Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Grizzlies will meet with Weems

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Lido Deck
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    work it in for our signing of O.J Mayo

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    just let them sign him and everything is gravy
    @jerboat

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A piece of the Rudy Gay trade?

    lol

    I couldn't resist - sorry.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter Katman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wonder if Weems will get a poison pill contract? lol

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    A piece of the Rudy Gay trade?

    lol

    I couldn't resist - sorry.
    lol

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GoHuskies wrote: View Post
    work it in for our signing of O.J Mayo
    +1 I'd give up Demar too.

    btw, anyone know why OJ Mayo is not getting any more attention? Besides the Tony Allen fight, does he have a bad off-court personality? He was a very effective player in his first 2 seasons and even better in the playoffs in his third year. Though last year was rough.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DaveKim wrote: View Post
    +1 I'd give up Demar too.

    btw, anyone know why OJ Mayo is not getting any more attention? Besides the Tony Allen fight, does he have a bad off-court personality? He was a very effective player in his first 2 seasons and even better in the playoffs in his third year. Though last year was rough.
    His 18% fg and 9% 3pt shooting over the last 5 games of the LAC series certainly did not help his stock.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    A piece of the Rudy Gay trade?

    lol

    I couldn't resist - sorry.
    You beat me to it
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't believe Weems can be used in a S&T. He didn't play for the Raps last year, so will be unqualified for a S&T. This was why Wilson Chandler was unavailable in a S&T with the Raps last year when he came back.

    If a team is interested in Weems, the most we get out of it is that team will be in a holding pattern for 3 days while we consider matching the contract.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    anyone know what his qualifying offer is worth? is it the same as his minimum contract would be if we renounced him? the only logic I can think to the qualifying offer, other than making another team wait 3 days, is that it might mean a team may also have to commit slightly more money to him....???

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I don't believe Weems can be used in a S&T. He didn't play for the Raps last year, so will be unqualified for a S&T. This was why Wilson Chandler was unavailable in a S&T with the Raps last year when he came back.

    If a team is interested in Weems, the most we get out of it is that team will be in a holding pattern for 3 days while we consider matching the contract.
    Dammit you are right!

    I keep forgetting that. I don't know why.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    @jerboat

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Dammit you are right!

    I keep forgetting that. I don't know why.
    Yeah forgot that too...well if they want him they can have him and maybe build some goodwill towards doing a S&T for O.J Mayo for JJ , cash and a 2nd rounder???

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Lido Deck
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DaveKim wrote: View Post
    +1 I'd give up Demar too.
    NCAA watcher will know that they were back to back USC scoring studs before going in consecutive lotteries.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie chrischris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I don't believe Weems can be used in a S&T. He didn't play for the Raps last year, so will be unqualified for a S&T.
    I keep hearing people say this...but didnt we do a S&T with Delfino? http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4404309
    "The Raptors retained Delfino's rights while he played in Russia last season, giving them the ability to sign-and-trade"

  17. #17
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote chrischris wrote: View Post
    I keep hearing people say this...but didnt we do a S&T with Delfino? http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4404309
    "The Raptors retained Delfino's rights while he played in Russia last season, giving them the ability to sign-and-trade"
    That was under the old CBA. This clause that prevents Toronto from S&T-ing Weems is part of the new CBA that was just signed before the start of the past season.

    It impacts guys like Weems (Tor), Kirilenko (Utah), Brooks (Pho), Green (Boston), etc...

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Rookie chrischris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks for clarifying...I didnt read the new agreement :P

  19. #19
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote chrischris wrote: View Post
    Thanks for clarifying...I didnt read the new agreement :P
    Me neither. lol I just read 2 Larry Coon chats

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Katman wrote: View Post
    I wonder if Weems will get a poison pill contract? lol
    Weems gets a contract.

    Memphis get the poison pill.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •