Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Knicks match Fields, what is plan B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Knicks match Fields, what is plan B?

If NY matches Fields, what is your hope for plan B in free agency?
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Jul 12, 2012, 02:52 PM. Reason: Just free agents! Plenty of trade threads going on

Personally, I like Brandon Rush.

Comment

Go all-in on Gay or Iggy

Or worse-case scenario, move DeRozan to SF, and start Ross at SG.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Go all-in on Gay or Iggy

I should have been more specific on the assumption of a free agent signing/pursuit.

Comment

I think that would be the best news we could have to get out of this situation. We have too many 2s already, DD, Ross, and Fields and not enough 3s (arguably no real 3s).

With Fields on our roaster what would our starting line be? Do we force DD to play the 3? Or Fields? Or even Ross?

Comment

I really hope plan A fails.

I'd like to see a strong pitch made for a trade with OKC for James Harden using a combo of Calderon/DD/ED/Amir/Cap releif.

Lowry
            Harden
            T. Ross
            Bargnani
            JV

Since that will never happen I'll throw my hat in for giving JJ another year while searching for a better option. At the least he works hard of D and for the most part you don't have to double team the guy he is defending. IMO his ability to rotate, cover his own man and block shots was a big part of why the Rap's were so good at limiting points in the paint last season.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Go all-in on Gay or Iggy

I totally agree that Gay or Iggy would be my 1st choice.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I should have been more specific on the assumption of a free agent signing/pursuit.
              There's not many free agents out there that I like for this team. I agree with you that Rush would be a nice complimentary piece, given his 3pt shooting. However, after trading away Wright, I think GSW will sign/match any reasonable offer.

The only other free agents who I have any interest in would be:
              - OJ Mayo (Phoenix wants him if NO matches Gordon)
              - Courtney Lee (I had heard he was signing with Boston, but haven't heard confirmation)
              - CJ Miles (I had heard he was signing with Dallas early on, but nothing recently)

I don't know that Lee or Miles would be much of an upgrade over the wings we already have though. Rush and Mayo are really the only ones that intrigue me, but even they wouldn't have near the impact that Gay/Iggy would, IMO.

Comment

Rudy Gay, if only...

I like the idea of Brandon Rush. Don't know too much about his personality or if he's a good fit in the locker room, but the dude can shoot the lights out and seems competent on D. He could also bring us some experience and consistency when T-Ross is struggling.

Are any solid, pure SF vets still available or even possibly to bring here? Grant Hill, Raja Bell? Matt Barnes would be hilarious/awesome to see on this squad.

Edit: I guess we've already tried the veteran SF thing a few too many times and they've all come up short...
                Last edited by Phil; Thu Jul 12, 2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post
                  I think that would be the best news we could have to get out of this situation. We have too many 2s already, DD, Ross, and Fields and not enough 3s (arguably no real 3s).

With Fields on our roaster what would our starting line be? Do we force DD to play the 3? Or Fields? Or even Ross?
                  Not the point of the thread.

Who would you like to see them pursue in free agency?

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post

Fields is not even a Raptor and you want to roast him already???

Comment

Rush, yeah.

I like him better than Fields, actually.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

How about Pietrus?

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                          How about Pietrus?
                          I like Pietrus.

I don't like his knee.

Comment

never been a fan of pietrus. plus, haven't we tried to sign him like twice and failed. bad vibes
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              I think it's early to be pursuing a guy like Gay, Iguodala, Granger. This team is still about 3 years away from being competitive (as in, competing for a 4th to 6th playoff spot), which means any of those guys will either be starting the downsides of their respective careers, or will have reached a peak in their career where we just can't afford them (Bargnani, DeRozan, Ross, JV will all be looking for extensions by then). I think in 3 years time, we should be looking for a player who is at Rudy Gay's level today.

Thoughts?
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

Working...
                              X