Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 256

Thread: Sources ESPN: Jose Calderon wants trade (#68)

  1. #81
    Raptors Republic Rookie JalenRose5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jose's a professional, I don't think he will cry his way out of town like Wince. I don't blame Jose either for welcoming a trade. The organization has made it very transparent kyle lowry is their point guard of the future.

    I just hope and pray we get someone decent for Jose. I'd start looking at Memphis' Roster and start planting the seed.

  2. #82
    Raptors Republic Rookie G-locity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    QUOTE=phdmac;144413]Charlotte has Kemba and Sessions and no need for Jose. Portland seems to me a possible landing spot. Sadly I don't think it would be for Batum, maybe Matthews[/QUOTE]
    im not implying trade for him, he is an UFA so any team can just sign him right

  3. #83
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8a9ge8x

    Jose Calderon for Beno Udrich and Jon Brockman and 2013 second round pick.

  4. #84
    Raptors Republic Rookie phdmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lol, that awkward moment when you suggest a horrible trade that also includes a player not on that team (Brockman to HOU)
    Ball Don't Lie

  5. #85
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote phdmac wrote: View Post
    Lol, that awkward moment when you suggest a horrible trade that also includes a player not on that team (Brockman to HOU)
    Damn trade machine LOL, I just thought of backup PG with one year contract. Why not.

  6. #86
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    BC has to make good on this deal. Calderon has been too valuable to this team for to long for him to get nothing but cash back in return. We're in great financial standing it's not like we need the money. It would greatly aid our plan to be a deep playoff club right now if he was able to package some other assets together with Jose to get a veteran, starting caliber SF. Make a hard push for guys like Igoudala, Granger, Gay, Batum, and even Deng if you must. If it doesn't work out the so be it. But for god sakes BC, don't settle for cash and useless second round picks. I'd like to make it clear that Igoudala is definitely my favorite choice at SF. Also, if HOU doesn't succeed in getting Howard then they'll have a bunch of picks, small assets, and cap space and they'll be in need of a PG and a PF now that Lowry, Dragic, and Scola are gone. They'll be our super-backup option.

  7. #87
    Raptors Republic Rookie phdmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    but the point should be to get a useful piece back. Udrih is not that.
    Ball Don't Lie

  8. #88
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    Damn trade machine LOL, I just thought of backup PG with one year contract. Why not.
    I like the Bucks as a trading partner though. Instead, we could go after Mbah a Moute.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=82h94px
    Caldy/Acy + cash + 2nd rounder for Mbah a Moute/Udrih

  9. #89
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7a83bus

    Jose for JJ Barea and Martell Webster

  10. #90
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why did we get rid if bayless with nothing in return again? Refresh my memory

  11. #91
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

    Sac town. Tyreke anyone?

    Jose and ED to SAC
    Tyreke and Chuck Hayes to TO

  12. #92
    Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So Colangelo gives up a lottery pick for a small upgrade at the PG position, marginalizes his existing PG (again) to the point where he is interested in being traded, and is looking for a TPE in return.

    This guy couldn't find value at the Salvation Army.

    If Colangelo/Casey can't convince Jose to stay they need to get something in return for him, and if its a TPE he needs to turn that into something useful.

  13. #93
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote alex_elstone wrote: View Post
    Why did we get rid if bayless with nothing in return again? Refresh my memory
    Because the team has made it perfectly crystal clear that Ben Uzoh was a suitable back-up for Casey (said during a presser after the draft). Calderon's days were over when the team pursued Nash. As for Bayless, the team renounced his rights just like Memphis renounced their rights to OJ Mayo. Plain and simple. My take on this is that the team should hold tight and not cave into releasing him through the amnesty provision. That amnesty will come in handy later on IMO.

    Personally, I like Jose but t don't understand his pouting. He's getting paid all-star money and is clearly not capable of playing heavy minutes as a starter. He's also proven to be more gun-shy over the past two seasons and has shot less. He should accept his role until his deal expires. What's he trying to play for? Another massive contract? He's lost a step, his hamstring is touch and go. His body is in back-up mode at this point in his career. Yes, he's thirty but he hasn't played a full season in a long time. Good luck to him, but the team must make something out of the millions of dollars that he's been paid over the years by way of a TPE or something.

    PS> I was salivating over the amnesty of Scola (I know we don't need a big but he's such a great player). Watch San Antonio snag him. Just watch!
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  14. #94
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd be more than willing to include DeRozan in a deal with Jose if it can get us Igoudala, Gay or Granger with another small asset. I'm watching Igoudala play with Team USA right now and he's a standout on both ends of the court. When he's not asked to facilitate the kid can SCORE, spot up/isolation whatever. His defence goes without saying. Perfect for this team. Go after him BC, pull the trigger. Just do it man. Make us a winning team for the next 5 yrs with Lowry,Ross,Igoudala,Bargnani,Valanciunas and Fields, Davis and a combo guard being our go-to bench guys off the bench.

