Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross officially signed

From TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=400321

TORONTO -- The Toronto Raptors signed their first-round draft pick Terrence Ross, the club announced Tuesday.

The guard from University of Washington signed a rookie two-year contract, with two team option years to follow.

The six-foot-seven, 197-pound Ross was selected by Toronto with the eighth overall pick in this year's draft. He averaged 16.4 points and 6.4 rebounds in his second and final season with the Huskies.

The Raptors open their five-game NBA Summer League schedule on the campus of the University of Nevada-Las Vegas on Friday against the Houston Rockets.

Good start.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Welcome aboard - officially - TR31!

Comment

Why did it take so long? And what about Quincy Acy?

Is there a deadline to sign our draftees. I know tomorrow we can officially get Kyle Lowry and landry fields. Though do those go through right away or do we have to wait and see

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post

Is there a deadline to sign our draftees. I know tomorrow we can officially get Kyle Lowry and landry fields. Though do those go through right away or do we have to wait and see
          Nothing has been said about the signing of Acy yet, but apparently his number is the infamous number 4. Forget CB4... We have QA4

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post

Acy doesn't matter much as a 2nd round pick - harsh but true.

JV is the one I have been thinking about but since he is not playing for the Raps yet it makes no sense to sign him. If something happens that I would not even want to type here, then the Raptors are not on the hook for his deal. Also, he is a cap hold so the Raps can use his $2.812M in salary cap space to make room for a trade - trade only, no free agency.

Ross was signed because he is now practicing for and will be playing on Friday in summer league. If there was no contract in place, he would not be playing - obviously - due to the risks.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
              Nothing has been said about the signing of Acy yet, but apparently his number is the infamous number 4. Forget CB4... We have QA4
              He sounds like an Audi concept car.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Ross in action. Any word yet on who else will be on the Raps' summer league squad? Uzoh or Anderson?

Comment

Working...
                X