Don't sign anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't sign anyone

With Nash gone I think the Raps should avoid signing any other big free agent. This team is not ready to compete, we have four rookies coming to play for us (assuming we sign the second rounders) and no idea how any of them are going to turn out. Let's figure out what we have before we start overspending on middle of the road free agents.

Let Fields be the big pick up this year, he fits the roster and Casey's vision, so great, let's just sit tight. Give Bayless a chance to start, his numbers are as good as anyone's and most teams that are successful have a point who scores the ball anyway.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Signs you know your team is pathetic: Fans refer to Landry Fields as a "big pick up"

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
      Signs you know your team is pathetic: Fans refer to Landry Fields as a "big pick up"
      Maybe they are referring to cost
      Foot Locker Deals

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
        With Nash gone I think the Raps should avoid signing any other big free agent. This team is not ready to compete, we have four rookies coming to play for us (assuming we sign the second rounders) and no idea how any of them are going to turn out. Let's figure out what we have before we start overspending on middle of the road free agents.

Let Fields be the big pick up this year, he fits the roster and Casey's vision, so great, let's just sit tight. Give Bayless a chance to start, his numbers are as good as anyone's and most teams that are successful have a point who scores the ball anyway.
        +1

We tried a quick fix...didn't happen. Let's just go back to the basics of what we are trying to do as a team and remember that the biggest signing in our recent history was Casey

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
          it is true!

I agree with giving Bayless a chance. But I would like to pick up Ramon Sessions because between Bayless and *shudder* Calderon there is bound to be someone break down. If you must move forward with Calderon it is just because he is an expiring contract at the deadline.

Better yet BC BE BOLD and amnesty Calderon sign Sessions or Brookes... even knowing that Calderon will get picked up somewhere and be among the league leaders in ASST. who cares if your system finally works because you are able to defend at the point of attack.

Use a hungry D-LEAGUE kid as a 3rd string.
          Last edited by charlz; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 01:52 PM.
          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

there are still some decent players avail. if the price is right & they fit a need i dont see why we shouldnt sign.. that being said im sure that most of the big changes now will come via trade

Comment

Colangelo's fighting for an extension. There's no way he takes the patient approach to team building.

2006-07, here we come!

Comment

raps just traded for Kyle Lowry... going to houston most likely is 1st rnd pick+Forbes

Comment

From the looks of it, a lot of Raptors fans have been deluded by our consistent mediocrity.

Comment

jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
                    From the looks of it, a lot of Raptors fans have been deluded by our consistent mediocrity.
                    Maybe lowry will help....

Comment

Not only is Fields the big pick up but he is suddenly a forward, no less. That's the the big pick up moving forward.

Comment

No, the cap space is pretty much "use it or lose it." When you factor in salary esculation, rookie deals and contract extensions the Raptors will never have this kind of cap space again unless they blow it up and start over. They need to spend to the cap number now. Unless you're planning on being a major player in FA there is no benefit to being under cap. When the Raptors are ready to do something they're far better off being closer to tax than slightly below cap at that point.

Basically they won't have this opportunity to buy assets again. They need to act now and get an impact guy or they blown an opportunity.

Comment

so now that we have lowry what do you think of this http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=73edclo

our line up could be

PG: Lowry, Bayless, Uzoh
                          SG: DD, Fields, Ross
                          SF: Iggy, Kleiza, Fields again maybe
                          PF: Primo Pasta and Sauce, Amir/Acy
                          C: JV, Amir, Jaaaamal M/Gray

Personally I love that team

Comment

BALLS wrote: View Post
                            so now that we have lowry what do you think of this http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=73edclo

our line up could be

Why don't you make it less confusing.

PG - Lowry, Bayless, Uzoh
                            SG - DD, Fields, Ross
                            SF - Iguodala, Kleiza
                            PF - Bargnani, Amir, Acy
                            C - Valanciunas, Gray, Magloire
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

BALLS wrote: View Post

our line up could be

Get this done BC

Comment

Working...
                              X