Raptors big Lithuanian shining in Venezuela

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors big Lithuanian shining in Venezuela

He's the number two scorer in the tournament, behind Al Horford. He's shooting 70%, with a 100% free throw rate, and putting in over 25 points per game, while pulling down 4.5 rebounds. Oh, and his 3 pt shooting is over 50%.

I refer, of course, to that other big Lithuanian Raptor, Linas Kleiza. Wouldn't it be great to find a free agent who could do that for us?

Anyone else think Kleiza looks like Nathan Drake from the Uncharted games?

Comment

I like Kleiza, he's a nice option off the bench. Knows how to create his own shot, has good size, and he's a decent defender. He was pretty rusty after coming back from his injury but he had some solid games down the stretch and he definitely isn't afraid to take big shots so I wouldn't hesitate to put him in in the 4th quarter. My only knock on him is he's not the most consistent, but that's probably why he isn't a starter. I think people wanting to amnesty this guy are crazy, he can play ball and his salary isn't unreasonable.. I think he definitely makes the team better.

Comment

He did this in international play the year before we signed him...the dude plays well there...I'm not expecting much from him in October.

Comment

I was like " 4.5 rebounds?! thats it?"

#suckeredin

Comment

The other Lithuanian big who will also play for the Raptors this Fall, Jonas Valanciunas, had a mixed game. He had a couple dunks, a few rebounds, and a block, but he also was pushed around by the Nigerian bigs, and he missed all 4 of his free throws. Puerto Rico is next in an elimination game and are a physical team.
            Last edited by stretch; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
              Not really

TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Hopefully Lithuania qualifies for the Olympics, it would probably be a big confidence boost for both our guys. Last time LK went off like this he started the season injured and couldnt carry the momentum.

Comment

More like a wolf-lumberjack-serial killer hybrid

Comment

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
                    He did this in international play the year before we signed him...the dude plays well there...I'm not expecting much from him in October.
                    Yeah, but he injured his knee following his last good tourney. Who knows what Kleiza could've done had he stayed healthy. He could be a nice surprise for us this year (assuming his knee is 100%).

Comment

he looks more like Viktor Krum... the Bulgarian quidditch player from the Harry Potter movies..

Comment

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
                        If he is injured, I definitely agree.

He has never played healthy for Toronto in 2 seasons - while sitting out the equivalent of over 1 season with micro-fracture.

If he comes to Toronto healthy in October, we all may be pleasantly surprised. He certainly showed flashes at times.

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
                          Hopefully Lithuania qualifies for the Olympics, it would probably be a big confidence boost for both our guys. Last time LK went off like this he started the season injured and couldnt carry the momentum.
                          Raptors brass hopes they wouldnt...

What better way to gurantee a healthy kleiza then for them to miss out, not to mention them want JV getting here ASAP for summerleague.

Comment

I'm going to try not to do the Raps fan thing of hoping that a player will have a breakout year because he made some shots in summer league, or he put on some muscle.

I'll feel better that way

Comment

a little bit. But Bargnani does more, if Bargs gelled his hair forward you can't tell them apart

Comment

Working...
                              X