  15. #95
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Marc Stein: Mark Bartelstein, agent for Calderon, confirms to ESPN that trade talks underway. He & Raps prez Colangelo "working together" to find deal Twitter

  16. #96
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Because the team has made it perfectly crystal clear that Ben Uzoh was a suitable back-up for Casey (said during a presser after the draft). Calderon's days were over when the team pursued Nash. As for Bayless, the team renounced his rights just like Memphis renounced their rights to OJ Mayo. Plain and simple. My take on this is that the team should hold tight and not cave into releasing him through the amnesty provision. That amnesty will come in handy later on IMO.

    Personally, I like Jose but t don't understand his pouting. He's getting paid all-star money and is clearly not capable of playing heavy minutes as a starter. He's also proven to be more gun-shy over the past two seasons and has shot less. He should accept his role until his deal expires. What's he trying to play for? Another massive contract? He's lost a step, his hamstring is touch and go. His body is in back-up mode at this point in his career. Yes, he's thirty but he hasn't played a full season in a long time. Good luck to him, but the team must make something out of the millions of dollars that he's been paid over the years by way of a TPE or something.

    PS> I was salivating over the amnesty of Scola (I know we don't need a big but he's such a great player). Watch San Antonio snag him. Just watch!
    How can you not understand his pouting? Yes he's overpaid, but he truly loves to be a Raptor and he truly loves the city of Toronto. That's pretty obvious. How would you feel if you were basically "backstabbed" by the city and team you love? He played his heart out every single game and played with 110% every night and what does he get? Constant trade rumors and even the possibility of amnesty. He definitely wants to stay on the Raptors and he's basically being told that what he wants doesn't matter. Why wouldn't anyone else in that position not pout? You're only thinking about it from your own point of view, so how about considering how Jose feels about the whole situation.

  17. #97
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post

    Personally, I like Jose but t don't understand his pouting. He's getting paid all-star money and is clearly not capable of playing heavy minutes as a starter. He's also proven to be more gun-shy over the past two seasons and has shot less. He should accept his role until his deal expires. What's he trying to play for? Another massive contract? He's lost a step, his hamstring is touch and go. His body is in back-up mode at this point in his career. Yes, he's thirty but he hasn't played a full season in a long time. Good luck to him, but the team must make something out of the millions of dollars that he's been paid over the years by way of a TPE or something.
    i think it is mostly his agent reminding him he is in his contract year of what should be his last chance at a payday. jose could lose a lot of money over the next 4 years with back up time and could earn a lot of money with a starters job where he puts up good numbers. next years losers of cp3 might be going after jose as the number 2 pg in free agency.

    i take all this "jose" talk as bartlestien talk

  18. #98
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    How can you not understand his pouting? Yes he's overpaid, but he truly loves to be a Raptor and he truly loves the city of Toronto. That's pretty obvious. How would you feel if you were basically "backstabbed" by the city and team you love? He played his heart out every single game and played with 110% every night and what does he get? Constant trade rumors and even the possibility of amnesty. He definitely wants to stay on the Raptors and he's basically being told that what he wants doesn't matter. Why wouldn't anyone else in that position not pout? You're only thinking about it from your own point of view, so how about considering how Jose feels about the whole situation.
    i think it's all money. jose is a team player and not a complainer. it's a business and he knows it and he is making a business decision

  19. #99
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,794
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    word is BC only wants to trade him if he can get some kind of TPE back or whatever. Because BC really uses them...
    @jerboat

  20. #100
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    How can you not understand his pouting? Yes he's overpaid, but he truly loves to be a Raptor and he truly loves the city of Toronto. That's pretty obvious. How would you feel if you were basically "backstabbed" by the city and team you love? He played his heart out every single game and played with 110% every night and what does he get? Constant trade rumors and even the possibility of amnesty. He definitely wants to stay on the Raptors and he's basically being told that what he wants doesn't matter. Why wouldn't anyone else in that position not pout? You're only thinking about it from your own point of view, so how about considering how Jose feels about the whole situation.
    You conveniently omitted the part where I said I like Jose. His durability is in question so I don't understand why he still feels like he's a starter. I understand early on when he was still averaging 8+ dimes a game. Now, for 10.6 Mil a year, I personally wouldn't mind being stabbed in the back myself. It's not a hate post. I just wish that he needs to understand that the young guy in Lowry deserves his chance (after being a back-up for as long as Jose's been a starter). TJ Ford and Jarrett Jack got jettisoned for him too so don't forget that.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •