Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lopez wrote: View Post
    DD is a future superstar and if nothing else, he's a walking highlight reel.
    do you watch a lot of iggy? he is a highlight reel and does it at full speeds with people in front of him and everything. iggy would get the acc screaming everygame as long as his ankle holds up.

i don't want to trade dd but if the reason for keeping him is highlight reel plays then iggy has him beat everytime

Comment

• Highlights win you championships!!! Forget DeRozan and Iggy, let's go after Hot Sauce and Da Professor...

Comment

• Lopez wrote: View Post
        If the Raptors trade Demar Derozan then everyone should be fired, and for andre igoudala?? Wow I must not be watching the same nba as everyone else, I'm pretty sure james johnson can do the same things that he can do. DD is a future superstar and if nothing else, he's a walking highlight reel.
        DeRozan is a future grocery bagger. He's been getting worse every year and the numbers show it. The more responsibility he's asked to take on, the worse he gets. If he was going to be a superstar he'd already be one by now.

Comment

• I am not sure what the normal expectations are for the 9th pick in mediocre drafts but I think people are way too hard on Demar. I think everyone needs to take a step back and get some perspective.

Comment

• http://wagesofwins.com/2012/02/03/de...g-the-raptors/

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
              I am not sure what the normal expectations are for the 9th pick in mediocre drafts but I think people are way too hard on Demar. I think everyone needs to take a step back and get some perspective.
              Not raggin on your comment and not saying we should/shouldn't trade Demar (I actually would like to see him with Nash) but once the guy has played a year in the league I could care less where he was drafted. Play to your abilities, work hard to improve and GMs pay for performance (after rookie contract) instead of draft level or other BS.
              I for one am not a big fan of Bargnani but judge I he is a good player I don't give a rat's ass if he was the #1 pick that was 6 years ago. Move on and judge your team and players as they play.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                Not raggin on your comment and not saying we should/shouldn't trade Demar (I actually would like to see him with Nash) but once the guy has played a year in the league I could care less where he was drafted. Play to your abilities, work hard to improve and GMs pay for performance (after rookie contract) instead of draft level or other BS.
                I for one am not a big fan of Bargnani but judge I he is a good player I don't give a rat's ass if he was the #1 pick that was 6 years ago. Move on and judge your team and players as they play.
                I am not even really a fan of him at all. I just don't have sky high expectations. I see a lot of posts filled with anger because the guy isn't at superstar status. I look at who was drafted ahead of him and after him and think we made a fairly decent pick and he is playing at an OK pace. He seemed to improve as the second half of the season went on. He had an injury blip and that twitter freak out but I think Casey got him in line. He is a young kid who had 1 year of college, he is going to need some work. I look at the mess this team has been since he got here from Jay Triano being the lame duck coach and a lockout year and am not ready to say he is worthless or bagging groceries. I don't think developing players can be fairly evaluated off of a season like we just had so I am not going to chicken little a stat decrease from previous seasons.

But if a trade comes along for a relatively known quantity in return I say go for it rather than hoping he lives up to potential. Hopefully it works out for us.

Comment

• seen a similar article somewhere. Although on the outset it seems like a good predictor of player value I don't like the WP48 stat.

2011- 2012 Min WP48
                  Calderon 1799 .208
                  Bargnani 1032 -.040

2010-2011
                  Calderon 2104 .169
                  Bargnani 2353 -.126

2009-2010
                  Calderon 1817 .144
                  Bargnani 2799 -.034

2008-2009
                  Calderon 2484 .287
                  Bargnani 1861 -.152

2007-2008
                  Calderon 1614 .192
                  Bargnani 1629 -.044

Now tell me why Andrea (earning 10million/year) is preferred over Demar or Calderon?

And lets compare Eric gordon to Demar for fun. We know who is the better player
                  http://www.thenbageek.com/players/co...r=1&player_ids[]=318&player_ids[]=127

Demar regressed this year because he is 4th option on a good team but was being used as our first option.

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                    seen a similar article somewhere. Although on the outset it seems like a good predictor of player value I don't like the WP48 stat.

