Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone fill me in on what this supposed Nash hate on Fan590 was?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone fill me in on what this supposed Nash hate on Fan590 was?

To me it seems ridiculous (and very typical of the average Toronto sports fan) to diss the guy for taking a MUCH better option for HIMSELF. I'm not even going to get into the whole fact about how that this would be disastrous for the Raptors (since most of these people know f***all about basketball) but I'd like to know what was said about him and their reasoning behind it. Even better...if anyone has a link to the show that would be perfect.

Cheers!

(Oh and Lowry to the Raps?!? **** YES!!! Next season can't come soon enough )

I'm relieved Nash didn't come here - it would have fucked up his legacy and it would have been so cringey dorky goofy and so "Canada's basketball ambassador this" and "Nash giving back to Canada that" I would have puked daily.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
      To me it seems ridiculous (and very typical of the average Toronto sports fan) to diss the guy for taking a MUCH better option for HIMSELF.
      I see no question in your actual post, just a rant dissing those who feel differently from you. If you were to actually investigate why they might feel the way they do, to guide the thread down the road your thread titles advertises, you might come to the conclusion I did. Most media called Toronto the front runner to land a Canadian sports hero, a two time NBA MVP. These fans had their hopes lifted only to have their dream destroyed. Hell, even I who was against the idea still felt a desire to see him in Raptors jersey. It's only natural, the guy is one of the greatest basketball players of all-time and he's Canadian. Live with it because the sentiments are going to linger for a while. I don't think average fans look up his age, or care about his contract or care about what Colangelo said his plan was. They heard "Nash to Toronto highly likely" and they ate it up.

Comment

i was listening to the fan 590 yesterday morning when they were talking about this. I thought it was interesting how many people were actually hating on Nash afterwards and how they thought he was hypocritical, and that they are actually going to BOO HIM when he comes here with the Lakers.

I think we just have to chalk this up to another topic which is being lead by a sports media staff in Canada that, unfortunately, expect for a few members, simply do not know enough about the sport. I can honestly say that most of us who are reading this site right now have vastly more knowledge about basketball, the players, their contracts and what would better suit the Raptors. I.e. they would read one of our threads and have no clue what we are talking about.

Again, unfortunately, we are also the minority, so most of the callers who were on the air voiced their disappointment in Nash and proceeded to talk more about how BC is better than Brian Burke because he is actually trying to make moves (can't have ball talk without some hockey thrown in there).

Bottom line: it was just ignorant, and hopefully the staff at sportsnet will be turned over soon with a few more basketball people so we don't have to listen to uneducated people making you want to jump out of your car rather than listen to them.

Comment

And the bb people they have on should NOT be affiliated with the team in any way. It is infuriating to hear these employees of the team and reporters who depend on access to the facilities unable to provide an unvarnished opinion of the team or a particular game. We know who these people are.

Comment

Working...
          X