Two separate trades and call if an offseason accomplishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two separate trades and call if an offseason accomplishment

1) Toronto trade Landry Fields + James Johnson + 2013 2nd round pick to the Warriors for Brandon Rush (sign and trade) + Dorrel Wright

2) Toronto trade Calderon + Ed Davis + TPE to Portland for Nicholas Batum (sign and trade) + Prizbilla

2012-13 Roster
    Lowry/Bayless/Uzoh
    DeRozan/Ross/Rush
    Batum/Wright/Kleiza
    Bargnani/Amir/Acy
    Val/Prizbilla/Magloire

Why No1) We are getting Rush either through trade or sign and trade, personally i like the latter but i really want to see BC going after Dorrel Wright. The Warriors have H.Barnes with R.Jefferson as a backup which makes Wright expendable, beside they will be acquiring Mayo so Rush will be on his way out. D.Wright had an intriguing year in 2010-2011 season or is it a fluke, i don't know but this season, he has regressed a little possibly due to injury and a shorter season. Brandon Rush can backup DeRozan while Ross develops his game

Why No2) We are getting Batum, we have to downplay Timberwolves' offer, I don't care what Batum says, he will play for the Raptors and maybe we can sign his buddy Tony Parker next year or draft (buy a pick) and draft his buddy Rudy Gobert (Center). We will also acquire Prizbilla, a veteran center who spreads the floor and plays defensive a lot better than Aaron Gray.

1. I don't think we can trade Landry Fields right after we have just signed him to a contract (Correct me if I'm wrong for I am not too knowledgeable about contract details). Anyways, we don't need Brandon Rush who is just another guard/forward. As for Wright, I like him, so wouldn't mind getting him.
    2. Batum IS NOT coming to Toronto. In order for a sign and trade to work, Batum has to agree to sign with Toronto first. He has clearly stated that he want to go to Minnesota, so since he gets to choose where he would like to sign, that possibility is completely out the window.

Nice try, but these trades have almost a 100% certainty that it will not happen at all.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 is correct, in that the Raps can't trade Fields for three months (assuming he actually gets signed first), other than in a trade by himself.

Also, the TPE has to be able to fully encompass a player's salary. For example, the Raps couldn't trade Kleiza ($4.6M) and the TPE (approx. $7M) for a player making $10M.

Batum in signing with Minnesota, or being matched by Portland. He is not available.

I've also read that Pryzbilla is considering retirement.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I've also read that Pryzbilla is considering retirement.
        That should make him desirable to the Tanking Nation fans!

Comment

Working...
        X