PG options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    I'm no Bayless fan but with how everything went down I wouldn't be shocked nor blame Jose for being down on the team and wanting to be moved/amnestied. If that's the case and Lowry's price tag is too high you might as well just roll with Bayless for a year and draft/sign/trade for a PG next year.
    I've talked to him often since the weekend, he's fine. Understands it's business
    by dgsmith 1:06 PM
    ReplyPermalink
    Doug Smith on Calderon

Comment

Jose is too nice. Imagine if Lowry was in his position.. he'd be all up in BC's face

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
        Doug Smith on Calderon
        Bullcrap. If your boss was constantly recruiting people to try and replace you then you take it personally. Unless you are a sociopath, there is no way this can't have an impact. Calderon will, of course, say all the right things cause he's a pro but there is no way he isn't pissed.

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
          +1. What's funny is that, of all the point guards being mentioned (save Nash), Calderon is the best one. He's better than Bayless, he's better than Dragic, and yes, he is better than Lowry -- just currently more expensive.

My two cents? Extend Calderon for 3 years with a team option for a fourth. You'll probably get better value now when his value is (for whatever stupid reason) low. 4 Years $24 Million would be perfect.
          Great idea!

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
            My two cents? Extend Calderon for 3 years with a team option for a fourth. You'll probably get better value now when his value is (for whatever stupid reason) low. 4 Years $24 Million would be perfect.
            OMG OMG OMG

I just threw up in my mouth 3 times.

Calderon is a total gentleman and a wonderful guy. I don't mean to bash him as a person.

But as a player??? you take away his passing and he would have a hard time making a division I NCAA team.
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
              OMG OMG OMG

I just threw up in my mouth 3 times.

Calderon is a total gentleman and a wonderful guy. I don't mean to bash him as a person.

But as a player??? you take away his passing and he would have a hard time making a division I NCAA team.
              But why would you take away his passing? You can say the same thing about Howard's leaping ability.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                But why would you take away his passing? You can say the same thing about Howard's leaping ability.
                I would take a PG with 3 less assists per game who could:
                1) keep his opponent in front of him 75%+ of the time on the defensive end
                2) create his own shot from time to time
                3) dunk or at least be athletic enough to
                4) one day dangerous enough to command a double team with certain match ups.

Comment

we just completed a trade for Kyle Lowry

it was the headline on Sportsnet.ca anyway it said more details to come

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...lowry_raptors/

if reports hold true its 1st rnd pick & forbes for Kyle Lowry
                  Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                    we just completed a trade for Kyle Lowry

it was the headline on Sportsnet.ca anyway it said more details to come

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...lowry_raptors/

if reports hold true its 1st rnd pick & forbes for Kyle Lowry
                    I thought this would cost them DeRozen for sure.. another link

Comment

Ehh I wanted to see Ross playing, but well... I assume it's good deal..
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I can definitely get on board with this. Good defender, solid play making, good rebouding for a PG. It's a fit for DC. He's not the best shooter, but that's something that can be worked on. A little skeptical about pairing him and DeRo because we need a better shooting backcourt. But with Ross and Fields clogging the 2 spot, maybe we can package Jose and DeRo to get a pick to replace what we we just sent to Houston.

Edit: Now let's hope the deal goes through instead of becoming another uncompleted leaked trade (and a major black eye for the raps)
                        Last edited by NoBan; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 03:19 PM.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                          Ehh I wanted to see Ross playing, but well... I assume it's good deal..
                          I think it is a future 1st round pick....not this years...I hope.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

This is nothing short of a heist for the Raptors. I mean we can criticize BC all we want, but Morey wins the wtf? award for off-season moves.

I mean look at their failures..

1. Tried to trade for a 10 top lottery pick ..fail.
                            2. Tries to go all in for Howard, fails horribly.
                            3. Trades their starting centre for three Milwaukee scrubs.
                            4. Replaces their starting centre, by overpaying for Chicago's back-up centre.
                            5. Fails to re-sign dragic, and hope to replace him by overpaying for lin (who they let-go last season).
                            6. Trades Lowry to Toronto for junk.

Houston wins the clusterfuck roster of the year award.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              The above projected roster won 30 games last year (projected over 80 games instead of 66)...with tons of injuries.
                              I dunno what's worse.. that you think .348 winning percentage equals 30 wins, or that a season is 80 games long.

Thank goodness we're not going into the season with that roster anymore.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                                This is nothing short of a heist for the Raptors. I mean we can criticize BC all we want, but Morey wins the wtf? award for off-season moves.

I mean look at their failures..

1. Tried to trade for a 10 top lottery pick ..fail.
                                2. Tries to go all in for Howard, fails horribly.
                                3. Trades their starting centre for three Milwaukee scrubs.
                                4. Replaces their starting centre, by overpaying for Chicago's back-up centre.
                                5. Fails to re-sign dragic, and hope to replace him by overpaying for lin (who they let-go last season).
                                6. Trades Lowry to Toronto for junk.

Houston wins the clusterfuck roster of the year award.
                                I think the plan is to play Royce White as a point forward and resign Aaron Brooks as a scoring PG.

Comment

Working...
                                X