Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LateBoomer wrote: View Post
    Of course.
    But how then can you compare a rookie who has yet to play an NBA game and a vet?
    thats why you have scouts....im not saying that TR is a bad player im just saying you cant say he is a better replacement to DD without playing a single minute

Comment

geo wrote: View Post
      no it is relevent because you are saying that TR has better stats that DD so he will become a better player. Im telling you that the guys who led the nation in scoring didnt get drafted so stats dont mean shit.
      There's more than the stats of course,
      but all things considered, TR can be a better player than DD.
      Right now, TR is the better shooter, better ballhandler, better defender.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        Trade makes no sense. From surfing Twitter it all looked like it was coming from Philly. That being said:

Derozan statistically is in the top 50 in 6 categories, top 10 in drawing fouls and free throw attempts (if I remember correctly). Looking at the numbers, he actually improved a lot last year (minus ppg). You can argue he is statistically the second best player in Toronto (wow we suck). The best? Jose Calderon.

(Yeah, yeah Bargs, and Amir injured...)

So we are going to trade our two best players statistically for an injury prone SF and middling backup 5?

1. There's no guarantee Hawes (Philly's starting 5) comes back.
        2. We are trading 2 of our best players (on paper), 2 players on rookie contracts (if you include Ed), for an injured guy and who?
        3. They're in our division!

I'm cool with trading old guy for old guy, but I don't want Derozan finding his game and killing us for the next 10 years 4 times a year. No.

I'm not against trading any of these guys (like I said we suck), but us trading 2 mediocre starters for 1 mediocre starter and a bench player in our division makes zero sense.

Zero.

If this is our best offer we should do nothing, make sure we can sign everyone, and figure things out from there.
        I'm neutral about this trade but your reasons for not liking it are invalid. Bargnani is statistically better than Demar. Also Iggy is not injury prone. He has missed a total of 25 games in his 8 years in the league. 15 of them came from a single injury. The whole point of this trade is that we have made these players expendable. By obtaining Lowry we have an above average starting point guard in no longer need Jose when we could trade him for team needs. We also have Ross or fields, who you can't compare to Demar because Ross hasn't played a minute and fields was better than Demar before NYK got melo then his numbers dipped. I think either one would be a serviceable starter and by adding Iggy we get a solid starter at our weakest position. We give up 2/3 of our best players yes but we also now have the pieces that make those players not needed.

Comment

lrrelevant, man.
          We are comparing the college stats of DD and TR.
          That should be irrelevant. If Ross is better he starts, if not DeRozan. Practices and games will bear that out. You should be comparing Demar and Iggy. Do we improve dramatically with Iggy instead of Demar? The answer is no. Philly replaces their top scorer Lou, who is leaving on the cheap with a player with similar stats (Demar - yes he has a different game). Philly is getting a true four (currently that position is filled with tweeners). Philly is getting a starting Pg.

We're getting a player who is not as dynamic as he used to be, doesn't score at a high clip anymore (and you guys hate Demar), and who?

Seriously, I would trade Iggy for Jose in a second. That's a fair trade. Their injury riddled starter for ours. Iggy doesn't play international ball so rehab during off-season may lead to us winning that one.

We don't win that trade, and they're in our division.

Comment

Philly actually loses on this trade-

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ku3zhv

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
              I'm neutral about this trade but your reasons for not liking it are invalid. Bargnani is statistically better than Demar. Also Iggy is not injury prone. He has missed a total of 25 games in his 8 years in the league. 15 of them came from a single injury. The whole point of this trade is that we have made these players expendable. By obtaining Lowry we have an above average starting point guard in no longer need Jose when we could trade him for team needs. We also have Ross or fields, who you can't compare to Demar because Ross hasn't played a minute and fields was better than Demar before NYK got melo then his numbers dipped. I think either one would be a serviceable starter and by adding Iggy we get a solid starter at our weakest position. We give up 2/3 of our best players yes but we also now have the pieces that make those players not needed.
              You know that Bargnani didn't qualify to be ranked thanks to his injury riddled season right?
              --you know that part where I put in brackets (I know Bargs....)
              Can you read?
              Hooked on phonics?

