Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What general manager has the worst contracts in the NBA? (Blog)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What general manager has the worst contracts in the NBA? (Blog)

Link - What general manager has the worst contracts in the NBA?

Let's rank the guys based on how untradeable (NOTE: Untradeable is a relative term. Every player is 'tradeable.' I mean which guys are 'untradeable' in that their teams would get little of value or an equally horrendous contract back in return) their worst contracts are:

4. Bryan Colangelo

The Jose Calderon ($9 million plus per year) and Andrea Bargnani (rising to $12 million in 2013) were not very good signings. Hedo Turkoglu ($9 million this year, rising to $12 million by the end) was really not good. It's hard to see another team desiring any of those contracts and it's even harder to see a team built with those three as key players getting out of the first round of the playoffs.
    Interesting read. However...

I TOTALLY disagree with this person's critical valuation of BC signings of Jose and Andrea. I think both are being paid their fair market value, which makes them good contracts. And given how well Jose and Andrea are playing right now (especially Andrea), their age and the positions they play, I think other teams would love to steal both of them from us, which makes them entirely tradeable.

As for Hedo's contract signing, it isn't looking good at this time but I think it's prudent and just for us to wait at least two to three seasons before fully criticizing it (and BC).

That said, the only really bad contract on the team is Marcus Banks'.

(Note: The writer's list includes a total of 19 GM's)
    RR OG

This is what a (Pistons) writer does to ease the pain! lol
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

I agree the Hedo's contract.

I disagree with Bargnani's contract. I think that one will be a steal when its all said and done. Dude is producing Rashard Lewis numbers at half the price. He also offers a much bigger presence in the paint on offense and defense than Lewis. I am not upset about it because he also mentioned Aldridge:

Kevin Pritchard: The LaMarcus Aldridge extension kicks in next year and could prove to be a pain -- not sure Aldridge is a $12 million and rising a year player, but the rest of the contracts on the team are either reasonable ones or guys still on rookie deals.

Comment

Jose is tradeable... he's a bit over priced but he's still a great PG. Bargs' contract is fine, its fair, if poeple were to watch him more often they would realize he's worth the money. The Turk signing looks bad at the moment, hopefully he plays better and it doesnt look as bad

Comment

"As for Hedo's contract signing, it isn't looking good at this time but I think it's prudent and just for us to wait at least two to three seasons before fully criticizing it (and BC)."

I'm not too sure I'd wait any longer than 2 years. If the team improves enough next season to where they are close to real contenders for the East then yes, stick with him if he's playing better. If we continue around the .500 mark next season he's gotta go.

The Bargnani signing was great. I don't know what this guy was smoking but ay, "pass it ova here now!!".

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
            Jose is tradeable... he's a bit over priced but he's still a great PG. Bargs' contract is fine, its fair, if poeple were to watch him more often they would realize he's worth the money. The Turk signing looks bad at the moment, hopefully he plays better and it doesnt look as bad
            When he originally signed people were saying it was bad then but they were referring to the length and his age. No one was questioning his worth in the first couple years but they were questioning where he would be in the back end of the deal. Well, right now to me he looks like how I pictured him to be in the back end of the deal.

Comment

They are all overpaid players, but I'd only classify Turkoglu as an outright "bad" signing. He had to pay Calderon his money at the time since he had traded Ford, the ballsy thing would've been done to trade both when their value was at its peak but that's another matter.

He has to pay Bargnani because having him go into the final year of his rookie contract without an extension is a sign that he's not sure about him. Bargnani's qualifying offer was at 8M+ so it's not THAT much of an overpayment. If you want to question that deal, question its length more than the money.

Comment

Working...
              X