Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Feel free to merge this with another thread I couldn't find one though.

The rumour going around now is that the raptors are in trade talks with the 76ers for Igoudala.
    The trade would send Calderon, DeMar Derozan, and Ed Davis for Andre Igoudala and Nikola Vuvejic.

I have mixed feelings with this trade. I feel Demar has a lot of room to grow and shouldn't be the first to be traded for a guy in his prime who will soon decline. But at the same time we have Ross and likely fields and this would solve our largest problem and we'd get vuvejic another center. Assuming this was the last move this offseason our lineup would look like

Lowry/Bayless(if resigned)
    Ross/Fields(or vice versa)
    Iggy/JJ/Kleiza
    Bargnani/Amir
    Valanciunas/Vuvejic

This brings me to ask the question, if this happens aren't we almost just as weak at the sg spot as we are now at sf? I know Ross and fields will both get better but it just seems like its translating our problems to another position.

Source:

https://twitter.com/aarbron/status/220998302370508801

I do not want us to go after iggy to be honest.

Comment

Source: Sam Shipley nba writer for sportstalkphilly via twitter.@samshipley5: I can confirm the Raptors/Sixers trade rumor. Source says it is legit. Calderon/Derozan/Ed Davis for Dre/Vuc.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
        I do not want us to go after iggy to be honest.
        I'm not that high on him either. He's close to last on my starting sf's to get list.

Comment

This doesn't look bad.

But I don' like iggy either. Rudy gay please.

Comment

Well I assumed they were obvious trading partners (and made a few posts today targeting such a trade), but hoped Toronto would only have to give up a selection of Amir, Davis, JJ, Calderon and Bayless. I also figured that Philly would want a future 1st round pick, in addition to a handful of backups, so perhaps DeRozan is now being included in place of a 1st round pick (since the Raps can't trade a 2013 or 2014 1st round pick, thanks to the Lowry trade).

I knew one of Davis/Amir would be traded this offseason (preference would be for it to be Amir) and one/both Calderon/Bayless would be traded (preference would be for it to be Bayless). Iggy would also make a wing player expendable - JJ, Kleiza or DeRozan (Ross was just drafted and Fields can't be traded yet) - my preference would have been to see JJ traded, but understand that Philly would want at least 1 starter caliber player in return, especially in lieu of getting a 1st round pick. Ross, Fields and Iggy on the wings make DD expendable (plus DD is in line for a big raise after next season, which Toronto would now avoid).

I don't mind this trade at all, but hope another backup PG will be found, because I do not want it to be Bayless!

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
              This doesn't look bad.

But I don' like iggy either. Rudy gay please.
              Gay is likely off the market now that Memphis let Mayo walk. The Raps also can't offer Memphis a 1st round pick now (thanks to the Lowry trade), so we have nothing really of value to offer Memphis. Philly needs a backup PG and backup PF and backup/starting SG, but Memphis doesn't have those same needs, so what Toronto is offering doesn't match up as well with them, even if Gay were still available.

Comment

If we can sub in JJ + Ed + Calderon + Bayless? For Iggy and Vuvejic? I don't wan't anything to do with trading Demar Derozan, too much upside.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

I don't mind this trade at all, but hope another backup PG will be found, because I do not want it to be Bayless!
                  I heard they're going for Flynn or bayless, whoever turns out cheaper

Comment

rudy gay is going to cost asset wise twice as much.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I really want to see the Lowry, Demar, Fields, Bargnani, JV lineup in action. I think Demar could thrive with a lineup like that. He is also going to improve tons on defense this year (with Casey giving him a full training camp and more practice time). It would be a shame to see Demar go (but I know tons of people feel differently). I like the core we have now, and if Lowry stays, think about how great it could be in 3 or 4 years. Is Iggy worth that?

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        If we can sub in JJ + Ed + Calderon + Bayless? For Iggy and Vuvejic? I don't wan't anything to do with trading Demar Derozan, too much upside.
                        +1

There is no way I am giving up on him on his current contract till Casey had enough time to work with him.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          Philly doesn't need 2 backup PG (behind Holiday) and they don't need JJ for SF (they have Young and Harkless).

DeRozan is tough to giveup, but he is easily expendable now after the draft (Ross), signing Fields and now trading for Iggy. They'd still even have Kleiza and JJ, so one would think another player would likely wind up being dealt away.

Plus you have to giveup something of real value to get a legit all-star. Davis and Calderon are basically backups at this point, so I think it is fair (hard yes, but fair) to include DeRozan.

Comment

I'm skeptical on this until my twitter feed blows up - again.

At first look, I like it but that is due to my frustrations with DD - that throwing the basketball the length of the court move still really irks me, oh yeah, and elements of game too.

On the plus side:
                            AI can do all the things we've always wish DD could do: rebound, defend, shoot, create, pass.

On the down side:
                            DD is younger, cheaper, AI is VERY expensive, DD might actually break out.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                              I heard they're going for Flynn or bayless, whoever turns out cheaper
                              Flynn is who I was hoping for. I would love to see Bayless and JJ packed in a trade for a 1st round pick, or a couple 2nd round picks, after this deal.

C: Valanciunas, Vucevic, Gray/Magloire
                              PF: Bargnani, Amir, Acy
                              SF: Iggy, Kleiza
                              SG: Fields, Ross
                              PG: Lowry, Flynn, Uzoh

Comment

Working...
                              X