Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 292

Thread: Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

  1. #121
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    Hey why dont you learn to read you piece of sh*&.
    Easy on the insults. He has a difference of opinion, but there was no disrespect or hostility in his reply, so I see no need to take it so personally. Even then, the direct insult was uncalled for.

  2. #122
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LateBoomer wrote: View Post
    This is a trade that should happen.
    Some of you are simply being sentimental over Demar.
    We have now found a better replacement for him in Ross, so what's the problem?
    Ross hasn't proven anything yet. If Ross has proven that he is a better replacement for Demar, then sure trade him. But he hasn't yet, so I have to say no to trading Demar for Iggy.

  3. #123
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LateBoomer wrote: View Post
    Compare their college stats
    College stats don't really say much. NBA stats and NBA experience means more.

  4. #124
    Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Please dont do this BC! We drafted Demar, I feel it would be a damn shame to watch someone we have helped grow and cultivate (who not to mention actually wants to bgge here) for Iggy. I really hope this doesnt happen.

  5. #125
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LateBoomer wrote: View Post
    Philly actually loses on this trade-

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ku3zhv
    Psh. What the hell does the trade machine know? It's just a program that uses statistics to predict the outcome of the trade. It doesn't mean anything since there are so many factors that are not included in the program such as potential (Demar's future potential), future production (Iggy declining in the future), team synergy (Would Demar fit really well with the 76ers? Will Iggy fit well with our young Raptors team), etc. These trade machines only give you a projection of the trade from a stats standpoint and nothing else.

  6. #126
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    Hey why dont you learn to read you piece of sh*&.
    There's that hateful NoBan I've come to love. Told you it wouldn't last

  7. #127
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote your mom wrote: View Post
    Please dont do this BC! We drafted Demar, I feel it would be a damn shame to watch someone we have helped grow and cultivate (who not to mention actually wants to bgge here) for Iggy. I really hope this doesnt happen.
    Relax. This rumor is a bunch of bull!

  8. #128
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Demar will not be traded, BC loves his draft picks.

    Anyways our positions of expendable units comes in the form of PGs, and PFs.
    I imagine a much more likely scenario of grabbing Illyasova, while trading Amir and Bayless (Yes keeping Calderon!) for a back-up C similar to Vucevic (actually Id rather this scenario then Iguodala anyways)


    Lowry, Calderon
    Demar, Ross
    Illyasova, Fields, Kleiza
    Bargnani, Ed, Quincy
    Val, Vucevic

    Book it. This team Rocks. Deep like no team the Raptors have ever pulled out. (Remember starting Roko and Solomon?! LOL)
    Last edited by enlightenment; Thu Jul 5th, 2012 at 11:40 PM.

  9. #129
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Demar will not be traded, BC loves his draft picks.

    Anyways our positions of expendable units comes in the form of PGs, and PFs.
    I imagine a much more likely scenario of grabbing Illyasova, while trading Amir and Bayless (Yes keeping Calderon!) for a back-up C similar to Vucevic (actually Id rather this scenario then Iguodala anyways)
    I would argue that in addition to PF and PG, there is definitely an expendable player to be dealt at the wing position. We currently have DeRozan, Fields, Ross, Kleiza and JJ for 2 spots. There simply won't be enough minutes for 5 players; just four will be competing for starters minutes.

    If a deal is made for a legit, all-star caliber starting wing, then 2 of the current 5 could very well be dealt! I think JJ will be the first to go, and I think DeRozan could go simply to return fair value for an established veteran.

  10. #130
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Demar will not be traded, BC loves his draft picks.

    Anyways our positions of expendable units comes in the form of PGs, and PFs.
    I imagine a much more likely scenario of grabbing Illyasova, while trading Amir and Bayless (Yes keeping Calderon!) for a back-up C similar to Vucevic (actually Id rather this scenario then Iguodala anyways)


    Lowry, Calderon
    Demar, Ross
    Illyasova, Fields, Kleiza
    Bargnani, Ed, Quincy
    Val, Vucevic

    Book it. This team Rocks. Deep like no team the Raptors have ever pulled out. (Remember starting Roko and Solomon?! LOL)
    +1 this would be the ideal raptors team come October. I just hope Ilyasova would transition well to the 3 otherwise he would be a waste of money to come off the bench.

