Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

geo wrote: View Post
    How can you say he is a better replacement when he hasnt played a minute
    Compare their college stats

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      From what I've seen from another forum, the source from some guy called Sam Shipley (Twitter: ‏@samshipley5). I think it's a pretty shady source so there probably isn't too much truth to this :/
      Thank god.

Comment

I haven't confirmed this rumor from anywhere but here. But, if it is true, I don't want it.

I like Iggy, seriously. But Jose is an expiring veteran point guard (who is actually pretty good), then you add DeMar and Ed (2 players I really don't see the Raptors are giving up on at least for 1 more season), it makes a pretty bad trade on our part. I admit that Iguodala is a very good player in his prime. But let's face it, by the time the Raptors reach their potential, Iggy would be on his way down.

I don't like the fact that he can't shoot, although he can do a lot of things. DeMar, to me, is still an enigma. He has so much potential & I really think he can improve next season. He will be more efficient because teams don't have to game plan to stop JUST him.

Right now, we have Lowry & Jose, a very good point guard tandem, who can start for most teams, a good rotation of young players (with an unproven Terrence Ross) and a good rotation of capable big men. I think we can net more from Jose come trade deadline & I just don't agree with the rationale of giving up 2 of our young players with potential for a veteran swing man who will be on the decline soon.
        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          From what I've seen from another forum, the source from some guy called Sam Shipley (Twitter: ‏@samshipley5). I think it's a pretty shady source so there probably isn't too much truth to this :/
          No, it looks like Shipley said they were talking but @MySportsLegion (which looks shadier) gave the particulars.

Comment

LateBoomer wrote: View Post
            lol is that a joke?....reggie hamilton led the NCAA in scoring and he went undrafted...with your logic he would of been the number 1 pick

Come on man

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
              I haven't confirmed this rumor from anywhere but here. But, if it is true, I don't want it.

I like Iggy, seriously. But Jose is an expiring veteran point guard (who is actually pretty good), then you add DeMar and Ed (2 players I really don't see the Raptors are giving up on at least for 1 more season), it makes a pretty bad trade on our part. I admit that Iguodala is a very good player in his prime. But let's face it, by the time the Raptors reach their potential, Iggy would be on his way down.

I don't like the fact that he can't shoot, although he can do a lot of things. DeMar, to me, is still an enigma. He has so much potential & I really think he can improve next season. He will be more efficient because teams don't have to game plan to stop JUST him.

Right now, we have Lowry & Jose, a very good point guard tandem, who can start for most teams, a good rotation of young players (with an unproven Terrence Ross) and a good rotation of capable big men. I think we can net more from Jose come trade deadline & I just don't agree with the rationale of giving up 2 of our young players with potential for a veteran swing man who will be on the decline soon.
              +1

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                With Ross and Iggy on the wings, we're left with Lowry to do all the creating. That sort of offense is far too predictable for my liking.
                Iggy is a great creator and facilitator - probably one of the best SF's at it. He's averaged 5 assists per game in his career and acts as a point-forward a lot of the time

Though if Granger is attainable he is worth a look - he is more of a primary scoring option and can spread the floor with his 3pt shooting

Comment

Compare Adam Morrison's college stats Dwayne Wade's. College doesn't tell the whole story.

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                    Iggy is a great creator and facilitator - probably one of the best SF's at it. He's averaged 5 assists per game in his career and acts as a point-forward a lot of the time

Though if Granger is attainable he is worth a look - he is more of a primary scoring option and can spread the floor with his 3pt shooting
                    He's a good passer, but not necessarily a good creator. Calderon is also a good passer, but can't create anything in an ISO.

Comment

connected wrote: View Post

if granger is an option it be too funny mulling trade options on 2 SF who the raps passed on in the draft in order to pick complete duds in hoffa & graham LOL

Comment

geo wrote: View Post
                        lol is that a joke?....reggie hamilton led the NCAA in scoring and he went undrafted...with your logic he would of been the number 1 pick

Come on man
                        lrrelevant, man.
                        We are comparing the college stats of DD and TR.

Comment

lrrelevant, man.
                          that would be the only fair way so far to compair the 2 since Ross hasnt even laced his shoes up yet in the NBA

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Compare Adam Morrison's college stats Dwayne Wade's. College doesn't tell the whole story.
                            Of course.
                            But how then can you compare a rookie who has yet to play an NBA game and a vet?

Comment

lrrelevant, man.
                              no it is relevent because you are saying that TR has better stats that DD so he will become a better player. Im telling you that the guys who led the nation in scoring didnt get drafted so stats dont mean shit.

Comment

I think Nikola Vucevic is going to be a lot better than Ed Davis when it's all said and done. He might actually end up starting while JV acclimates himself to the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X