Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoBan wrote: View Post
    Hey why dont you learn to read you piece of sh*&.
    Easy on the insults. He has a difference of opinion, but there was no disrespect or hostility in his reply, so I see no need to take it so personally. Even then, the direct insult was uncalled for.

Comment

• LateBoomer wrote: View Post
      This is a trade that should happen.
      Some of you are simply being sentimental over Demar.
      We have now found a better replacement for him in Ross, so what's the problem?
      Ross hasn't proven anything yet. If Ross has proven that he is a better replacement for Demar, then sure trade him. But he hasn't yet, so I have to say no to trading Demar for Iggy.

Comment

Compare their college stats
        College stats don't really say much. NBA stats and NBA experience means more.

Comment

• Please dont do this BC! We drafted Demar, I feel it would be a damn shame to watch someone we have helped grow and cultivate (who not to mention actually wants to bgge here) for Iggy. I really hope this doesnt happen.

Comment

Philly actually loses on this trade-

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ku3zhv
            Psh. What the hell does the trade machine know? It's just a program that uses statistics to predict the outcome of the trade. It doesn't mean anything since there are so many factors that are not included in the program such as potential (Demar's future potential), future production (Iggy declining in the future), team synergy (Would Demar fit really well with the 76ers? Will Iggy fit well with our young Raptors team), etc. These trade machines only give you a projection of the trade from a stats standpoint and nothing else.

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
              Hey why dont you learn to read you piece of sh*&.
              There's that hateful NoBan I've come to love. Told you it wouldn't last

Comment

• your mom wrote: View Post
                Please dont do this BC! We drafted Demar, I feel it would be a damn shame to watch someone we have helped grow and cultivate (who not to mention actually wants to bgge here) for Iggy. I really hope this doesnt happen.
                Relax. This rumor is a bunch of bull!

Comment

• Demar will not be traded, BC loves his draft picks.

Anyways our positions of expendable units comes in the form of PGs, and PFs.
                  I imagine a much more likely scenario of grabbing Illyasova, while trading Amir and Bayless (Yes keeping Calderon!) for a back-up C similar to Vucevic (actually Id rather this scenario then Iguodala anyways)

Lowry, Calderon
                  Demar, Ross
                  Illyasova, Fields, Kleiza
                  Bargnani, Ed, Quincy
                  Val, Vucevic

Book it. This team Rocks. Deep like no team the Raptors have ever pulled out. (Remember starting Roko and Solomon?! LOL)
                  Last edited by enlightenment; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 11:40 PM.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Demar will not be traded, BC loves his draft picks.

I imagine a much more likely scenario of grabbing Illyasova, while trading Amir and Bayless (Yes keeping Calderon!) for a back-up C similar to Vucevic (actually Id rather this scenario then Iguodala anyways)
                    I would argue that in addition to PF and PG, there is definitely an expendable player to be dealt at the wing position. We currently have DeRozan, Fields, Ross, Kleiza and JJ for 2 spots. There simply won't be enough minutes for 5 players; just four will be competing for starters minutes.

If a deal is made for a legit, all-star caliber starting wing, then 2 of the current 5 could very well be dealt! I think JJ will be the first to go, and I think DeRozan could go simply to return fair value for an established veteran.

Comment

Demar will not be traded, BC loves his draft picks.

Lowry, Calderon
                      Demar, Ross
                      Illyasova, Fields, Kleiza
                      Bargnani, Ed, Quincy
                      Val, Vucevic

Book it. This team Rocks. Deep like no team the Raptors have ever pulled out. (Remember starting Roko and Solomon?! LOL)
                      +1 this would be the ideal raptors team come October. I just hope Ilyasova would transition well to the 3 otherwise he would be a waste of money to come off the bench.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        I would argue that in addition to PF and PG, there is definitely an expendable player to be dealt at the wing position. We currently have DeRozan, Fields, Ross, Kleiza and JJ for 2 spots. There simply won't be enough minutes for 5 players; just four will be competing for starters minutes.

If a deal is made for a legit, all-star caliber starting wing, then 2 of the current 5 could very well be dealt! I think JJ will be the first to go, and I think DeRozan could go simply to return fair value for an established veteran.
                        Derozan is not expandable. The expandables are JJ and Kleiza. Which are not worth enough to be considered in any trade. (Maybe to round a trade off) I would rather keep them both (they are relatively cheap) in case of injuries, and to simply strengthen the depth of our wings.

Comment

• That or Rudy gay or granger while keeping Demar.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                            +1 this would be the ideal raptors team come October. I just hope Ilyasova would transition well to the 3 otherwise he would be a waste of money to come off the bench.
                            He is a good enough shooter, and when he struggles we are bringing in Fields, who can succeed in situations that Ilyasova fails. Ilyasova can defend post-up SFs like Igoudala, but if Kevin Durant comes out hot, we have Fields who is our best defensive wing.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cg7d6ua

nice easy trade with phi, dal and us.

also a question. with fields his cap hit is the average of the 3 years. if we extended jose for 4 years and 20 million(random number, easy on math) would that be 5 years 30 million with average cap of 6 million instead of 10 million next year?
                              Last edited by Miekenstien; Fri Jul 6, 2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Derozan is not expandable. The expandables are JJ and Kleiza. Which are not worth enough to be considered in any trade. (Maybe to round a trade off) I would rather keep them both (they are relatively cheap) in case of injuries, and to simply strengthen the depth of our wings.
                                First, why would you rather keep 5 wings who won't all play, when none of them are all-star caliber starters, instead of trading 2 of them for an all-star?

Second, you can't trade garbage for an all-star. You have to giveup some talent to get talent. I would say that DeRozan would be 4th on my list of which wing I would like to trade (Ross would be #5), but when the right deal presents itself, you have to be ready to make a sacrifice to get an even better, proven, veteran all-star.
                                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X