Nicolas Batum rumors/updates, including Darko amnesty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicolas Batum rumors/updates, including Darko amnesty

Found this rumour posted on RealGM.com. No "REAL" source but Yogi is a moderator at RealGM and says his source is secret but credible.
    "Rumour: Raptors nearing S&T for Batum??

by YogiStewart on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Take it for what its worth. It may be talk or it may be a la the Lakers back-dooring for Nash.

a poster that will remain nameless - and who's been around for a while - suggested that the Raptors have turned their attention away from getting Iggy from Philly and are making a strong offer to Portland to S&T Batum.

I was told that the Raptors were frustrated with Philly's delay in making the trade and are looking at Batum. The offer's apparently strong.

so yeah, take that for what its worth. may be worth something, may not. we'll see in a few days."

*COUGH*BULLSHIT*COUGH*

lol - we'll see.

Comment

Well its well known that Portland needs a Solid Point Guard, and Jose would be great to Mentor Nolan Smith.
      Annd they did just lose Wallace.

Jose/JJohnson/Davis and a floaty-pick for Batum?
      Not out of the question.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Well its well known that Portland needs a Solid Point Guard, and Jose would be great to Mentor Nolan Smith.
        Annd they did just lose Wallace.

Jose/JJohnson/Davis and a floaty-pick for Batum?
        Not out of the question.
        They also just drafted some guy name Lillard too -

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          They also just drafted some guy name Lillard too -
          Neither of which will be ready to start come opening day. In my opinion.

Just trying to be optimistic Matt! Geeez!! haha

Everyone needs Jose as a Mentor!!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Neither of which will be ready to start come opening day. In my opinion.

Just trying to be optimistic Matt! Geeez!! haha

Everyone needs Jose as a Mentor!!
            That is 100% true in my opinion.

Although Portland could very well just let Lillard learn on the fly but, if their goal is anything other than another lottery appearance, that may not be a good idea.

Comment

But if they wanted to do a sign and trade wouldn't batum have a say in where he would want to go? If he didnt want to come to the raptors couldnt he just sign Minny's offer sheet and shut down everything? I just don't see it happening

Comment

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

More incentive for Nets to urge B-Lopez to hold off on offer sheet w/POR or CHA: If Nets match, BL essentially can't be traded for a year
                There are rumours of the Blazers going after Lopez or Mcgee.

If Batum is signed to an offer sheet, they lose the cap space immediately and can no longer go after a C.

Minny is holding off on clearing their cap space (i.e. releasing players or trades) because they fear Portland will match.

If BC comes along and says, "Hey Batum agent. If you sign the sheet, we'll amnesty Jose to make it happen."

This puts POR in a bind because obviously they are going hard after a C.

Very interesting stuff.

Regardless, I still do not believe it and any chance of it happening will likely take 3 days to work out because that is how much time the Knicks have to decide on Fields.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                  But if they wanted to do a sign and trade wouldn't batum have a say in where he would want to go? If he didnt want to come to the raptors couldnt he just sign Minny's offer sheet and shut down everything? I just don't see it happening
                  Minny has to make moves to create the cap space. As of yet, they have not made those moves. The contract offer is just sitting there on the table while every twiddles thumbs.

Comment

But doesn't anyone think that Batum might be a bad idea? He has already clearly stated that he REALLY wants to go to Minny and no where else. So if the Raptors do get him, don't you think that he will lash out, play poorly and demand a trade in the near future.

Comment

So many "balls in the air" today, to quote BC!

- rumor that Fields is 50/50 to be matched by NYK (not to mention the Lin matching question)
                      - will Minny cut 3 players to make an offer to Batum, without knowing whether or not they'd actually keep him (Portland would probably prefer S&T with a team outside the Western Conference)
                      - I also read a rumor that Minny was going to acquire Korver from Chicago this morning (via an exper tweet on ESPN - can't recall who)
                      - Howard to Nets will be resolved today; where will Lopez sign?

Some of these impact Toronto directly and other decisions could impact us indirectly... fun times this offseason!

---

I would be quite happy to throw $6-8M at Batum, especially if Fields does get matched by NYK! Heading into the offseason, Batum was my 2nd choice for wing targets, behind Gay (ahead of Mayo, Iggy, Deng, Chandler, Granger, etc..).

Comment

one thing i find interesting is that this states the raps are growing frustrated with phillys delay in making the iggy trade.. if what this guy says is true.. it may be an attempt to hurry Philly up to make the trade.. kind of the way B.Lopez statements today hurried Orlando back to the nets table for negotiations... maybe were closer then anyone realizes to landing Iggy...

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          But doesn't anyone think that Batum might be a bad idea? He has already clearly stated that he REALLY wants to go to Minny and no where else. So if the Raptors do get him, don't you think that he will lash out, play poorly and demand a trade in the near future.
                          If he goes anywhere in a S&T it is still his decision. He has to sign-off on it wherever he goes.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            So many "balls in the air" today, to quote BC!

- rumor that Fields is 50/50 to be matched by NYK (not to mention the Lin matching question)
                            - will Minny cut 3 players to make an offer to Batum, without knowing whether or not they'd actually keep him (Portland would probably prefer S&T with a team outside the Western Conference)
                            - I also read a rumor that Minny was going to acquire Korver from Chicago this morning (via an exper tweet on ESPN - can't recall who)
                            - Howard to Nets will be resolved today; where will Lopez sign?

Some of these impact Toronto directly and other decisions could impact us indirectly... fun times this offseason!

---

I would be quite happy to throw $6-8M at Batum, especially if Fields does get matched by NYK! Heading into the offseason, Batum was my 2nd choice for wing targets, behind Gay (ahead of Mayo, Iggy, Deng, Chandler, Granger, etc..).
                            Hypothetically speaking, lets say the Raps get Fields and s&t for Batum and it has DD going out, would you rather wings to be?

1) DD/Fields

or

2) Fields/Batum

I know what I'd pick and the selection features 2 brand new Raptors.

Comment

I still don't get how a sign and trade would happen. Did Batum agree on the offer sheet from Minny? If so, Portland's options would be to either: 1) match the offer or 2) let him walk. I don't see how Toronto can fit in .... Can someone clarify this for me? Pretty please lol
                              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Working...
                              X