Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont know what this means on our trade front but BC pulled the QO to Bayless making him UFA.. maybe calderon stays??

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Making_Him_UFA

Hollinger thinks a trade may be brewing, according to him Bayless signing couldnt have blown up the Fields/Lowry deals so he thinks something else is in the works

i hope its not Iggy..

i would be suprised if Mavs hadnt already offered Marion for Jose.. would give them a PG for the year & $ next free agency.. & im sure DC likes him.. not saying id do it but i can see the logic in that deal far more then giving up all our assets for Iggy

maybe something like this could work..
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=75kv8da
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Fri Jul 6, 2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
      there is no way we trade derozan idc...ill give up bargs...BC DONT GIVE DEROZAN DONT
      SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
      If we give up Derozan, essentially all we do is replace our hole at SF with a hole at SG. Fields is nothing more than a role player at this time, and Ross is completely unproven.

I would give up JJ/Kleiza + Calderon + 1st round pick + Davis/Amir to get this done. I think those three considerable assets should be enough to take what has been known as one of the worst contracts in the league for several years. Maybe we need to get a third team involved someone that needs PG.

I don't think giving up Derozan + all/some of those assets doesn't make us better. If however we can keep Derozan:

PG: Lowry/Bayless/(Uzoh?)
      SF: Iguodala/Kleiza/(Anderson? lol)
      SG: Derozan/Fields/Ross
      PF: Bargnani/(Davis or Amir)/Acy
      C: Valanciunas/Vucevic/(Gray?)

With a starting line up like that we will definitely make the playoffs this year.

BC get it done without trading Demar!
      geo wrote: View Post
      i think he has improved...i think when bargnani was hurt teams zeroed in on him and he was the focus...granted he played some bad games but i think those are growing pains. After the all star break he was 10th in scoring in the eastern conference. Now i understand scoring isnt everything but its what he does best

I really am excited to see what he does with a full training camp under casey
      Just to add, everyone is so hard and demar (and ED) but last year they weren't aloud to workout with their coaching staff which is why i think we didn't see as much improvement from ED as was expected.. this year will be a tell tale side for all... Last year demar was forced to put-up shots and was the focus of the entire defence with very little scoring help... when your next best scorer is Jose.... you have problems

Comment

• I've been thinking about it and I would be very much in favour of getting Iggy and giving up Demar, ED or whoever. Not just because I think Demar and ED are never going to be great players but also because this team needs a guy like Iguodala who is a smart veteran, has been part of a team that went from shit to playoff team and even took arguably the 3rd or 4th best team in the league to 7 games. He knows what part he plays in the team and is ok just being a catalyst out there, not needing the stats.

We have him for 2 years in which he becomes the on-court leader and showing the younger guys how to play smart, efficient basketball, especially on D, and if he leaves after 2 years so be it, our guys gain a ton of knowledge and they stop being stuck in this losing, woe is me mentality. Every team needs a strong veteran presence, and that's something that Rudy Gay and his points can't give.

Comment

• Does anyone think this could mean a bigger trade with phili? I.e. including lou williams as part of sign and trade (would be 8-9 million max we could do if amnesty amir)
          Raps get: lou wiliams, vujecic, iggy
          phili gets: demar, davis, jose

looks like a much fairer deal and good for both sides.

I remember doug smith reporting during lockout that raps were interested in williams.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...t-finally.html

Comment

• mal1018 wrote: View Post
            Does anyone think this could mean a bigger trade with phili? I.e. including lou williams as part of sign and trade (would be 8-9 million max we could do if amnesty amir)
            Raps get: lou wiliams, vujecic, iggy
            phili gets: demar, davis, jose

looks like a much fairer deal and good for both sides.

I remember doug smith reporting during lockout that raps were interested in williams.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...t-finally.html
            I could be wrong and I'd have to double check the CBA-FAQ, but I believe if you rescind a QO, thereby renouncing an RFA, you can no longer S&T them. ie: Toronto can't S&T Bayless and Philly can't S&T Williams, as they are now UFAs.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              I've been thinking about it and I would be very much in favour of getting Iggy and giving up Demar, ED or whoever. Not just because I think Demar and ED are never going to be great players but also because this team needs a guy like Iguodala who is a smart veteran, has been part of a team that went from shit to playoff team and even took arguably the 3rd or 4th best team in the league to 7 games. He knows what part he plays in the team and is ok just being a catalyst out there, not needing the stats.

We have him for 2 years in which he becomes the on-court leader and showing the younger guys how to play smart, efficient basketball, especially on D, and if he leaves after 2 years so be it, our guys gain a ton of knowledge and they stop being stuck in this losing, woe is me mentality. Every team needs a strong veteran presence, and that's something that Rudy Gay and his points can't give.
              So lets say we get iggy for 2 years...then what our guys are all superstars because they played with iggy?

