Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Knicks match Fields, what is plan B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Knicks match, Plan B should be to celebrate

Plan C can be trading for a SF because the FAs aren't much of a help and we'll just have to overspend to get them.
    Last edited by Letter N; Fri Jul 13, 2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      If NY matches Fields, what is your hope for plan B in free agency?
      Place all the remaining names on a board, blindfold Colangelo and whoever the dart hits they pay that guy twice what his open market value is? If there is money left over he can tell the fans it's an asset to be used later when really it won't get used at all? (Maybe that money affects company bonus'? )

Seriously though, I don't know where he goes from here. This off-season has been a flop overall so far.

Comment

If the Knicks match, we should get Landry to mail us a piece of his own fecal matter so we can start it at small forward and everyone in raps repub can get super excited and tell me it's a legit player.

Comment

noban wrote: View Post
          if the knicks match, we should get landry to mail us a piece of his own fecal matter so we can start it at small forward and everyone in raps repub can get super excited and tell me it's a legit player.
          lolllllllll!!!

Comment

Lin impact?

From ESPN:

It's your move, New York Knicks.

Jeremy Lin has signed a three-year offer sheet with the Houston Rockets, according to a source close to the talks. The deal is worth a little more than $25 million -- $5 million in the first year, $5.225 million in the second year and $14.8 million in the third year. The Knicks have three days to match the Rockets' offer.
            It looks doubtful that Knicks will match Fields before Lin, and that's a nice poison pilled contract. Looks like Fields is coming!

Comment

bdl244 wrote: View Post
              From ESPN:

It looks doubtful that Knicks will match Fields before Lin, and that's a nice poison pilled contract. Looks like Fields is coming!
              The Knicks are already over the salary cap and have both Lin and Fields' rights.

I honestly don't think either situation affects the other.

Comment

nobodyy

I actually don't think the Fields signing would be bad..he's a great roll player..but if the Knicks match, which btw i think they will since theyre known for overspending, we should just resign Sonny and use him as trade bait at the deadline...package him with some of our other assets not name Ross, AB or JV for a star sf

is there a way for me to start a new thread?

Comment

raptorsdd10 wrote: View Post
                  I actually don't think the Fields signing would be bad..he's a great roll player..but if the Knicks match, which btw i think they will since theyre known for overspending, we should just resign Sonny and use him as trade bait at the deadline...package him with some of our other assets not name Ross, AB or JV for a star sf

is there a way for me to start a new thread?
                  For this topic, don't bother. There are numerous thread already going and will likely just get merged.

For a topic not being discussed, go in to which ever forum you want to post in and click the blue "Post new thread" button.

Comment

I did that, thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=raptorsdd10;144846...we should just resign Sonny and use him as trade bait at the deadline...package him with some of our other assets not name Ross, AB or JV for a star sf...[/QUOTE]

Okay, look at what you just wrote. "...resign sonny and use him as trade bait..." And what teams would see sonny Weems as the kind of attractive bait that would get them to want to trade with the Raptors? Sonny was unable to maintain a starting position on the 25th worst team in the league at the end of the 2010/2011 season (give or take a few positions).

You need to take off those rose coloured glasses. :-)

Comment

NYK wont match... Plus LIN MIGHT WALK if FELTON is sign to a decent Pay day

Comment

Weeellll, Fields will be a Raptor. He'll be an asset to the team. The Knicks decided not to match (caught it on Sportsnet).

Caveat...dont trust theKnicks...wait until midnight for confirmation!!!

Comment

Knicks decided not to match; I also caught it on Sportsnet and it's now up on RealGM. Doesn't look like they'll be shelling out the big bucks for Lin either, since it looks like they've made a trade with the Blazers: Jared Jeffries and Dan Gadzuric for Raymond Felton and Kurt Thomas.

I'm going to hold judgement on Fields' contract until I see what he can bring to the table in Casey's system. As for New York choosing Felton (for cheap) over Lin (with a questionable contract)? Gross. Just gross.

Comment

this should jumpstart the jettisoning of jj, now that the 3 is mostly set for next year.

Comment

So Fields is a Raptor...what next?

Now that we have Fields locked up, we have a backlog at SF, PF, and Jose may want to leave. What other deals can we make to fix this roster up a bit more?

Comment

Working...
                                X