Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever get the feeling there’s an NBA going on and we’re just not part of it?

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Like if you can put up shit trades like that why can't you put up "Lowry gets traded to Toronto for a 1st round pick and Gary forbes" seriously its not that hard.
    Has the trade even officially gone through yet?

NBA.com might write something small about an agreement but they're not a website like espn, or yahoo, they're not just going to keep talking about something that might happen until it's official.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No trades can officially go through until July 11th.

So NoProps' question is a valid one. How does NBA.com decide which "proposed" deal to report on?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

David Aldridge sometimes speaks highly of Toronto, and he reports for NBA.com. The NBA is all over NO because they landed a marquee draft pick. If NO got the 4th pick in this years draft, the Ryan Anderson trade would not have been mentioned until the 11th.

NBA.com wants to market its league and its players. The brow and ultimately NO is being marketed heavily because it makes sense to the league. Remember the hoopla over Griffin in the dunk contest 2 years ago? Lowry is not in the same league as these guys, and unfortunately no one on the Raps is. That is part of the reason why I wanted Nash on our team so badly.

Hopefully we'll get a big time talent to play for Toronto one day. If not a talented player, then hopefully Casey can turn our team into gold so he can get the recognition he deserves.

Post Thanks / Like

Do the Raptors deserve to be mentioned?

How much attention to the Kings, Bobcats, or Warriors get?

When the Raptors do something on the court - or have a top rookie like Irving in Cleveland - the Raptors will get attention.

It use to be in the world, you have to work and succeed to reap the benefits.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you ever get the feeling there’s an NBA going on and we’re just not part of it?

No! I dont get that feeling. Its all business for the NBA, for individual Team, for each player to each mgmt and owners.
    Its all business.

Recall - when life was awsome and we had Vince, McGrady we were the $$$ in the league and even after McGrady.
    We were the centre...From NBC to ALL STAR to CNN to ESPN....we had the product and NBA loved our appeal as the CITY. We wouldve attracted top players had MGMT played the cards right and further developed the team.

Everyone loved the HYPE of the RAPTORS, VINCE etc.....Today thats MAMI, LAKER etc..

No harsh feelings...its about the John A. Macdonalds and the Benjimens.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The atlantic division is getting real dangerous.....

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Danger zone

Quote Father rev wrote: View Post
    The atlantic division is getting real dangerous.....

With Landry Field and his GF on the RAPTORS...we are the DANGER ZONE.

OH YEAAAAAH.

I'm Russel Oliver, and I buy your jewelrey...OH YEAAAAH

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
    With Landry Field and his GF on the RAPTORS...we are the DANGER ZONE.

OH YEAAAAAH.

I'm Russel Oliver, and I buy your jewelrey...OH YEAAAAH
    Lmao i used to love that commercial.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Brooklyn can really come in here and win our atlantic title can they ?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If they cant beat the HEAT ....they got nothing

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I love watching Raptors on Punjabi Commentary....itotally priceless...beats Russell Oliver....

LOL

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the feeling

But 1 playoff win in 17 years.....It doesn't matter if we were fielding a team of robots to play this year, we still wouldn't deserve the publicity

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we're marginalized by the media. We're marginalized because we're not owned by a billionaire. I don't have an inferiority complex but I'm not going to sit here and say that this team is the first (or even top 3) place players look at when they're a free agent. Winning will help, but look at the Knicks. They do not have that good of a team there but they've managed to attract some big names.

And honestly, that's fine with me. We don't need to be that kind of team. I don't think we'll ever be a franchise that will have the means to sign 2-3 stars overnight like some of these other teams (Miami, New York, Brooklyn, LA (both of them), etc). But that doesn't mean it's not possible to build a great team. The Oklahoma Thunder are by no means are big market team either, and they have a great nucleus of players. Indiana isn't a massive media market either, but they've built a strong lineup.

There won't be any get-rich-quick schemes happening with the Raptors but that doesn't mean we'll never have a great team.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A we big

You all do understand that all our sports teams - NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS are owned by the same Group of Companies.
    Is there any other City in N.A. that has this same ownership coup.

This is the major reason why all the teams suck...because they have no motivation to win big...rather just make stable income. Even the Cable and Telephone, Internet is owned by the same group...so you have know choice menu.

This does us no good. You need another entity to come and an drop another team .....

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

We sort of went down from 10th from year before to #12 in value wise...but thats pretty damn decent.
    shows you how much they make.

#12 Toronto RaptorsCurrent value: $382 million
    1-year change: -4%
    Operating income: $7.4 milli

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
    I love watching Raptors on Punjabi Commentary....itotally priceless...beats Russell Oliver....

LOL
    Like this?

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Snubbed by Allen and Terry, and unable to get an audience with several other established players, the Grizzlies' road in free agency has narrowed with guards Willie Green, Jodie Meeks and Jordan Farmar now in their sights, according to sources. The Griz are said to also have interest in guards Sonny Weems and Jerryd Bayless. Russian point guard Alexey Shved was off the Grizzlies' radar as of Monday with a source close to the situation insisting that a deal wouldn't get done. Memphis Commercial Appeal
    Hoopshype.com

They Grizz are a much better team than the raps and a much more promising one as well, yet not only are they getting snubbed by FA's they now have interest in a couple of Raptor throw-aways. I don't think we are much different from a lot of other teams, and when we win, the NBA takes notice. Unfortunately, we haven't been doing enough of it lately.

When we are in the playoffs year in and year out, and still not getting a lot of NBA love than we can cry foul. Until then we need to not take it personally and just work harder.

Ok, us working harder isn't going to do much, but hopefully the organization sees it the same way, winning solves a lot of problems.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    Like this?

Thats awsome, thanks dude....lol

The Raptors should do what no other NBA team has done yet....which is to exploit its Canadian Indian Fans and setup shop in India...you have 1 Billion possible customers....You go Global and your the next Manchester United even if you suck....

If your own market isnt big enough....you exploit foreign markets. nobody has done this...and it can work.
    Raptor Fan HQ in India,

$$$...very little down side....

Post Thanks / Like

NBA to play first-ever preseason games in Canada
    By Official release
    Posted Jul 10 2012 1:23PM

TORONTO -- The National Basketball Association (NBA) will hold the first-ever NBA Canada Series this October with NBA teams playing preseason games in Montreal and Winnipeg. The Toronto Raptors and New York Knicks will play at the Bell Centre on Oct. 19, and the Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons will play at the MTS Centre on Oct. 24.

NBA Canada Series marks the first time games are being held in the country as part of the league's marquee international preseason schedule, which has historically included NBA China Games, NBA Europe Live and the NBA Mexico Game.

"NBA Canada Series demonstrates the NBA's commitment to grow basketball in Canada and bring more live games and events to our growing fan base in the country," said Dan MacKenzie, Vice President and General Manager, NBA Canada. "The inaugural event will bring fans in the provinces of Quebec and Manitoba closer to the game and showcase the dedication of our players on and off the court."

2012 NBA Canada Series:

New York Knicks vs. Toronto Raptors Oct. 19 Montreal Bell Centre
    Detroit Pistons vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Oct. 24 Winnepeg MTS Centre
    Well there you have it! They didn't forget us!!
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. That’s nice." Terrence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Well there you have it! They didn't forget us!!
    Weren't there pre-season games played in Vancouver and Montreal 2 years ago (when Kleiza tore it up and Reggie pulled down board after board after board)? I don't think this report is accurate, because it's not the first ever preseason game in Canada...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information