Iggy has been playing injured for a while. If you left Raptors boards and went on other team boards you would know this

I never said don't trade Demar, Jose, or Ed. Trade them all if it's a good move!
              I said this trade doesn't work...Can you READ!

Comment

How can you say that when he hasnt played a game yet...i just disagree. I havent watched TR play but he is being labeled better as a shooter fine...but there is no way you can say TR is a better replacement without playing a minute.

I refuse to believe that

did the memphis grizzlies say that hasheem thabeet was a better replacement to marc gasol when they picked him at 2..no because he didnt play a minute in the league and coundt keep up. I hope TR doesnt end up like thabeet but its not a gaurentee he will be good let alone be a starting 2 as rookie
                Last edited by geo; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Honestly those who think shipping out DD and Jose and whatever else for Iggy...you are HOMERS, not even going to sugar coat that. HOMERS.

Having a great offensive/defensive player like Iggy versus DD and Jose is a flat out steal. I love Jose, but we have Lowry and I'm ok giving him the reins. And DD has not become the player we had hoped, he just hasn't. Sure we could give him another year, but why when you could have a consistent player like Iggy?

Look at the line up it's not even a playoff team, it's a good playoff team

Lowry
                  Fields
                  Iggy
                  Bargs
                  Valc

If Val turns out to actually be the steal of last years draft, then who even knows how good this team could be.

I say ship em' out...bye bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out!
                  i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

...But don't believe me I insist

Iguodala has played through this issue for much of the season and it appears to popping back up at a very inopportune time. While we would expect the 28-year-old to try and play through his injury moving forward, if he can't, the 76ers might be in trouble. Coach Doug Collins likes a good portion of the offense to run through Iguodala, which is only part of what makes his presence on the floor so important. Keep an eye on his status moving forward. Iguodala can be considered a high-end option in all formats when healthy.
                    (Updated 05/02/2012).
                    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players...age/498289/rss

Comment

No need to get hostile, he was just sharing his opinion

Comment

My bad Raptor_11.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
                          Honestly those who think shipping out DD and Jose and whatever else for Iggy...you are HOMERS, not even going to sugar coat that. HOMERS.

Having a great offensive/defensive player like Iggy versus DD and Jose is a flat out steal. I love Jose, but we have Lowry and I'm ok giving him the reins. And DD has not become the player we had hoped, he just hasn't. Sure we could give him another year, but why when you could have a consistent player like Iggy?

Look at the line up it's not even a playoff team, it's a good playoff team

Lowry
                          Fields
                          Iggy
                          Bargs
                          Valc

If Val turns out to actually be the steal of last years draft, then who even knows how good this team could be.

I say ship em' out...bye bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out!
                          Because your giving up a 10 mil expiring contract, a rookie contract for one of the worst contracts in the league....iggy is ok but he is not worth that money. And if demar improves and we make this trade we will regret it for years

phili flat out wins this trade

Comment

How do you know all those things? People said DeMar was a good defender and rebounder in college and look out how that turned out. You simply don't know how his game will translate to the NBA.

There are far too many reasons why simply comparing DD and TR based on their college stats and saying TR is better is unsubstantial. You said TR had better college stats; DeMar actually had better freshmen stats and was drafted as a freshman. Not to mention DD is only one year older than TR and has three more years on NBA experience. So I don't buy the fact TR is a better player right now.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                              if granger is an option it be too funny mulling trade options on 2 SF who the raps passed on in the draft in order to pick complete duds in hoffa & graham LOL
                              lol yeah, but now is a good time to correct those mistakes and will try to forget the past decade

Comment

Not sold on Iggy's ability to create his own shot. Raptors have been missing a premium scorer who can make a shot in the clutch/shot clock winding down. I'm just not too comfortable saying, "Oh, we're giving Iggy the chance to win the game." Maybe if we can get him without giving up both Calderon AND DeRozan. One or the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X