Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: THE BIG DAY JULY 11 ( Trades and Free agent signing)

mcsemcp73

Default THE BIG DAY JULY 11 ( Trades and Free agent signing)

Do you think BC will have one more big trade and free agents?

Raptors Republic Rookie G-locity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

who knows, all this silence could just be a smokes screen or nobody wants to come here or worst, he's done trying

Post Thanks / Like

i think he's going to try and swing for a double to put the team in scoring position if you catch my drift
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i think he's going to try and swing for a double to put the team in scoring position if you catch my drift
    he already submitted the offer sheet to Landry Fields

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    He must be looking to trade calderon, and get one more solid wing player + a back up PG.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

You'd be hard pressed to convince me that Colangelo is seriously intending to bring back Jose as a full-time substitute when he's been a consummate professional and he's in a contract year where he needs to be in a situation where he can play to the best of his abilities. And Lord knows Lowry's getting his starter minutes, thats the whole reason we got him and he's already got the coach on his side. I think Colangelo trades Calderon and his expiring $10M contract to a playoff team in need of a facilitator and future cap relief in exchange for either veteran talent or future picks and cash. We could use a veteran big to start in place of Jonas for a while, and also another backup PG if Calderon leaves.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Trading Jose and ED IMO would be the most logical decision, of course if we get a solid 3

Raptors Republic Rookie G-locity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to sound like a non believer but most of us are not thinking or expecting for another BIG move but it really starting to sound like DESPERATELY HOPING for one. If it happens..GREAT, if not.. those of you who are hoping too much will feel it more..Dont get me wrong, i do want the raps to win, just dont wana keep my hopes up when it comes to BC and his motives at this piont.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt be so quick to trade Calderon. Him and Lowry will be a awesome PG combo in the Eastern Conference. Plus who would back up Lowry if Jose is gone? Tru Holliday or Ben Uzoh, plz no.

and if Jose got traded and Lowry got hurt? Who would run the point then? some D-Leugue dude, playoff hopes flushed....

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is the back up PG for NASH ? CALDERON ? what comes back in return ?

I really believe thar JOSE will be part of a BLOCK BUSTER trade which will include D....... HOWARD :0))

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If Jose was going to have a big role in this team BC wouldn't have laid it all on the line for Nash, and then continued to pursue Lowry and Dragic afterwards. Jose's trade value could net a capable backup PG and another talent also. Looks to me like Jose's as good as gone.

Raptors Republic Rookie meductic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
    If Jose was going to have a big role in this team BC wouldn't have laid it all on the line for Nash, and then continued to pursue Lowry and Dragic afterwards. Jose's trade value could net a capable backup PG and another talent also. Looks to me like Jose's as good as gone.
    Is Jose being shopped? Does Bayliss' house have a "For Sale" sign on it?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps have a lot of transactions to finalize. Too many needing certain order to complete could cause it all to fail. Personally I expect something else to come. JJ will be gone at the very least.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see a blockbuster worked for Rudy Gay, but my gut tells me that BC is targeting Iguodala. Several of Toronto's tradeable assets would seem to matchup quite well with Philly's needs - backup PF (Amir/Davis) and/or SF (JJ) and backup PG (Calderon/Bayless).

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Would philly want to trade in their conference ? I guest so VC went to the nets..., lol

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

no Iggy. Stick with what we have unless we're trading for a C to hold place for JV

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I would love to see a blockbuster worked for Rudy Gay, but my gut tells me that BC is targeting Iguodala. Several of Toronto's tradeable assets would seem to matchup quite well with Philly's needs - backup PF (Amir/Davis) and/or SF (JJ) and backup PG (Calderon/Bayless).
    I love and share your love for Rudy Gay as a Raptor

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Raps have a lot of transactions to finalize. Too many needing certain order to complete could cause it all to fail. Personally I expect something else to come. JJ will be gone at the very least.
    I watched an interview with BC following the four team sign and trade to land Turkaglu in which he was lauded for his ability to get the deal done. What I remember most was his statement to the effect that the easiest way to follow the deal was to know that all of it was accomplished simultaneously ( the teams threw into the middle of the table what they were giving and then took out what they were receiving). July 11 may not be the same set of circumstances, but perhaps the transactions will be accomplished without a chronological order.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I agree with this. Iggy may be on our radar.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jbml wrote: View Post
    I watched an interview with BC following the four team sign and trade to land Turkaglu in which he was lauded for his ability to get the deal done. What I remember most was his statement to the effect that the easiest way to follow the deal was to know that all of it was accomplished simultaneously ( the teams threw into the middle of the table what they were giving and then took out what they were receiving). July 11 may not be the same set of circumstances, but perhaps the transactions will be accomplished without a chronological order.

When it comes to signing Fields, they are going to have to renounce some exceptions and possibly players. My thinking is the Raptors are going to want to keep as many assets as possible. To keep as many assets as possible (namely MLE) a chronological order will be necessary - I think.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information