Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Looks like we got him for Forbes and first rounder (they don't say what protection).

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...for-kyle-lowry
    I read somewhere (too much going on can't remember where), for what it's worth top 6 protected.

Comment

• it looks like the raptors might make a run as brandon rush to fill in for gary forbes....rush is a restricted free agent so i hope they dont otherwise we might over spend to get him

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
        See I don't know if it's actually a greater move, especially if the 18th pick was included in the original trade. But even assuming it wasn't included. The wise move would've been to take that trade then, and not leave it up to chance that it might work out. Also when you give up the 8th pick you know what you're giving up, when you give up a future pick both sides are kind of playing the lottery.

I'm ecstatic that this went down, but I don't think it was a greater move for him to hold the 8th and hope that all things would work out and we'd end up with either Nash or have Lowry as backup.
        After watching Ross in his Raps tryout, I feel that he is going to surprise the heck out of a lot of people. I think it was a good move. I didn't expect them to get the guy in the end. Pure luck. However, BC saw something in Ross and I am trusting him on this one.

Comment

• No need to amnesty Calderon. But he's still a trade chip.

DeRozan/Fields wing combo doesn't excite me much. Maybe Calderon can be used to upgrade in that regard.

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
            it looks like the raptors might make a run as brandon rush to fill in for gary forbes....rush is a restricted free agent so i hope they dont otherwise we might over spend to get him
            But Forbes doesn't leave a hole behind. He was an excess wing that wasn't going to get any minutes ahead of DeRozan, Ross, or Fields.

I really hope the Rush rumours are false.

Comment

• yeah there's going to be lots of trade options and i'm sure BC has a few plans
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• But if we trade for Lowry, how will we sit around and piss and moan about them not trading down for him on draft day, in a magical deal that has never been confirmed to have existed????!!!!?!!??

This is great. I'm so excited to have a tough, defensive minded point guard on the team for, what, the first time ever? If, God forbid, JJ matures slightly over the off-season, and whoever the back-up pg is does a good job, I don't know why we couldn't make a run at the 7th or 8th playoff spot in the East. God bless the crappy East!

Comment

• Any chance Raps can work a deal for Iggy now? Upgrade the wing with a solid defender and a guy who can pass the ball.

Comment

• This is a better fit than Steve Nash. Colour me pleased (even if we had to get to plan B or C before making a good move). Here's hoping we can package Jose and DeRo to recoup the pick we just lost.

Comment

• oldmanweldon wrote: View Post
                      But if we trade for Lowry, how will we sit around and piss and moan about them not trading down for him on draft day, in a magical deal that has never been confirmed to have existed????!!!!?!!??

This is great. I'm so excited to have a tough, defensive minded point guard on the team for, what, the first time ever? If, God forbid, JJ matures slightly over the off-season, and whoever the back-up pg is does a good job, I don't know why we couldn't make a run at the 7th or 8th playoff spot in the East. God bless the crappy East!
                      I'd be very surprised if JJ is here come training camp. I think he's as good as gone. Fields and Kleiza seem like the logical SF depth chart.

Comment

• MAN!

Lowry
                        Derozan
                        Fields
                        Bargnani
                        Valanciunas

I know Fields is still a restricted free agent, but rumor is, it is unlikely they match the offer. I'm very happy we were able to let go of Forbes, plus next year's draft crop will be just as weak as 2011. I'm excited, he fits well into Casey's system as a good defensive point guard, attacking and is able to get everyone involved. I watched a good amount of him this season, because there was so much surrounding him.

Can anyone actually believe that we got Lowry for a bench player and a weak draft pick? Plus it's protected.

BC, a contract is knocking on the door....
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
                          This is a better fit than Steve Nash. Colour me pleased (even if we had to get to plan B or C before making a good move). Here's hoping we can package Jose and DeRo to recoup the pick we just lost.
                          thts 2 possitive posts from u now.. keep up the good work! LOL ;-)

Comment

• Without doing any other trade. WOW.

Valanciunas/Amir/Magloire
                            Bargnani/Davis/Acy
                            Fields/Johnson/Kleiza
                            DeRozan/Ross
                            Lowry/Calderon/Bayless

Sorry I had to do it.

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
                              This is a better fit than Steve Nash. Colour me pleased (even if we had to get to plan B or C before making a good move). Here's hoping we can package Jose and DeRo to recoup the pick we just lost.
                              Plan B and C just match our GMs initials. Just like the Terrance Ross draft matched the Toronto Raptors. Or so I have read on this forum.

Comment

• Wow. I am so happy. Day and night turn from ast night
                                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Working...
                                X