2011- 2012 Min WP48
                    Calderon 1799 .208
                    Bargnani 1032 -.040

2010-2011
                    Calderon 2104 .169
                    Bargnani 2353 -.126

2009-2010
                    Calderon 1817 .144
                    Bargnani 2799 -.034

2008-2009
                    Calderon 2484 .287
                    Bargnani 1861 -.152

2007-2008
                    Calderon 1614 .192
                    Bargnani 1629 -.044

Now tell me why Andrea (earning 10million/year) is preferred over Demar or Calderon?

Demar regressed this year because he is 4th option on a good team but was being used as our first option.
                    He was our first option last season, it has nothing to do with being the option offensively. It's the player himself having the mentality to be aggressive, and the offensive set/system and the point guard allowing him to be put in the position to be successful offensively. Am I the only one who felt Demar lost A LOT of confidence down the stretch of January - February?
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                      seen a similar article somewhere. Although on the outset it seems like a good predictor of player value I don't like the WP48 stat.

2011- 2012 Min WP48
                      Calderon 1799 .208
                      Bargnani 1032 -.040

2010-2011
                      Calderon 2104 .169
                      Bargnani 2353 -.126

2009-2010
                      Calderon 1817 .144
                      Bargnani 2799 -.034

2008-2009
                      Calderon 2484 .287
                      Bargnani 1861 -.152

2007-2008
                      Calderon 1614 .192
                      Bargnani 1629 -.044

I'm not personally defending Gordon or Bargnani. The entire pre-July Raptors roster is responsible for 60-loss type seasons and is therefore not terribly distinguished. They're interchangeable parts, none of them good enough. If you think DeRozan is the fourth option on a good team (he's actually a hell of a lot worse than that, but never mind) then at least you're not crazed enough to think he's a budding superstar or something.

Comment

• I'm convinced that BC is shopping DD hard!!!
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
                          So lets say we get iggy for 2 years...then what our guys are all superstars because they played with iggy?

And for veteran leadership...what about calderon..is he not a vet?

I get that the 3 needs and upgrade but you cant be giving up the future for a 2 year rent on a guy will make us mediocre
                          No one's following a flopper who barely speaks english, doesn't play defence and completely disappears or worst yet loses the game for you whenever you get into the last 2 minutes of a game. Calderon = great stats but no wins.

2 year rent on a great leader for scrubs, has-beens and never-will-be's is a good trade.

If you get LW and AI back, you get a tweener that can do a good enough job at point and is better than anyone we have at 2, and one of the top defensive 3's in the game right now. We need to stop getting so attached to these not so great players.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                            No one's following a flopper who barely speaks english, doesn't play defence and completely disappears or worst yet loses the game for you whenever you get into the last 2 minutes of a game. Calderon = great stats but no wins.

2 year rent on a great leader for scrubs, has-beens and never-will-be's is a good trade.

If you get LW and AI back, you get a tweener that can do a good enough job at point and is better than anyone we have at 2, and one of the top defensive 3's in the game right now. We need to stop getting so attached to these not so great players.
                            Agreed 100%. If anyone on this team was worth keeping, perhaps they wouldn't lose 2 games for every 1 they win?

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post

ok i think i get it now...so your saying after having a core of DD/Bargs for 2 years (after bosh left)...one of which was a year filled with injuries is a long enough time for them to grow and its time to blow up the team to become mediocre is a smart idea.

Id rather have a young group of players let them develop and see what we got(and dont tell me our team has reached their ceiling...otherwise i cant even talk)...why gamble on ur future for a guy who wont make us relevent...and at best barely a playoff team.

I dont get how AI is a great leader...he is good player but dont expect if we get him we can do anything with him. phili has loads of talent and they beat a roseless bulls....not that promising imo
                              Last edited by geo; Sat Jul 7, 2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Warriors trade Wright to the Sixers. Hmmmmmmm....

Now the Sixers have a glut of SF's in Wright, Igoudala, Turner and Harkless. That's five if you consider Thad Young as a SF as well. It's true that some of them can play SG or PF, but five 6-6 to 6-8 players with similar body types is too much in my opinion. A trade to the Raptors perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X