Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Hmmm.. I don't like that trade to be honest.. Bryan is not done wheeling and dealing, but to give up a high lottery pick when our team sucks is not a good idea. Only top 3 protected next year? Couldn't he make it top 7? Lowry is a good player but not a star - and we need a star. Draft is best opportunity to get one.

With the team we currently have, I don't see us being any better than 6/7th worst right now - even if Bargnani was healthy. Oh well the bright side is we won't be on tank watch next year. We'll be on anti-tank watch. I guess that's funner and less insane right?
    If you look at the state of many Eastern teams right now, it's not inconceivable that the Raptors could be a playoff team next year. Though from a cynical point of view, it might be best to spend next year letting our young core improve individually and develop a team chemistry, while finishing 9th in the East and sticking Houston with the #14 pick! lol

Comment

Hmmm.. I don't like that trade to be honest.. Bryan is not done wheeling and dealing, but to give up a high lottery pick when our team sucks is not a good idea. Only top 3 protected next year? Couldn't he make it top 7? Lowry is a good player but not a star - and we need a star. Draft is best opportunity to get one.

With the team we currently have, I don't see us being any better than 6/7th worst right now - even if Bargnani was healthy. Oh well the bright side is we want be on tank watch next year. We'll be on anti-tank watch. I guess that's funner and less insane right?
      im betting BC pulls at least one more blockbuster this offseason.. BC prob. has no plan on being in the lotto the next 5 years.. then the Lowry for Forbes deal looks sweet...

if we still suck down the road the pick will prob. net a Lebron type talent with our luck soo BC better make sure that doesnt happen

Comment

• I think that we have a great mix of talent right now but the key is how are we going to gel together as a team.

A lot of guys on our team (like DD) had themselves in a specific role, and it will be interesting to see how or if they all compromise for the better.

DD might have to have less plays run for him in order to give Lowry some freedom. AB might not get as many pick and rolls run for him.

Comment

With the team we currently have, I don't see us being any better than 6/7th worst right now - even if Bargnani was healthy. Oh well the bright side is we won't be on tank watch next year. We'll be on anti-tank watch. I guess that's funner and less insane right?
          It's a gamble, no doubt. But with Lowry and JV coming, I think toronto will not be in the lottery. Also, i too think further moves could be made.

Comment

• It's a minor gamble at best. Morey just got fleeced.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              It's a minor gamble at best. Morey just got fleeced.
              ill wait to judge who got fleeced till i know what & who that pick turns into.. its still way too early to say morey got fleeced

Comment

• I actually think that it's a great move. For the next couple of years I see Toronto in the #6-#10 range of the Eastern conference. So the pick is a low lottery one or keeps getting deferred. And we've protected ourselves in the Wiggins scenario. There is no way that the Raptors will be as bad as some of the gutted teams (including Houston) in the near future.

Comment

• I feel bi-polar yesterday I hated Brian Colangelo and was depressed about the lack of offseason action, but now I feel great!

Lowry was always my choice at PG 14/6.6/5 wicked numbers, plus he is considered one of the best defensive PG's in the league. The PG was arguably our weakest position defensively, I see Casey's vision coming to life.

Plus surely Calderon will be traded now, and hopefully that brings in something good. I would rather see us give up Kleiza than JJ though at the SF, also I see Ed Davis being packaged off somewhere as well.

If it happens for Iggy ... wow.
                  "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• Wanna know why Colangelo is a genius.

If the Raps don't make the playoffs, his contract isn't renewed and his replacement is stuck -1 1st round draft pick.

Comment

• Gorlitzer wrote: View Post
                      Wanna know why Colangelo is a genius.

If the Raps don't make the playoffs, his contract isn't renewed and his replacement is stuck -1 1st round draft pick.
                      i was thinking the same thing! he can gamble all he wants right now.. and if it fails miserably, he won't be around to have to answer questions about it

Comment

• SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                        I feel bi-polar yesterday I hated Brian Colangelo and was depressed about the lack of offseason action, but now I feel great!

Lowry was always my choice at PG 14/6.6/5 wicked numbers, plus he is considered one of the best defensive PG's in the league. The PG was arguably our weakest position defensively, I see Casey's vision coming to life.

Plus surely Calderon will be traded now, and hopefully that brings in something good. I would rather see us give up Kleiza than JJ though at the SF, also I see Ed Davis being packaged off somewhere as well.

Ya. Exactly the same. Its the best move BC has done. EVER.

Comment

• SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                          I feel bi-polar yesterday I hated Brian Colangelo and was depressed about the lack of offseason action, but now I feel great!

BC is doing the best he can i think.. when u swing for the fences sometimes u miss the ball all together, the key is to dust yourself off & step back into the batters box with confidence LOL

Comment

• Love it, and at a better value than if we traded our #8 pick. and his contract is unreal, still leaves room for a major trade to get a good SF...or...dare I say, best case scenario, Paul George?

What is houston thinking?? LOL they had two young PGs break out in the same year and they let them go for peanuts!

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                              ill wait to judge who got fleeced till i know what & who that pick turns into.. its still way too early to say morey got fleeced
                              It's true that we need to see what the pick turns into before assessing the deal, but this is the right time for Toronto to make this kind of deal. They have cleared salary to allow them the financial flexibility to strengthen their roster in the coming years, while their young core will be solidifying over the coming years. So Colangelo has some flexibility to ensure that the team doesn't drop into the lower echelon for the next few years. Obviously, Colangelo is more optimistic about the Raptors near-term performance than Morey. The Raptors' roster looks considerably more talented, deep and sensible than it has for some time, and they have a coach that seems adept at getting a team to win on defensive fundamentals and hard play. It feels much more like a playoff team than a bottom-dweller to me. So I think it is a much bigger gamble for Houston than for the Raptors.

Comment

• Also, Lowry is better then Linsanity. Just saying

Comment

Working...
                                X