Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Raptors 2011 - 2012 & 2012 - 2013 Team MVP?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors 2011 - 2012 & 2012 - 2013 Team MVP?

Just for conversation sake, who would you say was the team's MVP for last season and who can you see being the MVP for this upcoming season?

I believe that last year's MVP was DeRozan based on how many games he did play and his points per! I know he had some bad stretches but he did play well for the number of games he did play with the runner up being Jose.

This year I thing Kyle will be the MVP.

Your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd give JJ the MVP for last year. He averaged over a block and a steal per game, leading the team in both categories. He was our best defender and covered a lot for Jose and Bargs. He was inconsistent on offense with the turnovers and his jump shot but he also had some good moments handling the ball and finishing at the rim with dunks.

Next year, if he can stay healthy, I think Bargs will be our MVP. He's entering his prime and was our best player last year when he played. I think we were all shocked when he hedged those screens hard for the first time in his career. If he can grab one or two more boards a game I think he has a good shot to be an all-star.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CB4 wrote: View Post
    I'd give JJ the MVP for last year. He averaged over a block and a steal per game, leading the team in both categories. He was our best defender and covered a lot for Jose and Bargs. He was inconsistent on offense with the turnovers and his jump shot but he also had some good moments handling the ball and finishing at the rim with dunks.

Next year, if he can stay healthy, I think Bargs will be our MVP. He's entering his prime and was our best player last year when he played. I think we were all shocked when he hedged those screens hard for the first time in his career. If he can grab one or two more boards a game I think he has a good shot to be an all-star.
    Agreed!

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

jose was mvp last year to me. kept the team moving forward and made a horrendous group of offensive players look like just a bad group of offensive players.

this year i want to say bargs is going to be the man who benefits the most with other options on the floor so he will look like he improved a lot and if not bargs then im going to say lowry.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year - Jose

This year - Lowry

Next year - Demar

Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year: i'd say Jose was the mvp. Man, plays with heart. Bargs woulda been the mvp, but injuries kinda derailed him.

Next year: Bargs will be the team's mvp. He played like a man on fire before he was injured. I think he even withdrew from playing with italy to concentrate on this upcoming season.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
    Last year: i'd say Jose was the mvp. Man, plays with heart. Bargs woulda been the mvp, but injuries kinda derailed him.

Next year: Bargs will be the team's mvp. He played like a man on fire before he was injured. I think he even withdrew from playing with italy to concentrate on this upcoming season.
    Barg might be if he stays healthy. Is playing for italy this summer?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan might break out soon

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    Barg might be if he stays healthy. Is playing for italy this summer?
    Nope

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering our record and our goals of last season we have shared mvp's in Casey and Butler.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jose was easily the MVP last season. If not him, it was Casey.

Next year, all signs point to Lowry.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Year: Jose
    This Year: Not yet on our roster
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CB4 wrote: View Post

JJ.... ? JJ!....? Cmon guys. If u can even consider him "OUR" MVP we have a BIG BIG problem. I liked JJ too but C'mon. he has potential but thats it. I sadly say it would have to be Jose Calderon.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Last season I'll go with Jose. 2nd on the team in minutes played. Led the team in win shares and trailed only Bayless and Bargs in PER. Amir is my runner up, and may even warrent ranking ahead of Jose once you consider Jose's porous D.

This season.. it's gotta be Bargnani, no? He's our best player, and was definitely the best guy in red last season when he's healthy. He showed improved help D and rotations last year, he's bought into the DC system even though he's not a perfect fit, he's always been an under-rated 1 on 1 defender, and he's still option 1 & 2 on O.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    This season.. it's gotta be Bargnani, no? He's our best player, and was definitely the best guy in red last season when he's healthy. He showed improved help D and rotations last year, he's bought into the DC system even though he's not a perfect fit, he's always been an under-rated 1 on 1 defender, and he's still option 1 & 2 on O.
    Not only that, but he was often the best player on either side. I definitely think it going to be Bargnani next season if healthy.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani is miles ahead of everyone else on this team in terms of the abilities he has and his talent. He should have been our MVP last year if he didn't get hurt, and unless we bring in a Rudy Gay, Bargnani *should* be our MVP very year going forward.

2011: Jose
    2012: Bargnani
    2013: Bargnani

Btw, if it's not Bargnani this year, that means he got hurt again and we'll lose over 50 games.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Last Year: Jose
    This Year: Not yet on our roster
    So you truly don't think that anyone on the team this year so far will be good enough to be MVP on their own team? That's a sad state the Raps are in if that's the case.

Post Thanks / Like

So you truly don't think that anyone on the team this year so far will be good enough to be MVP on their own team? That's a sad state the Raps are in if that's the case.
    Or he's holding out hope in the belief that another big trade is coming to land a legit top-tier talent that will eclipse anybody currently on our roster :-)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Or he's holding out hope in the belief that another big trade is coming to land a legit top-tier talent that will eclipse anybody currently on our roster :-)
    If that's the case the, Burgundy is a GENIUS! )

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If that's the case the, Burgundy is a GENIUS! )
    No offense intended of course!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information