Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Raptors Republic Rookie JackfromNZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm don't know mate they are looking to trade iggy but there are plenty of destinations for him.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah just like for Lowry so I guess anything is possible. With Lowry in, Bayless out, Id really like to see Jose back. Only players Id be willing to offer for Iggy right now are Ed and JJ... Add in a couple picks, TE & cash and everything can be done!

Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire
    Bargnani/Johnson/Acy
    Iguodala/Kleiza
    DeRozan/Fields/Ross
    Lowry/Calderon

Gotta sign a 3rd PG

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Yeah just like for Lowry so I guess anything is possible. With Lowry in, Bayless out, I‘d really like to see Jose back. Only players I‘d be willing to offer for Iggy right now are Ed and JJ... Add in a couple picks, TE & cash and everything can be done!

Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire
    Bargnani/Johnson/Acy
    Iguodala/Kleiza
    DeRozan/Fields/Ross
    Lowry/Calderon

Gotta sign a 3rd PG
    Pleaseeeeee. 3rd PG = Ben Uzoh.

This team is beautiful. I like the wing depth. The fact we are starting two 7 footers, and the Lowry+Calderon PG tandem.

Raptors Republic Rookie 10 000 Hours's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry DeMar

If DeRozan could improve his D, the Raptors would suddenly have one of the best perimeter defences in the league. An amazing trade, Iggy would bring solid consistency and leadership to a team that sorely needs it.

However, it seems too good to be true, but fans can always hope and dream, right?
    Last edited by 10 000 Hours; Wed Jul 11th, 2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Wrong Spelling
    Walking like I'm already there.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

T. Young please

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What was Wright traded to the 76ers for?

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to get Iggy without giving up Demar, but there are so many rumours on where he could end up.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    They got him for a draft pick.

mcsemcp73

Iggy for 2nd round draft pick and amir

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcsemcp73 wrote: View Post
    Iggy for 2nd round draft pick and amir
    Why stop there? Let's throw in Linas Kleiza and target Kevin Durant!
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    They got him for a draft pick.
    They didn't even get that. They got a past pick, who coincidentally was picked by us. It was a salary dump move. Shame really, We could've used someone like that. Especially if he could come close to his 2010-2011 numbers

"Edin Bavcic of Bosnia and Herzegovina in return. The 76ers acquired Bavcic’s rights in a trade with Toronto in 2006"
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4404903/

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    Initially it was for a future draft pick. That was wrong.

They got him for a player stashed in Europe and a TPE of $4.1M.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Initially it was for a future draft pick. That was wrong.

They got him for a player stashed in Europe and a TPE of $4.1M.
    Now BC needs to turn the Fields signing into something similar... 2013 2nd round pick & rights to Zubcic & $3.15M TPE to NYK for Fields (3yrs @ $6.3M per)... make it happen BC! NYK only get a TPE worth 50% of Fields' contract, due to it being a S&T, rather than a trade for a player under an existing contract.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You would think that GS received better offers for Wright than the Philly one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    You would think that GS received better offers for Wright than the Philly one
    Unless a salary dump is all they wanted. A guy who'll likely never play in the NBA and a TPE equivalent to Wright's contract is just about the perfect salary dump trade. The only way it could have been better is if a draft pick was involved as well, but I doubt any team would/could provide all of the above.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not another tweener.

I am happy we didn't trade for him. Kleiza will prove to be a much better option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Not another tweener.

I am happy we didn't trade for him. Kleiza will prove to be a much better option.
    Wright is a legit SF. No tweener with him. If anything he'd be more of a 2 than 4.

Post Thanks / Like

From Philly Inquirer:

Already loaded with players at small forward, the 76ers added another on Tuesday, acquiring 26-year-old Dorell Wright from the Golden State Warriors for the NBA draft rights to 2006 second-round pick Edlin Bavcic, according to a league source.

Wright, in the final year of a contract that will pay him $4.4 million, averaged 10.3 points and 4.6 rebounds per game last season for the Warriors in 27 minutes per game. He joins a group of Sixers small forwards that includes Andre Iguodala and first-round pick Maurice Harkless.
    The move could indicate yet another move to be made by the team. Still in need of a legitimate power forward and a backup point guard, the Sixers have been stockpiling one- and two-year contracts that make them a more desirable trade partner. They also could be setting themselves up for next season, when the free-agent market will be more robust.
    And then speculation from HoopsWorld.com:

Minnesota and Toronto have long been rumored to be interested in acquiring Iguodala.

The TWolves currently have a $45 million offer on the table to restricted free agent small forward Nicolas Batum, but the Portland Trail Blazers are intent on matching the deal. The inability to potentially pry Batum away from Portland may push Minnesota back into trade talks for Iguodala over the next few weeks.

In my opinion, if Minny loses out on Batum, they have a better package than the Raps could offer:

Minnesota: Derrick Williams, Luke Ridnour, non-guaranteed contracts to make the difference, 2-2013 first round picks - plus MIN is not a divisional rival.

Toronto: any combination of Calderon, DD, ED, JJ, Amir.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    From Philly Inquirer:

And then speculation from HoopsWorld.com:

In my opinion, if Minny loses out on Batum, they have a better package than the Raps could offer:

Minnesota: Derrick Williams, Luke Ridnour, non-guaranteed contracts to make the difference, 2-2013 first round picks - plus MIN is not a divisional rival.

Toronto: any combination of Calderon, DD, ED, JJ, Amir.
    Will be interesting to see what comes of both the Batum and Iggy situations. The one thing that Minny can't offer is a good young PF, whereas Toronto has Amir and Davis, should that be something Philly wants in return. Davis would fit nicely into their young core group and is a pure PF, rather than a tweener. I could also see Calderon's $10.5M expiring contract as an attractive asset, since Philly seems to be preparing to be a major player next offseason.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Will be interesting to see what comes of both the Batum and Iggy situations. The one thing that Minny can't offer is a good young PF, whereas Toronto has Amir and Davis, should that be something Philly wants in return. Davis would fit nicely into their young core group and is a pure PF, rather than a tweener. I could also see Calderon's $10.5M expiring contract as an attractive asset, since Philly seems to be preparing to be a major player next offseason.
    I would have to think Derrick Williams is more attractive than Ed and Demar/Ross.
    Also, as noted above, i think that us being a division rival will play in their minds.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information