Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 292

Thread: Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Rookie LateBoomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote geo wrote: View Post
    How can you say he is a better replacement when he hasnt played a minute
    Compare their college stats

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    From what I've seen from another forum, the source from some guy called Sam Shipley (Twitter: ‏@samshipley5). I think it's a pretty shady source so there probably isn't too much truth to this :/
    Thank god.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    713
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I haven't confirmed this rumor from anywhere but here. But, if it is true, I don't want it.

    I like Iggy, seriously. But Jose is an expiring veteran point guard (who is actually pretty good), then you add DeMar and Ed (2 players I really don't see the Raptors are giving up on at least for 1 more season), it makes a pretty bad trade on our part. I admit that Iguodala is a very good player in his prime. But let's face it, by the time the Raptors reach their potential, Iggy would be on his way down.

    I don't like the fact that he can't shoot, although he can do a lot of things. DeMar, to me, is still an enigma. He has so much potential & I really think he can improve next season. He will be more efficient because teams don't have to game plan to stop JUST him.

    Right now, we have Lowry & Jose, a very good point guard tandem, who can start for most teams, a good rotation of young players (with an unproven Terrence Ross) and a good rotation of capable big men. I think we can net more from Jose come trade deadline & I just don't agree with the rationale of giving up 2 of our young players with potential for a veteran swing man who will be on the decline soon.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

    -- Charles Barkley

  4. #64
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    From what I've seen from another forum, the source from some guy called Sam Shipley (Twitter: ‏@samshipley5). I think it's a pretty shady source so there probably isn't too much truth to this :/
    No, it looks like Shipley said they were talking but @MySportsLegion (which looks shadier) gave the particulars.

  5. #65
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LateBoomer wrote: View Post
    Compare their college stats
    lol is that a joke?....reggie hamilton led the NCAA in scoring and he went undrafted...with your logic he would of been the number 1 pick

    Come on man

  6. #66
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    I haven't confirmed this rumor from anywhere but here. But, if it is true, I don't want it.

    I like Iggy, seriously. But Jose is an expiring veteran point guard (who is actually pretty good), then you add DeMar and Ed (2 players I really don't see the Raptors are giving up on at least for 1 more season), it makes a pretty bad trade on our part. I admit that Iguodala is a very good player in his prime. But let's face it, by the time the Raptors reach their potential, Iggy would be on his way down.

    I don't like the fact that he can't shoot, although he can do a lot of things. DeMar, to me, is still an enigma. He has so much potential & I really think he can improve next season. He will be more efficient because teams don't have to game plan to stop JUST him.

    Right now, we have Lowry & Jose, a very good point guard tandem, who can start for most teams, a good rotation of young players (with an unproven Terrence Ross) and a good rotation of capable big men. I think we can net more from Jose come trade deadline & I just don't agree with the rationale of giving up 2 of our young players with potential for a veteran swing man who will be on the decline soon.
    +1

  7. #67
    Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    With Ross and Iggy on the wings, we're left with Lowry to do all the creating. That sort of offense is far too predictable for my liking.
    Iggy is a great creator and facilitator - probably one of the best SF's at it. He's averaged 5 assists per game in his career and acts as a point-forward a lot of the time

    Though if Granger is attainable he is worth a look - he is more of a primary scoring option and can spread the floor with his 3pt shooting

  8. #68
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LateBoomer wrote: View Post
    Compare their college stats
    Compare Adam Morrison's college stats Dwayne Wade's. College doesn't tell the whole story.

  9. #69
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote connected wrote: View Post
    Iggy is a great creator and facilitator - probably one of the best SF's at it. He's averaged 5 assists per game in his career and acts as a point-forward a lot of the time

    Though if Granger is attainable he is worth a look - he is more of a primary scoring option and can spread the floor with his 3pt shooting
    He's a good passer, but not necessarily a good creator. Calderon is also a good passer, but can't create anything in an ISO.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  10. #70
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote connected wrote: View Post
    Iggy is a great creator and facilitator - probably one of the best SF's at it. He's averaged 5 assists per game in his career and acts as a point-forward a lot of the time

    Though if Granger is attainable he is worth a look - he is more of a primary scoring option and can spread the floor with his 3pt shooting
    if granger is an option it be too funny mulling trade options on 2 SF who the raps passed on in the draft in order to pick complete duds in hoffa & graham LOL

  11. #71
    Raptors Republic Rookie LateBoomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote geo wrote: View Post
    lol is that a joke?....reggie hamilton led the NCAA in scoring and he went undrafted...with your logic he would of been the number 1 pick

    Come on man
    lrrelevant, man.
    We are comparing the college stats of DD and TR.

