Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 292

Thread: Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

  1. #21
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I did read that Philly was looking at moving Holiday to SG and pursuing a PG. Don't remember where I read that.
    I assume this deal would change their minds.

    PF - Brand, Davis, Moultrie
    SF - Young, Harkless
    SG - DeRozan, Evans
    PG - Holiday, Calderon

    Unless they start DeRozan at SF and go with DD/Evans/Holiday

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

    Plus you have to giveup something of real value to get a legit all-star.
    How about Magloire as our legit all-star? Screw this trade and stick with our young talent. Demar is someone we have spent time developing and I don't want to give up on him just yet.

    Again, I don't think this is bad trade at all. I like Iggy but somehow this trade reminds me of Turk saga.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Love the idea of getting Iggy, but I'm affraid we're giving up too much proven and potential talent for him. At least send Amir instead of Davis and maybe take back another contract. But on the bright side, Iggy's deal will likely come off the books next yr when he opts out to test the market. We're in a good financial situation so his contract will probably translate to pure cap space, plus the FA class is better next yr.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I assume this deal would change their minds.

    PF - Brand, Davis, Moultrie
    SF - Young, Harkless
    SG - DeRozan, Evans
    PG - Holiday, Calderon

    Unless they start DeRozan at SF and go with DD/Evans/Holiday
    I would be surprised if Brand is back but I've been wrong before. I see this:

    PG: Calderon
    SG: Holiday, DD
    SF: Evans, Young, Harkless
    PF: Brand, Davis, Moultrie


    I think Harkless is a project, Young remains 6th man, and DD becomes Lou off the bench.

  5. #25
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
    Love the idea of getting Iggy, but I'm affraid we're giving up too much proven and potential talent for him. At least send Amir instead of Davis and maybe take back another contract. But on the bright side, Iggy's deal will likely come off the books next yr when he opts out to test the market. We're in a good financial situation so his contract will probably translate to pure cap space, plus the FA class is better next yr.
    Agreed. I would much prefer DD, Amir and Bayless, but then we're arguing about our backup PF/PG, so I'm not toooo concerned.

  6. #26
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I would be surprised if Brand is back but I've been wrong before. I see this:

    PG: Calderon
    SG: Holiday, DD
    SF: Evans, Young, Harkless
    PF: Brand, Davis, Moultrie


    I think Harkless is a project, Young remains 6th man, and DD becomes Lou off the bench.
    I think they like all the positional flexibility they'd have with guys like Holiday, Williams, Evans, DeRozan and Young

  7. #27
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    How about Magloire as our legit all-star? Screw this trade and stick with our young talent. Demar is someone we have spent time developing and I don't want to give up on him just yet.

    Again, I don't think this is bad trade at all. I like Iggy but somehow this trade reminds me of Turk saga.
    The Raps would still have loads of young talent

    Player (age during next season):

    C - Valanciunas (20)
    PF - Bargnani (27)
    PF - Amir (25)
    PF - Acy (22)
    SF - Fields (24)
    SF - Kleiza (27/28)
    SF - J.Johnson (25/26)
    SG - Ross (21/22)
    PG - Lowry (26/27)
    PG - Bayless (24)
    PG - Uzoh (24/25)

    SF - Iggy (28/29)

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Source?? I can't find this anywhere and don't think it's a legit rumour at all.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote optifan wrote: View Post
    Source?? I can't find this anywhere and don't think it's a legit rumour at all.
    ya ive just been searching to & have found nothing..

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    How about Magloire as our legit all-star? Screw this trade and stick with our young talent. Demar is someone we have spent time developing and I don't want to give up on him just yet.

    Again, I don't think this is bad trade at all. I like Iggy but somehow this trade reminds me of Turk saga.
    My concern has nothing to do with another Turk-gate scenario.

    AI is looking to get paid one more time and is 2 years younger than Turk was.

    My concerns would be:

    1) his game is based on athleticism and he is getting older (happens to all of us)
    2) his Achilles has been an issue for the last 2 years I believe.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    cant speak for optifan but.. i ment a legit source... not just some random twitter feed

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote optifan wrote: View Post
    Source?? I can't find this anywhere and don't think it's a legit rumour at all.
    Yup. My twitter feed has not exploded and Raptors just sent out this:




    Toronto Raptors ‏@Raptors

    Best of luck to DeMar with the USA Select Team! http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...l-select-team/ RT @DeMar_DeRozan: Vegas..

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hope this is just a rumour, we'd be giving up waaaaaay too much for iggy. I would give derozan until the end of this season to see if he pans out.

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    there is no way we trade derozan idc...ill give up bargs...BC DONT GIVE DEROZAN DONT

  15. #35
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,020
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Feel free to merge this with another thread I couldn't find one though.

    The rumour going around now is that the raptors are in trade talks with the 76ers for Igoudala.
    The trade would send Calderon, DeMar Derozan, and Ed Davis for Andre Igoudala and Nikola Vuvejic.

    I have mixed feelings with this trade. I feel Demar has a lot of room to grow and shouldn't be the first to be traded for a guy in his prime who will soon decline. But at the same time we have Ross and likely fields and this would solve our largest problem and we'd get vuvejic another center. Assuming this was the last move this offseason our lineup would look like

    Lowry/Bayless(if resigned)
    Ross/Fields(or vice versa)
    Iggy/JJ/Kleiza
    Bargnani/Amir
    Valanciunas/Vuvejic

    This brings me to ask the question, if this happens aren't we almost just as weak at the sg spot as we are now at sf? I know Ross and fields will both get better but it just seems like its translating our problems to another position.

    NEW RULE: A SOURCE MUST BE POSTED ON THREADS LIKE THIS...I don't actually have the ability to enforce this but it would make things a lot easier

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sam Shipley nba writer for sportstalkphilly.com posted that as I said earlier then Evan Massey of centerstagesports.com also tweeted it. Those are the only 2 with any credentials I've seen post it. Maybe it was just a rumour.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://twitter.com/samshipley5/statu...87450753949696

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...php?p=22806090

    da trade option DISCUSSED that's it. this guy is reporting iggy is being shopped league wide, so clearly he's talked to bryan.
    Last edited by LBF; Thu Jul 5th, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  18. #38
    mcsemcp73
    Guest

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    Do the damn trade, we need to get all the losers out of town. When I mean losers I mean players who have been functioning in a loser culture and not adjusting well with the new coach.

    Calderon, DeMar, JJ, Davis all of them for Iggy and Vucecic do the damn deal BC.

    I 100 % agree

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    honsetly if BC trades derozan now it would be the stupidest move....id give up ross+JJ+ed+ Calderon before id give derozan

  20. #40
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,020
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Shipley is currently being roasted on twitter for making unsubstantiated claims.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •