Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Gray Resigned

Just saw this from Wojnarowski

Adrian Wojnarowski: Gray will sign a two-year agreement with the Raptors, source says.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...78800382447618

Hope it's official soon!

Sweet! thanks for the update

Comment

Lol just about to post this. MVP!!!

Comment

Good resign, Gray is a solid back-up C.

Comment

Gray, statistically was one of the worst players in the NBA last year according to 82games.com mostly due to his propensity to foul. http://www.82games.com/1112/11TOR17.HTM
          There's a reason he was available last year and again this year. A 2 year contract for someone like that is a mistake.

Comment

are u kidding me? cant the raps do better than gray? WTF!!! His contract better be dirt cheap cus there are better FA centers out there.

Comment

Haters. Aaron Gray is MVP
              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

you guys are kidding yourselves calling gray a "backup center" he is 5th big off the bench. bigv, bargs, ed, and amir are all above him in the depth chart. he fights with the big cat for garbage minutes and either one of them can foul out being big on howard and bynum. this is a good signing and i doubt it is for much money

Comment

G-locity wrote: View Post
                  are u kidding me? cant the raps do better than gray? WTF!!! His contract better be dirt cheap cus there are better FA centers out there.
                  Which free agent C more effectively fill a backup role without expecting more than part-time minutes? Even if there are better free agents, they have to want to come here. Guys like Camby want to play for contenders in their twilight years, not come to a rebuilding team like Toronto. I like Gary re-signing, as an ideal compliment to Valanciunas.

Comment

Haters! Aaron Gray was our starting center last year and Gray will be our starter next year for at least a month or two until Casey is comfortable with Val starting. He's a solid backup center in the NBA who will rebound and doesn't foul out. As long as it's a cheap contract, I would love Gray back as a backup to Val.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      you guys are kidding yourselves calling gray a "backup center" he is 5th big off the bench. bigv, bargs, ed, and amir are all above him in the depth chart. he fights with the big cat for garbage minutes and either one of them can foul out being big on howard and bynum. this is a good signing and i doubt it is for much money
                      He's an ideal backup 'traditional' C, to play whenever there's a matchup issue against other traditional C (tall/big/heavy/strong) for Amir/Davis/Kleiza/JJ/Acy on the 2nd unit. He knows his role and knows he might play 5 mins per game for a few games straight, then be asked to come in an play 10-15 due to matchups.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        He's an ideal backup 'traditional' C, to play whenever there's a matchup issue against other traditional C (tall/big/heavy/strong) for Amir/Davis/Kleiza/JJ/Acy on the 2nd unit. He knows his role and knows he might play 5 mins per game for a few games straight, then be asked to come in an play 10-15 due to matchups.
                        exactly. but some people on here write "backup" and think he is first off the bench. he knows his role and plays it.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          exactly. but some people on here write "backup" and think he is first off the bench. he knows his role and plays it.
                          I suppose that positionally he's the 2nd C, but he's probably in the 9-11 range for minutes played. I think that speaks to the flexibility BC likes, especially on the 2nd unit - basically have 6 players for 5 spots: pure C (Gray), C/PF (Amir/Davis), PF (Acy), PF/SF (Kleiza), SG (Ross), PG (Calderon). Depending on matchups and whether they want a bigger lineup or smaller lineup, they have lots of versatility.

Comment

Wheres Rasho when you need him?
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Perfect

He is perfect for the job - cone in and push hard on the other team's big, foul him 5 times and tire him out so our small bigs can survive. 82games is missing the point if he is a weaker player because he fouls. That's like calling your goon a bad player because he gets in fights!

Comment

Working...
                              X