Bayless A Grizzly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    He's probably going to end up in the same mold with the Griz as when he was with the Raps, since Memphis has a pass first PG in Conley and really no concrete starter in the SG spot.

I think it's a bad move for him since he's probably not going to end up playing minutes that he really wanted, but he's only 23 so there should be plenty of time for his agent to get him a starting gig someday.

IMO, and i'm probably the only one here, i wouldve preferred keeping him over Jose, because of the age factor, and the aggressiveness that he brings to the game. He's a game changer and can put points on board pretty quick, good defender and does not shy away from taking big shots.

Hopefully, he doesnt burn the Raps for 30-40pts the next time he's in town, hehehe
    Not the only one as I'm in agreement. Bayless on a cheap deal is perfect for the backup role. Jose at 10.5 is too much for him as a starter let alone a 12-20 min backup. Bayless would play with Lowry at the same time to get his minutes up... Jose at the 2 spot no chance. Jose's expiring would be perfect for a deal like Deng or Iggy and both player seem to be available if packaged with a prospect like Ed Davis or Demar. Now if a deal like this goes through we don't have a sure thing in Bayless instead a question mark. Not pleased at all as the risk was so minimal of resigning him and he still has tons of upside.

Comment

I'm so happy he is gone; he was a clown.

Comment

I'm still holding out hope that Colangelo signs Machado.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I don't think he'll be booed. That's usually reserved for players who choose to leave.
          .... who choose to leave in a negative manner.

Many who have left have been cheered - and deservedly so.

Bad mouthing the city, ignorant or whiney complaints, or causing the franchise harm are all deserved reasons to boo in my petty opinion.

Comment

Leaving the most lucrative offer on the table and playing for some one else works for me too.

Which doesn't apply to Bayless in this case. Good for him, I like that he was able to move on somewhere else.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I'm still holding out hope that Colangelo signs Machado.
              Would be sweet!
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                While I was not a fan of his, anyone who boo's Bayless is a giant tit.
                Yeh, he played hard - loved the city, and left because we didn't have interest ... total class act.
                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Ronald Tillery: Source confirms @ESPNSteinline report. Griz agree to sign Jerryd Bayless to contract that starts at $3 million. CA story coming... Twitter

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                    Yeh, he played hard - loved the city, and left because we didn't have interest ... total class act.
                    I'll hold off on the "class act" for now. We havent heard him give an interview yet. And gathering from his end of season interview with the media, he seemed pretty convinced that he was going to come back as a Raptor.

I dont think he'll say anything to ruin his rep, but he might have some choice words since we know how passionate he is when it comes to his team.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Going to miss him.
                      I am neutral as I thought he was an adequate backup PG. I would have liked him to sign a $7-8M 3 year extension with the Raptors (or sign with the Cavaliers for that amount).

I am hoping the Raptors keep Calderon or find a decent backup point guard because the thought of Ben Uzoh being the primary backup is kind of nauseating.

Comment

Calderon would be way better at backup PG than Bayless. Not saying that Lowry isn't going to be a great passer, but it's good to have contrast with a 2nd PG who will involve teammates.
                        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

After getting tossed away by the Raps reports say that Bayless signs a 2 year deal with Memphis for $3 million per....

Question...

Did Collangelo not see any value in Bayless?? He signs Landry Brick Fields for 20 million (NY fans are laughing at us right now).....and couldn't retain Bayless for 6 million (unconfirmed)????

I am soooo pissed......so Excuse me if my VENTING offends anyone (very sorry)...so let me start out with this:

BC is the ultimate DOUCHEBAG GM.....i want him GONE!!!! That felt good to get off my chest!

He claims to be rearing to go, to make us better.....In all honesty i think we might be worse.....how do you say?? Well, dispite the fact that many teams in the EAST seem to be improving.....

1a) He basically threw Bayless away to anyone who wants him for NOTHING....WTF happened to all that flexibility he talked about?????

1b) We could've picked Scott Machado with our last pick in the draft (i was told second round picks weren't guaranteed anyways)....instead we pick another no name euro who wont be around for years

1c) What if Lowry or Calderon goes down with an injury (which is very possible)??? UZOH....lmfao

2) We're relying on NY's 8th man last year (who we're likely to pay 20 million over 3 years) to be our starter at 2 or 3??...lmao (check his stats from last year - 20 million???)

3) We're giving up a first round pick in the near future..... which shitty teams should not be doing!....we should be taking first round picks!!!

4) Still no real solution at SF on this team (we have a ridiculous amount of tweeners)

5) There are still some potentially good free agents out there (i see you O.J Mayo)....i could see him being our starting shooting guard (thats assuming DD can play the SF as we've been told numerous times).....why not give O.J. Mayo 20 million??

Many of us argued last year that the keys should've been handed to Bayless to start last year in our supposed rebuilding year......we were told by many on RR that Bayless was not a good point guard and Jose helped the team be less of a shitty team.... gee thanks! What did we have to lose?.....we may've gotten a top 5 pick instead of a top 8!!!

I'm not saying that BC is done *improving our team*.....I'm just trying to figure out what the hell he's doing!!! Is he waiting for the Magic to trade Howard???

Just to be clear ....I've been a RaptorFan for about 16 years....I'll always be a RaptorFan.....long after BC and DC are fired or retired

I'm obviously just frustrated so please take it easy on me....what are your thoughts about the direction so far???

On a positive note:

1) I really think this Ross kid has talent.... (although i didnt see him as a 8th pick)
                          2) I like Quincy Acy - tough kid with the mold of a Wilcox/Reggie Evans
                          3) REALLY Looking forward to see JV play in the nba this year

Comment

You're a bit harsh on Fields. He played starter minutes on a playoff team that was dominated by the Carmelo offense. I'd take Fields over Demar any day

Comment

WOW ...fields over Demar?? lol.....interesting opinion.... Demar is a potential 20ppg scorer in the league and was picked by USA BBall select team. Demar needs to work on his handles, shooting and defence....but IMO he's already better than Fields and has the potential to be an all-star (which i dont see happening for Fields) ...Are you related to Landry Fields??

Comment

Special1, don't want to get in the way of a demented rant, but how is Fields the 8th man when he played the 2nd most minutes on the team? Also, Fields has amazing stats, which is why he is among the favourite players of the stats crowd. Check his WP48 position, for example.

Also, if bad teams shouldn't be trading for really good players like Lowry, I have no idea what you imagine they should be doing.

I love the adition of Fields, Lowry and Ross to go along with Davis and JV!

Comment

Working...
                                X