Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: If the Knicks match Fields, what is plan B?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    If NY matches the offer sheet i think the Raps should go after O.J. Mayo...

He's a true SG that should make our team better....we can always move DD to the SF position (which i believe we're already doing). Ross would then get minutes at both SG and SF (backing up both OJ and Demar).
    I was originally really high on Mayo, before the rumors started about Memphis possibly shopping Gay, to re-sign Mayo. The more I think about it, I would be really happy to see Fields matched, Mayo signed and a package of players (ie: Calderon, JJ, Amir/Davis) traded for Iggy.

Imagine this wing rotation!
    Starters: Iggy & Mayo
    Bench: Kleiza (could play some at PF, with Amir/Davis at C) & DeRozan & Ross
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jul 12th, 2012 at 06:16 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie pillowmint's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I was originally really high on Mayo, before the rumors started about Memphis possibly shopping Gay, to re-sign Mayo. The more I think about it, I would be really happy to see Fields matched, Mayo signed and a package of players (ie: Calderon, JJ, Amir/Davis) traded for Iggy.

Imagine this wing rotation!
    Starters: Iggy & Mayo
    Bench: Kleiza (could play some at PF, with Amir/Davis at C) & DeRozan & Fields
    I'm pretty sure we'd lose DD to the 76'ers if we traded for Iggy. which I'm fine with, especially if our starting line up is:

Lowry
    Mayo
    Iggy
    Bargs
    Valc

Christ that's a line up!
    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I really hope plan A fails.

I'd like to see a strong pitch made for a trade with OKC for James Harden using a combo of Calderon/DD/ED/Amir/Cap releif.

Lowry
    Harden
    T. Ross
    Bargnani
    JV

Since that will never happen I'll throw my hat in for giving JJ another year while searching for a better option. At the least he works hard of D and for the most part you don't have to double team the guy he is defending. IMO his ability to rotate, cover his own man and block shots was a big part of why the Rap's were so good at limiting points in the paint last season.

if James harden is available I'll throw everything we have got. I will try to make him our franchise player and I suspect he will thrive in that role under Casey. As far as I am concerned everyone is expendable for a player like Harden.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote pillowmint wrote: View Post
    I'm pretty sure we'd lose DD to the 76'ers if we traded for Iggy. which I'm fine with, especially if our starting line up is:

Lowry
    Mayo
    Iggy
    Bargs
    Valc

Christ that's a line up!
    I'd like it. Iggy provides perimeter defense and both he and Mayo provide offense, both by driving to the basket and with outside shooting. If they got Mayo signed, it would make giving up DeRozan easier to deal with, in a trade for Gay or Iggy.

I also mistakenly included Fields in my post, but corrected it to be Ross.

Post Thanks / Like

Peitrus sucks

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa where did all these posts come from?

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No offense but I don't understand the fascination with OJ Mayo. I really don't. We don't need a SG, and if we did, he's not what I'm thinking of.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Knicks match the offer for Landry Fields, where does that take us in terms of cap space? I'm seeing some OJ Mayo calling in here, I just can't imagine how the Raptors would even get him. Ideally, I would love to have Mayo in the team. He's gritty defensively, can knock down the shot & can be a secondary ball-handler.

I don't think we have seen the best of him, especially since the Grizzlies were so loaded inside, it took away a lot of driving space for him. What I don't like about him is he is inconsistent & a chucker.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    If the Knicks match the offer for Landry Fields, where does that take us in terms of cap space? I'm seeing some OJ Mayo calling in here, I just can't imagine how the Raptors would even get him. Ideally, I would love to have Mayo in the team. He's gritty defensively, can knock down the shot & can be a secondary ball-handler.

I don't think we have seen the best of him, especially since the Grizzlies were so loaded inside, it took away a lot of driving space for him. What I don't like about him is he is inconsistent & a chucker.
    They could offer Mayo the $6.3M that would be going to Fields. If they dumped any players via trade or amnesty, they'd obviously be able to offer more. I wouldn't necessarily like Mayo on his own, but if Mayo and Iggy were both added, I think that would make for a stacked and well balanced lineup.

mcsemcp73

how about Mike Dunleavy

Post Thanks / Like

Free agents!

Free agents only!

Free agents only please!

Post Thanks / Like

Advanced stats love Iguodala, and so do I.

I'll take a 17/8/7.5 guy all day every day.

Throw in that he's a top 5 defender in the league, and I couldnt be more sold.

He's a steal at his salary, so don't bring salary into it, imo, unless you think PPG is the be all end all stat(It isn't.)

You wanna see funny? Check out this link:

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/co...%93&player_ids[]=253&player_ids[]=150

It'll show you a side by side comparison of Gay and Iguodala.

mcsemcp73

how about bring back Hedo Turkoglu

Raptors Republic Rookie 10 000 Hours's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    No offense but I don't understand the fascination with OJ Mayo. I really don't. We don't need a SG, and if we did, he's not what I'm thinking of.
    Same feeling. He's got talent, but he's never lived up to his potential. There was always talk of him becoming an all star type player. Maybe he still can, but I just don't see it.

Perhaps it's because an old NBA 2k game had his potential listed at A+, so I've been programmed to think he should be better by now.
    Walking like I'm already there.

Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess a good plan B would be OJ Mayo. So, we can either move demar to SF or maybe include him in a package that would get Gay or Iggy. But i'm also fine if we end up with fields. I think they'll make the 8th spot but lose in the first round. Hey, i guess i'm just an optimist.

Raptors Republic Rookie knowledgep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would take a look at the following young guys for a cheap deal... The bigger names aren't going to sign in T.O.

CJ Miles
    Devin Ebanks
    Donte Green
    Anthony Randolph
    Bill Walker
    DJ White

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    They could offer Mayo the $6.3M that would be going to Fields. If they dumped any players via trade or amnesty, they'd obviously be able to offer more. I wouldn't necessarily like Mayo on his own, but if Mayo and Iggy were both added, I think that would make for a stacked and well balanced lineup.
    I forgot about the amnesty clause. Of course, that is another potential $10M in cap space even if Fields' offer is matched. I have a feeling the Knicks will match the offer for the same reasons why we would want Fields + the idea that an expiring contract in his third year for someone who still wouldn't be considered in his prime.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Iggy
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo missed out on the best free agent value player the Raptors had a chance at. Lou Williams. Now I say they go after Randy Foye and if that fails CJ Miles or Shannon Brown since we have no shot at Lee , Mayo, or Rush(GS will not let him go)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Peitrus sucks
    Did you even watch the playoffs?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information