  11. #131
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I would argue that in addition to PF and PG, there is definitely an expendable player to be dealt at the wing position. We currently have DeRozan, Fields, Ross, Kleiza and JJ for 2 spots. There simply won't be enough minutes for 5 players; just four will be competing for starters minutes.

    If a deal is made for a legit, all-star caliber starting wing, then 2 of the current 5 could very well be dealt! I think JJ will be the first to go, and I think DeRozan could go simply to return fair value for an established veteran.
    Derozan is not expandable. The expandables are JJ and Kleiza. Which are not worth enough to be considered in any trade. (Maybe to round a trade off) I would rather keep them both (they are relatively cheap) in case of injuries, and to simply strengthen the depth of our wings.

  12. #132
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That or Rudy gay or granger while keeping Demar.

  13. #133
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    +1 this would be the ideal raptors team come October. I just hope Ilyasova would transition well to the 3 otherwise he would be a waste of money to come off the bench.
    He is a good enough shooter, and when he struggles we are bringing in Fields, who can succeed in situations that Ilyasova fails. Ilyasova can defend post-up SFs like Igoudala, but if Kevin Durant comes out hot, we have Fields who is our best defensive wing.

  14. #134
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cg7d6ua

    nice easy trade with phi, dal and us.

    also a question. with fields his cap hit is the average of the 3 years. if we extended jose for 4 years and 20 million(random number, easy on math) would that be 5 years 30 million with average cap of 6 million instead of 10 million next year?
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Fri Jul 6th, 2012 at 12:06 AM.

  15. #135
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Derozan is not expandable. The expandables are JJ and Kleiza. Which are not worth enough to be considered in any trade. (Maybe to round a trade off) I would rather keep them both (they are relatively cheap) in case of injuries, and to simply strengthen the depth of our wings.
    First, why would you rather keep 5 wings who won't all play, when none of them are all-star caliber starters, instead of trading 2 of them for an all-star?

    Second, you can't trade garbage for an all-star. You have to giveup some talent to get talent. I would say that DeRozan would be 4th on my list of which wing I would like to trade (Ross would be #5), but when the right deal presents itself, you have to be ready to make a sacrifice to get an even better, proven, veteran all-star.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jul 5th, 2012 at 11:56 PM.

  16. #136
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    with batum agreeing to his offer sheet tonight with the wolves, Brandon Roy agreeing to sign with the wolves, all thats left for them to do is sign Oden & there the minnesota trail blazers LOL.. maybe they'd be interested in Bayless SnT for Rubio LOL

    also here a link that will put this Iggy talk to rest at least for now..

    http://www.phillyburbs.com/sports/si...e27e1a847.html
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Fri Jul 6th, 2012 at 12:02 AM.

  17. #137
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    First, why would you rather keep 5 wings who won't all play, when none of them are all-star caliber starters, instead of trading 2 of them for an all-star?

    Second, you can't trade garbage for an all-star. You have to giveup some talent to get talent. I would say that DeRozan would be 4th on my list of which wing I would like to trade (Ross would be #5), but when the right deal presents itself, you have to be ready to make a sacrifice to get an even better, proven, veteran all-star.
    Yup I agree that garbage wont get us a star. I dont agree that any stars available right now are worth a Derozan though. If it was Rudy Gay we were talking about, then I would probably go ahead with it, but I dont see it being very likely now that OJ Mayo has been allowed to walk. On my list of most likely to be traded (or should be traded first):

    1.Kleiza
    2.Johnson
    3.Fields
    4.Ross
    5.Derozan

  18. #138
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    Hey why dont you learn to read you piece of sh*&.
    Fellas, this was a mock of blackjitz's over the top 'u can't read' rant. As for hate, go back and read the threads, you'll always find more insults directed at me than coming from me, I guarantee it.

  19. #139
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    Fellas, this was a mock of blackjitz's over the top 'u can't read' rant. As for hate, go back and read the threads, you'll always find more insults directed at me than coming from me, I guarantee it.
    i got your joke, but sarcasm doesn't come off on screen like when we speak.

  20. #140
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can Carl Landry play SF? We can have him in the low block on offense while Bargs plays higher up as the defacto SF on offense. Yet Landry can guard SFs during defense?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •