Jerryd Bayless Unrestricted Free Agent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I'm still surprised people don't see ANY value in Bayless and what he has shown capable of doingl; considering how young he still is and the skill set he possesses.

The guy has proven that if given the chance to run a club, he will produce.

I actually disagree with this. A little bit.

It SHOULD matter whether or not Players want to actually be a part of your team. Shouldn't it?
    I suppose you're right. It should matter at some point, but it doesn't trump his abilities on the court. It's much lower on the priority list than his skill as a basketball player.

Bayless "produced" respectable numbers when given heavy minutes, but it was meaningless production (IMO, of course). Very little flow to the offense, poor shot selection, using PNRs as a green light to shoot long twos, driving in traffic out of control, etc. And it certainly didn't make any difference in the W-L column.

I see much more Mike James than Chauncy Billups.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Sat Jul 7, 2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...r-luke-ridnour
      Has this been posted yet?
      Speculation James Johnson could be traded for Luke Ridnour.
      Would have to mean we would drop Calderon as well. Would Luke even be a good fit? Would make for a pretty solid bench, though.

Comment

Meh, it's Bleacher Report....better known as some grade school kid's homework assignment. Not trust worthy under any circumstances.

Comment

I know it's not too trustworthy, but it's an interesting thought in regards to a Bayless replacement.
          I'm more interested in the thought of a JJ trade. When I first heard about Landry Fields being signed, it made me think about his position. If DD or Landry takes the 3 spot, would we even keep him? I know Casey likes him, but in terms of this style shift how likely is it he would see big game time?

Comment

I think it's all but a certainty that JJ is moved at some point this summer.

As for Ridnour, I like his game as a backup PG. He's a scrappy, high energy player (although he needs to work on his shot selection too). If Calderon and Bayless are gone, I like Ridnour's fit here.

Comment

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
              Aaron Gray has agreed to a multi-year agreement to return to Toronto, league source tells Y! Sports.

At least Gray is coming back!
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

swingman wrote: View Post
                http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...r-luke-ridnour
                Has this been posted yet?
                Speculation James Johnson could be traded for Luke Ridnour.
                Would have to mean we would drop Calderon as well. Would Luke even be a good fit? Would make for a pretty solid bench, though.
                Bleacherreport is less reliable than Sam Shipley. That being said I don't like this trade either way. I think pg is no longer our issue and we should focus on obtaining small forwards not giving them away.

Comment

I was "afraid" we would sign Bayless to an expensive contract. After withdrawing the q.o. he might be gone, but depending on other moves, I assume this majesteit it possible to re-sign Bayless for a more reasonable salary.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    I was "afraid" we would sign Bayless to an expensive contract. After withdrawing the q.o. he might be gone, but depending on other moves, I assume this majesteit it possible to re-sign Bayless for a more reasonable salary.
                    Ha! Damn spellchecker. Some of the weirdest crap come out of that thing. I swear some programmer kid is laughing all the way to the bank on the damn thing.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                      Ha! Damn spellchecker. Some of the weirdest crap come out of that thing. I swear some programmer kid is laughing all the way to the bank on the damn thing.
                      Ha, Yes! It was the autocorrect on my phone Sometimes I don't notice it and Dutch words infiltrate my posts or messages...

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        Ha, Yes! It was the autocorrect on my phone Sometimes I don't notice it and Dutch words infiltrate my posts or messages...
                        Yes. My phone always wants to change Bargnani to Bargain. While his contract is decent I am not his biggest fan. Apparently my phone is.

Comment

Just saw the synergy video on Lowry in p&r scenarios. Made me realize how essential it is to hold on to Calderon, rather than Bayless. I actually do like Bayless as a player, and part of me thinks he's gonna pull a Chauncy on us, but at the same time, Lowry and Calderon will complement each other really well.

Bayless and Lowry would have made for some reeally frustrated wings.

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                            Just saw the synergy video on Lowry in p&r scenarios. Made me realize how essential it is to hold on to Calderon, rather than Bayless. I actually do like Bayless as a player, and part of me thinks he's gonna pull a Chauncy on us, but at the same time, Lowry and Calderon will complement each other really well.

Bayless and Lowry would have made for some reeally frustrated wings.

I did not like that video slice either re the p&r. However, amidst his full body of work (5 seasons) are there no decent and successful p&r plays with his bigs? We dont even know the parameters used to select that one hour body of video used to provide that segment. I certainly hope he is better at it!!

Draftexpress has a scouting report of him circa 2010 I believe which commends him on that capability.

And from a Espn analyst interview which speaks in more general terms does not mention it as a failing:

1. What is different for the Rockets under Kevin McHale?

Hut: Terrence Williams is getting a chance but the biggest difference is the result of Chuck Hayes' departure. Without Hayes' passing, the Rockets aren't initiating their offense as much from the high post and instead are running a more traditional guard-facilitated offense. The outcome is Kyle Lowry's sparkling statistics.

2. Kyle Lowry has been great in the early going. Where does he fit in on the list of high-end NBA point guards?

Hut: Behind Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose and Rajon Rondo for sure. After that, I put him in the mix with anybody. The assist numbers speak for themselves, but beyond that, he defends and rebounds as well as any guard. Lowry's only major weakness is that he can't really create much for himself off the dribble in the way someone like Rose can. Because of that, his upside is capped from true elite status.
                            http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...ith-red94#more

Comment

keep in mind the bigs he's played with in Houston
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Don't get me wrong; I have no qualms with Lowry as a player. Not only are his assit statistics fairly reassuring (in lieu of the synergy video), but one thing I really picked up on watching the video was how absolutely HORRIBLE the picks were that he was getting.

Sure, Dalembert can block some shots and throw down the odd alley-oop, but one thing he cannot do is set a good screen. Holy crap, there were times where it actually looked like he turned to let Lowry's defender by without contact. I can just hear him saying "Oh please, go ahead -- after you!" as Lowry tries dribble around essentially a double team, with Dalembert hovering somewhere between popping and rolling.

Valanciunas' ability to roll like a champ, and Gray's ability to be a brick wall should definitely help Lowry in the P&R next season. Still though, I think Calderon and Lowry not only make a great PG combo, but also potentially mesh really well with different units. E.g. I can see Amir and Valanciunas really benefiting from having Calderon running the second unit. And I can likewise see guys like Gray, Derozan, and Fields benefiting from Lowry's ability to attack and score the ball

Comment

Working...
                                X