Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: If the Knicks match Fields, what is plan B?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote bdl244 wrote: View Post
    From ESPN:

It looks doubtful that Knicks will match Fields before Lin, and that's a nice poison pilled contract. Looks like Fields is coming!
    The Knicks are already over the salary cap and have both Lin and Fields' rights.

I honestly don't think either situation affects the other.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default nobodyy

I actually don't think the Fields signing would be bad..he's a great roll player..but if the Knicks match, which btw i think they will since theyre known for overspending, we should just resign Sonny and use him as trade bait at the deadline...package him with some of our other assets not name Ross, AB or JV for a star sf

is there a way for me to start a new thread?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptorsdd10 wrote: View Post
    I actually don't think the Fields signing would be bad..he's a great roll player..but if the Knicks match, which btw i think they will since theyre known for overspending, we should just resign Sonny and use him as trade bait at the deadline...package him with some of our other assets not name Ross, AB or JV for a star sf

is there a way for me to start a new thread?
    For this topic, don't bother. There are numerous thread already going and will likely just get merged.

For a topic not being discussed, go in to which ever forum you want to post in and click the blue "Post new thread" button.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I did that, thanks

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=raptorsdd10;144846...we should just resign Sonny and use him as trade bait at the deadline...package him with some of our other assets not name Ross, AB or JV for a star sf...[/QUOTE]

Okay, look at what you just wrote. "...resign sonny and use him as trade bait..." And what teams would see sonny Weems as the kind of attractive bait that would get them to want to trade with the Raptors? Sonny was unable to maintain a starting position on the 25th worst team in the league at the end of the 2010/2011 season (give or take a few positions).

You need to take off those rose coloured glasses. :-)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

NYK wont match... Plus LIN MIGHT WALK if FELTON is sign to a decent Pay day

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Weeellll, Fields will be a Raptor. He'll be an asset to the team. The Knicks decided not to match (caught it on Sportsnet).

Caveat...dont trust theKnicks...wait until midnight for confirmation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Knicks decided not to match; I also caught it on Sportsnet and it's now up on RealGM. Doesn't look like they'll be shelling out the big bucks for Lin either, since it looks like they've made a trade with the Blazers: Jared Jeffries and Dan Gadzuric for Raymond Felton and Kurt Thomas.

I'm going to hold judgement on Fields' contract until I see what he can bring to the table in Casey's system. As for New York choosing Felton (for cheap) over Lin (with a questionable contract)? Gross. Just gross.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

this should jumpstart the jettisoning of jj, now that the 3 is mostly set for next year.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So Fields is a Raptor...what next?

Now that we have Fields locked up, we have a backlog at SF, PF, and Jose may want to leave. What other deals can we make to fix this roster up a bit more?

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Now that we have Fields locked up, we have a backlog at SF, PF, and Jose may want to leave. What other deals can we make to fix this roster up a bit more?
    JJ gone. Calderon on the trading block, and a smokescreen on Amir/Ed situation.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information