Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• with batum agreeing to his offer sheet tonight with the wolves, Brandon Roy agreeing to sign with the wolves, all thats left for them to do is sign Oden & there the minnesota trail blazers LOL.. maybe they'd be interested in Bayless SnT for Rubio LOL

also here a link that will put this Iggy talk to rest at least for now..

http://www.phillyburbs.com/sports/si...e27e1a847.html
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Fri Jul 6, 2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      First, why would you rather keep 5 wings who won't all play, when none of them are all-star caliber starters, instead of trading 2 of them for an all-star?

Second, you can't trade garbage for an all-star. You have to giveup some talent to get talent. I would say that DeRozan would be 4th on my list of which wing I would like to trade (Ross would be #5), but when the right deal presents itself, you have to be ready to make a sacrifice to get an even better, proven, veteran all-star.
      Yup I agree that garbage wont get us a star. I dont agree that any stars available right now are worth a Derozan though. If it was Rudy Gay we were talking about, then I would probably go ahead with it, but I dont see it being very likely now that OJ Mayo has been allowed to walk. On my list of most likely to be traded (or should be traded first):

1.Kleiza
      2.Johnson
      3.Fields
      4.Ross
      5.Derozan
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
        Hey why dont you learn to read you piece of sh*&.
        Fellas, this was a mock of blackjitz's over the top 'u can't read' rant. As for hate, go back and read the threads, you'll always find more insults directed at me than coming from me, I guarantee it.

Comment

Fellas, this was a mock of blackjitz's over the top 'u can't read' rant. As for hate, go back and read the threads, you'll always find more insults directed at me than coming from me, I guarantee it.
          i got your joke, but sarcasm doesn't come off on screen like when we speak.

Comment

• Can Carl Landry play SF? We can have him in the low block on offense while Bargs plays higher up as the defacto SF on offense. Yet Landry can guard SFs during defense?

Comment

• Steve Novak maybe?

Comment

• Vucevic - I really rate this guy. He is the real reason I don't think it is bad trade. In fact offering Demar might be the only way we get both players.

Iggy- I like what he gives 76ers. So stay there Iggy and do what you do best. Just a year ago he was under severe criticism for being paid like an elite shooter when his shooting was average. Gallinari is the top 3 in my wishlist. If we want to pay a premium then we might as well take a shot on Rudy.

Demar is 23 and still has two years and cost us only 11million over 4 years. I will trade him next year if his game doesn't improve. This will give us good time to evaluate Ross.

College stats are useless as someone already pointed out. Especially for a shooter. I remember reading some analysis on how points scored and FG% in college almost never happens in the NBA. We are one of the worst drafting teams. Even if all the scouts were wrong about a consensus late first rounder who went 8 he would still be only a role player or bench player by probability. We already have that or maybe better in Demar.

http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.co...ber-crunching/

http://www.82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm

I like Ross and I want him to succeed. In fact I want him to be an outlier and absolute star. That is a fan's wet dream. But I am not willing to lose Demar on the hope he will be any good. we can go the same route as warriors when they shipped Monta after evaluating their rookie.why not use Ross like Klay thomson was used. Around 20 minutes a game and if he is any good Demar is goners next summer.

Jonas Bargnani Ross Demar Lowry
                Bench :Amir JJ Kleiza Fields Bayless

Comment

Lol figured as much, I don't think anyone took offense to it.

Comment

• If Iggy's got injury problems count BC out. You guys saw what happened with Pietrus last off season

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Yup I agree that garbage wont get us a star. I dont agree that any stars available right now are worth a Derozan though. If it was Rudy Gay we were talking about, then I would probably go ahead with it, but I dont see it being very likely now that OJ Mayo has been allowed to walk. On my list of most likely to be traded (or should be traded first):

1.Kleiza
                      2.Johnson
                      3.Fields
                      4.Ross
                      5.Derozan
                      Fair enough. If I were BC, I would still kick the tires on Gay, with DeRozan (to replace Mayo) as the first name out of my mouth.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        If we can sub in JJ + Ed + Calderon + Bayless? For Iggy and Vuvejic? I don't wan't anything to do with trading Demar Derozan, too much upside.
                        I'm sorry, Demar is hopeless. Casey threw the towel on him already. So did I.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Iggy's deal is one thing, his Achilles heel is another. That's all I got to say.
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Allan Amin ‏@Agent365
                            @DeMar_DeRozan will not be traded. People shouldn't believe everything they read or hear. #raptors #WWBD

DeMar DeRozan ‏@DeMar_DeRozan
                            @Agent365 exactly, very true!

Comment

• lol the dudes right. You can't believe every rumor in free agency

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
                                Do the damn trade, we need to get all the losers out of town. When I mean losers I mean players who have been functioning in a loser culture and not adjusting well with the new coach.

Calderon, DeMar, JJ, Davis all of them for Iggy and Vucecic do the damn deal BC.
                                glad your not the gm of this team
                                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Working...
                                X