Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
Who cares? Let it go. The thread is about Calderon on the trading block, not the merits of public vs private trade requests. All that matters is that all signs point to Calderon's time in Toronto being done and wondering what the Raps might get in return. Enough of this 'he said, she said' crap.

The fact of the matter is that the writing's been on the wall ever since the very public failed trade with Charlotte two years ago. Since then there's been no secret that Calderon's days in Toronto were numbered. I would bet my left nut that every GM in the league already knew the situation long before either side (BC or Calderon's people) went public, and that's really all that matters. If you think any GM out there found out via public disclosure that Calderon was on the trade block, you're incredibly naive.

Therefore, this entire argument/debate is a completely moot point. Let it go... please!
Agreed.

I may be echoing what others have already stated here but, despite my appreciation for Jose and all he's done, I say don't even bother moving him unless we can score a decent young backup PG in return. Sure, he wants to be traded but if I'm Bryan Colangelo and I've already tried moving him a million times over the past few seasons, I'd say eff it all- don't comply with the trade request unless we get a solid piece or two in return; None of this TPE bull and no getting nothing-players in return. Keep him as a backup at around 20-25 mpg (tough beans) until the trade deadline and maybe a decent trade option will pop up. He'll also make a killer back-up, by the way, potentially making us a lock for the playoffs. He's not the "locker room cancer" type; Jose's always been a pro and there's no doubt in my mind he'll show up to play, no matter what the circumstance.