now a father to Karter, his son with Ayahna Cornish, who excelled on the court at both Cardinal Dougherty and St. Joseph’s University. He eschews a lot of the glamour that comes with the life of a professional basketball player. He frequently makes unpublicized trips to children’s hospitals.

Williams has been monitoring Lowry’s growth for a decade now.

“Now, it’s a beautiful relationship,” Williams says. “He has an older brother, but I feel like I’m an older brother, too.”

Comment

• I like the comment about the unpublicized trips to children's hospitals. It says something about his character that it isn't a part of the NBA marketing crap.

Comment

• Both very good articles. Everything everyone says about him shows not just a will to win, but a determination to work hard enough to win.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                Both very good articles. Everything everyone says about him shows not just a will to win, but a determination to work hard enough to win.
                I love that about him.. was the sole reason why I wanted MKG so badly. He's the type of guy we need on our team.. even better that he's a PG. Our leader should be the PG on the team. Makes the most sense, IMO.

Comment

• Kyle Lowry ‏@Klow7
                  Headed up north
                  I'm guessing they're will be a press conference tomorrow introducing Fields and Lowry
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Really when I think about it, heading into the draft I wanted the team to find a way to get TRoss, and either DLillard or KMarshall. For me, TRoss and KLowry is a huge upgrade to that 'plan' of mine so I am very happy with those two pieces of this off-season.

Comment

• Lowry posted a pic of the training facility at 6 am saying he was ready to start working. Awesome.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• this is going to be a good year
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          Lowry posted a pic of the training facility at 6 am saying he was ready to start working. Awesome.
                          saw that almost brought tears to my eyes
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I don't know if this was posted anywhere.. but here it is http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba2-lowry...a-playoff-team

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                              I don't know if this was posted anywhere.. but here it is http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba2-lowry...a-playoff-team
                              Good find.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X