And for veteran leadership...what about calderon..is he not a vet?

I get that the 3 needs and upgrade but you cant be giving up the future for a 2 year rent on a guy will make us mediocre

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I could be wrong and I'd have to double check the CBA-FAQ, but I believe if you rescind a QO, thereby renouncing an RFA, you can no longer S&T them. ie: Toronto can't S&T Bayless and Philly can't S&T Williams, as they are now UFAs.
                I think thats for restricted free agents...nash was unrestricted and he went on a sign and trade to LA

Comment

I think you're right about sign and trade if you renounce on RFA but i thought Lou was unrestricted

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
                    I think thats for restricted free agents...nash was unrestricted and he went on a sign and trade to LA
                    But they still had his rights, same as Toronto has now for Gray. Now that Bayless' QO has been rescinded, I'm not sure if they still maintain rights (similar to Nash & Gray) or if he's been fully renounced.

Comment

But they still had his rights, same as Toronto has now for Gray. Now that Bayless' QO has been rescinded, I'm not sure if they still maintain rights (similar to Nash & Gray) or if he's been fully renounced.
                      Larry Coon says yes, Bayless can be traded:
                      http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q88

88. Can a free agent be signed and immediately traded?

There is a rule that allows teams to re-sign their own free agents for trading purposes, called the sign-and-trade rule. Under this rule the player is re-signed and immediately traded to another team. This is done by adding a clause to the contract stipulating that the contract is null and void if the trade to the specific team is not completed within 48 hours. To qualify for a sign-and-trade, all of the following must be true:

The player must re-sign with his prior team -- a team cannot include another team's free agent in a sign-and-trade.
                      The player must finish the preceding season with that team (deals are no longer allowed that sign-and-trade players who are out of the league, such as the sign-and-trade that sent Keith Van Horn from Dallas to New Jersey as part of the Jason Kidd trade in 2008).
                      The player cannot be a restricted free agent who has signed an offer sheet with another team (see question number 43).
                      Starting in 2013-14, the team receiving the player cannot be above the "apron" ($4 million above the tax level) after the trade1.
                      Starting in 2013-14, the team cannot receive a player in a sign-and-trade if they have used the Taxpayer Mid-Level exception (see question number 25) that season.
                      The trade must be completed prior to the first game of the regular season (sign-and-trades are not allowed once the season begins).
                      The player cannot be signed using the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, the Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, or any exception that cannot be used to offer a three-year contract (see question number 25).

A sign-and-trade deal can be made with a free agent who has been renounced, as long as all the above criteria are met. Sign-and-trade contracts must be for at least three seasons (not including any option year) and no longer than four seasons. The first year of the contract must be fully guaranteed, but the remaining seasons can be non-guaranteed. The combination of a three-year minimum with a one-year guarantee ensures that the player's new team cannot acquire the player's Bird rights any sooner than if they had signed him directly (if they wanted to re-sign him in less than three years they would first have to waive him, and lose any Bird rights -- see question number 32).

Bayless should fit the criteria outlined by Larry in his FAQ. That's why I think BC has something brewing.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        That's why I think BC has something brewing.
                        Or Bayless told BC he doesn't want to be backup anymore. If there were a followup move, wouldn't it be done already?

Comment

• I don't know why Philly would do a deal like that, but I'm all for it. Faster, please!

Comment

• If the Raptors trade Demar Derozan then everyone should be fired, and for andre igoudala?? Wow I must not be watching the same nba as everyone else, I'm pretty sure james johnson can do the same things that he can do. DD is a future superstar and if nothing else, he's a walking highlight reel.

Comment

• i don't think we need williams now unless he is stepping in to start for dd. iggy is far superior to johnson. i can see a ed/amir, jj and bayless for iggy deal now that they got rid of brand. might want to get rid of other large contracts and get ready for next years free agent crops.

seems like team building is all about tearing everything down as fast as possible to free up money and grab as many picks in one or two years as possible and then swinging for as many free agents as you can.

thanks miami. i think i heard that the league wanted more player movement and trades.

Comment

• Lopez wrote: View Post
                                If the Raptors trade Demar Derozan then everyone should be fired, and for andre igoudala?? Wow I must not be watching the same nba as everyone else, I'm pretty sure james johnson can do the same things that he can do. DD is a future and if nothing else, he's a walking highlight reel.
                                What gives you the perception that he's a future superstar? his amazing jump shot? or his non-finishes when he drives and get fouled?

I'm not saying he doesn't have potential to be a really good player, but superstar is a stretch at the least.

Comment

Working...
                                X