Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bayless A Grizzly

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Going to miss him.

It's probably for the best he not have to deal with the undue Hatred from Raptors fans.

Some will find a reason or two to Boo him I'm sure, everytime he comes back to ACC tho .. just like every other EX Raptor.
    Which is a shame.
    While I was not a fan of his, anyone who boo's Bayless is a giant tit.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Agreed. Jerryd should not be booed

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to see you go JB.

But things have gotten a little crowded here, your career may be better advanced in Memphis. Best of luck

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Agreed. Jerryd should not be booed
    +1. If anything, I think he deserves a small ovation his first time back. Class act, was loyal to the team to the end, and seems to have really like the city. Wish him all the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BCsMaBoi wrote: View Post
    Did Ben Uzoh show enough last year to hold down the spot as the third point guard on the roster?
    I'd rather have Uzoh than Marcus Banks, if that provides some context.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to miss him.

It's probably for the best he not have to deal with the undue Hatred from Raptors fans.

Some will find a reason or two to Boo him I'm sure, everytime he comes back to ACC tho .. just like every other EX Raptor.
    Which is a shame.
    I don't think he'll be booed. That's usually reserved for players who choose to leave.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Very disappointed to see Bayless leave as he was one of the players on the roster that still had potential to be a very good player while still producing in the present. Everyone was quick to jump on him being a chucker and no question he was overly aggressive but the kid can play. Goran got a huge contract this summer and his numbers as a starter where very close to the numbers Bayless put up when in the same situation. Only issue I has with Bayless was when he was looking over his shoulder after a mistake cause he knew he was on a short leash. When he knew he was going to get steady minutes the kid played really well. Great attitude, always brought it on the court, battled injuries, embraced the city and toughest part about him signing with the Grizzlies is you know it's a cheap contract. We need bargain contracts and one just slipped through BC's hands...

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to miss him.

Which is a shame.
    He's probably going to end up in the same mold with the Griz as when he was with the Raps, since Memphis has a pass first PG in Conley and really no concrete starter in the SG spot.

I think it's a bad move for him since he's probably not going to end up playing minutes that he really wanted, but he's only 23 so there should be plenty of time for his agent to get him a starting gig someday.

IMO, and i'm probably the only one here, i wouldve preferred keeping him over Jose, because of the age factor, and the aggressiveness that he brings to the game. He's a game changer and can put points on board pretty quick, good defender and does not shy away from taking big shots.

Hopefully, he doesnt burn the Raps for 30-40pts the next time he's in town, hehehe

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna miss him. The only raptor in recent memory to really enjoy his time in Toronto and expressed his desire to play here long term. Its hard to let players like these go; such a rarity in the nba.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We will only play them once at home, so there's no guarantee we'll see Bayless because:
    (a) He might be injured, because that's what he does
    (b) If the game is later in the season, he might be 3rd in the depth chart and get only garbage time
    (c) DNP-CD
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    He's probably going to end up in the same mold with the Griz as when he was with the Raps, since Memphis has a pass first PG in Conley and really no concrete starter in the SG spot.

I think it's a bad move for him since he's probably not going to end up playing minutes that he really wanted, but he's only 23 so there should be plenty of time for his agent to get him a starting gig someday.

IMO, and i'm probably the only one here, i wouldve preferred keeping him over Jose, because of the age factor, and the aggressiveness that he brings to the game. He's a game changer and can put points on board pretty quick, good defender and does not shy away from taking big shots.

Hopefully, he doesnt burn the Raps for 30-40pts the next time he's in town, hehehe
    Not the only one as I'm in agreement. Bayless on a cheap deal is perfect for the backup role. Jose at 10.5 is too much for him as a starter let alone a 12-20 min backup. Bayless would play with Lowry at the same time to get his minutes up... Jose at the 2 spot no chance. Jose's expiring would be perfect for a deal like Deng or Iggy and both player seem to be available if packaged with a prospect like Ed Davis or Demar. Now if a deal like this goes through we don't have a sure thing in Bayless instead a question mark. Not pleased at all as the risk was so minimal of resigning him and he still has tons of upside.

mcsemcp73

I'm so happy he is gone; he was a clown.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still holding out hope that Colangelo signs Machado.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I don't think he'll be booed. That's usually reserved for players who choose to leave.
    .... who choose to leave in a negative manner.

Many who have left have been cheered - and deservedly so.

Bad mouthing the city, ignorant or whiney complaints, or causing the franchise harm are all deserved reasons to boo in my petty opinion.

Raptors Republic Starter Katman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaving the most lucrative offer on the table and playing for some one else works for me too.

Which doesn't apply to Bayless in this case. Good for him, I like that he was able to move on somewhere else.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm still holding out hope that Colangelo signs Machado.
    Would be sweet!
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Yeh, he played hard - loved the city, and left because we didn't have interest ... total class act.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ronald Tillery: Source confirms @ESPNSteinline report. Griz agree to sign Jerryd Bayless to contract that starts at $3 million. CA story coming... Twitter

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Yeh, he played hard - loved the city, and left because we didn't have interest ... total class act.
    I'll hold off on the "class act" for now. We havent heard him give an interview yet. And gathering from his end of season interview with the media, he seemed pretty convinced that he was going to come back as a Raptor.

I dont think he'll say anything to ruin his rep, but he might have some choice words since we know how passionate he is when it comes to his team.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to miss him.
    I am neutral as I thought he was an adequate backup PG. I would have liked him to sign a $7-8M 3 year extension with the Raptors (or sign with the Cavaliers for that amount).

I am hoping the Raptors keep Calderon or find a decent backup point guard because the thought of Ben Uzoh being the primary backup is kind of nauseating.

Thread Information