Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant speak for optifan but.. i ment a legit source... not just some random twitter feed

Comment

optifan wrote: View Post
      Source?? I can't find this anywhere and don't think it's a legit rumour at all.
      Yup. My twitter feed has not exploded and Raptors just sent out this:

Toronto Raptors ‏@Raptors

Best of luck to DeMar with the USA Select Team! http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...l-select-team/ RT @DeMar_DeRozan: Vegas..

Comment

I hope this is just a rumour, we'd be giving up waaaaaay too much for iggy. I would give derozan until the end of this season to see if he pans out.

Comment

there is no way we trade derozan idc...ill give up bargs...BC DONT GIVE DEROZAN DONT

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
            Feel free to merge this with another thread I couldn't find one though.

The rumour going around now is that the raptors are in trade talks with the 76ers for Igoudala.
            The trade would send Calderon, DeMar Derozan, and Ed Davis for Andre Igoudala and Nikola Vuvejic.

I have mixed feelings with this trade. I feel Demar has a lot of room to grow and shouldn't be the first to be traded for a guy in his prime who will soon decline. But at the same time we have Ross and likely fields and this would solve our largest problem and we'd get vuvejic another center. Assuming this was the last move this offseason our lineup would look like

Lowry/Bayless(if resigned)
            Ross/Fields(or vice versa)
            Iggy/JJ/Kleiza
            Bargnani/Amir
            Valanciunas/Vuvejic

This brings me to ask the question, if this happens aren't we almost just as weak at the sg spot as we are now at sf? I know Ross and fields will both get better but it just seems like its translating our problems to another position.

NEW RULE: A SOURCE MUST BE POSTED ON THREADS LIKE THIS...I don't actually have the ability to enforce this but it would make things a lot easier
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Sam Shipley nba writer for sportstalkphilly.com posted that as I said earlier then Evan Massey of centerstagesports.com also tweeted it. Those are the only 2 with any credentials I've seen post it. Maybe it was just a rumour.

Comment

http://twitter.com/samshipley5/statu...87450753949696

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...php?p=22806090

da trade option DISCUSSED that's it. this guy is reporting iggy is being shopped league wide, so clearly he's talked to bryan.
                Last edited by LBF; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 07:42 PM.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                  Do the damn trade, we need to get all the losers out of town. When I mean losers I mean players who have been functioning in a loser culture and not adjusting well with the new coach.

Calderon, DeMar, JJ, Davis all of them for Iggy and Vucecic do the damn deal BC.

I 100 % agree

Comment

honsetly if BC trades derozan now it would be the stupidest move....id give up ross+JJ+ed+ Calderon before id give derozan

Comment

Shipley is currently being roasted on twitter for making unsubstantiated claims.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

hey, tucas. for future refrence. you should stress discussion .so, people dont cause fuckin anarchy!
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

i think this is the attempt of some half wit reporter/moonlighting want to be GM to turn shit into gold with n Iggy trade.. if we do land Iggy it def. wont take all of that to get done...i hope not anyway.
                          Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                            Feel free to merge this with another thread I couldn't find one though.

The rumour going around now is that the raptors are in trade talks with the 76ers for Igoudala.
                            The trade would send Calderon, DeMar Derozan, and Ed Davis for Andre Igoudala and Nikola Vuvejic.

I have mixed feelings with this trade. I feel Demar has a lot of room to grow and shouldn't be the first to be traded for a guy in his prime who will soon decline. But at the same time we have Ross and likely fields and this would solve our largest problem and we'd get vuvejic another center. Assuming this was the last move this offseason our lineup would look like

Lowry/Bayless(if resigned)
                            Ross/Fields(or vice versa)
                            Iggy/JJ/Kleiza
                            Bargnani/Amir
                            Valanciunas/Vuvejic

This brings me to ask the question, if this happens aren't we almost just as weak at the sg spot as we are now at sf? I know Ross and fields will both get better but it just seems like its translating our problems to another position.
                            That deal makes the Raptors a lot better right now. Colangelo should show enough production to insure a contract extension if this happens.

Comment

geo wrote: View Post
                              honsetly if BC trades derozan now it would be the stupidest move....id give up ross+JJ+ed+ Calderon before id give derozan
                              Without me being confrontational in asking, could you explain the rationale?

My opinion:

DeRozan has declined in efficiency each of the last 2 years in the league. He is not a good shooter, dribbler, rebounder, passer, defender, or creator. He has not improved significantly in these areas the last 3 years either. BC called him out about being a total professional and doing the other things required to improve his game like hit the weight room. He is a good scorer but not exactly an efficient scorer. He is a good slasher and gets to the bucket but often fails to finish through contact. He has let his emotions get the best of him on a number of occasions. He is still young, he supposedly loves Toronto, and from all accounts he is a great person. There is still lots of untapped potential but him reaching it is not a guarantee because after 3 years he continues to be extremely one dimensional.

I'd genuinely be interested to read what makes him untouchable to you.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Without me being confrontational in asking, could you explain the rationale?

My opinion:

DeRozan has declined in efficiency each of the last 2 years in the league. He is not a good shooter, dribbler, rebounder, passer, defender, or creator. He has not improved significantly in these areas the last 3 years either. BC called him out about being a total professional and doing the other things required to improve his game like hit the weight room. He is a good scorer but not exactly an efficient scorer. He is a good slasher and gets to the bucket but often fails to finish through contact. He has let his emotions get the best of him on a number of occasions. He is still young, he supposedly loves Toronto, and from all accounts he is a great person. There is still lots of untapped potential but him reaching it is not a guarantee because after 3 years he continues to be extremely one dimensional.

I'd genuinely be interested to read what makes him untouchable to you.
                                You said it...his potential. I understand that potential can get you fired but honestly i really think he is going to be a star. Every year he has improved and every year he finishes the year off strong which leads be to believe that if we make the playoffs he can do something. Also a guy that as hard working and athletic as he is has a very good chance to be good.

Now its not that derozan is untouchable its that we don't need to give him to get iggy, and if 10 mil expiring plus a rookie contract of ed davis is not enough maybe you add JJ...but derozan is a steep price.

Comment

Working...
                                X