  12. #72
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LateBoomer wrote: View Post
    lrrelevant, man.
    We are comparing the college stats of DD and TR.
    that would be the only fair way so far to compair the 2 since Ross hasnt even laced his shoes up yet in the NBA

  13. #73
    Raptors Republic Rookie LateBoomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Compare Adam Morrison's college stats Dwayne Wade's. College doesn't tell the whole story.
    Of course.
    But how then can you compare a rookie who has yet to play an NBA game and a vet?

  14. #74
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LateBoomer wrote: View Post
    lrrelevant, man.
    We are comparing the college stats of DD and TR.
    no it is relevent because you are saying that TR has better stats that DD so he will become a better player. Im telling you that the guys who led the nation in scoring didnt get drafted so stats dont mean shit.

  15. #75
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think Nikola Vucevic is going to be a lot better than Ed Davis when it's all said and done. He might actually end up starting while JV acclimates himself to the NBA.

  16. #76
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LateBoomer wrote: View Post
    Of course.
    But how then can you compare a rookie who has yet to play an NBA game and a vet?
    thats why you have scouts....im not saying that TR is a bad player im just saying you cant say he is a better replacement to DD without playing a single minute

  17. #77
    Raptors Republic Rookie LateBoomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote geo wrote: View Post
    no it is relevent because you are saying that TR has better stats that DD so he will become a better player. Im telling you that the guys who led the nation in scoring didnt get drafted so stats dont mean shit.
    There's more than the stats of course,
    but all things considered, TR can be a better player than DD.
    Right now, TR is the better shooter, better ballhandler, better defender.

  18. #78
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Trade makes no sense. From surfing Twitter it all looked like it was coming from Philly. That being said:

    Derozan statistically is in the top 50 in 6 categories, top 10 in drawing fouls and free throw attempts (if I remember correctly). Looking at the numbers, he actually improved a lot last year (minus ppg). You can argue he is statistically the second best player in Toronto (wow we suck). The best? Jose Calderon.

    (Yeah, yeah Bargs, and Amir injured...)

    So we are going to trade our two best players statistically for an injury prone SF and middling backup 5?

    1. There's no guarantee Hawes (Philly's starting 5) comes back.
    2. We are trading 2 of our best players (on paper), 2 players on rookie contracts (if you include Ed), for an injured guy and who?
    3. They're in our division!

    I'm cool with trading old guy for old guy, but I don't want Derozan finding his game and killing us for the next 10 years 4 times a year. No.

    I'm not against trading any of these guys (like I said we suck), but us trading 2 mediocre starters for 1 mediocre starter and a bench player in our division makes zero sense.

    Zero.

    If this is our best offer we should do nothing, make sure we can sign everyone, and figure things out from there.
    I'm neutral about this trade but your reasons for not liking it are invalid. Bargnani is statistically better than Demar. Also Iggy is not injury prone. He has missed a total of 25 games in his 8 years in the league. 15 of them came from a single injury. The whole point of this trade is that we have made these players expendable. By obtaining Lowry we have an above average starting point guard in no longer need Jose when we could trade him for team needs. We also have Ross or fields, who you can't compare to Demar because Ross hasn't played a minute and fields was better than Demar before NYK got melo then his numbers dipped. I think either one would be a serviceable starter and by adding Iggy we get a solid starter at our weakest position. We give up 2/3 of our best players yes but we also now have the pieces that make those players not needed.

  19. #79
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LateBoomer wrote: View Post
    lrrelevant, man.
    We are comparing the college stats of DD and TR.
    That should be irrelevant. If Ross is better he starts, if not DeRozan. Practices and games will bear that out. You should be comparing Demar and Iggy. Do we improve dramatically with Iggy instead of Demar? The answer is no. Philly replaces their top scorer Lou, who is leaving on the cheap with a player with similar stats (Demar - yes he has a different game). Philly is getting a true four (currently that position is filled with tweeners). Philly is getting a starting Pg.

    We're getting a player who is not as dynamic as he used to be, doesn't score at a high clip anymore (and you guys hate Demar), and who?

    Seriously, I would trade Iggy for Jose in a second. That's a fair trade. Their injury riddled starter for ours. Iggy doesn't play international ball so rehab during off-season may lead to us winning that one.

    We don't win that trade, and they're in our division.

  20. #80
    Raptors Republic Rookie LateBoomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Philly actually loses on this trade-

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ku3zhv

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •