Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sources ESPN: Jose Calderon wants trade (#68)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think they should trade Calderon & their 2013 2nd round pick to Dallas for a 1st round pick and a $10.6M TPE.

Let him start ahead of Colison on a veteran team.

Toronto gets a pick back after trading theirs to Houston, while also getting a bigger TPE after losing the Barbosa TPE (if Fields signing goes through).

Comment

• jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
      This is a business people.
      Yeah it is and the organization has taken steps which indicate that Calderon is not in their future plans. Calderon has made the business decision to let them know he would welcome the opportunity to end their relationship. What's wrong with it given the circumstances?

jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
      Up until a few days ago Bryan said he's a part of the team and they'll welcome him back.
      What does that mean really? Well, he's under contract. If they don't welcome him back then they pay him $10.5M to not play basketball.

The team obviously feels like he can't take them to the next level because frankly, he can't.
      Ok, so trade him already.

They went and got someone they felt can. What in the world is wrong with that.
      Nothing.

So his names been thrown around in rumors, he'll get over it, we'll get over it who cares. This is the NBA players are people, but even moreso assets.
      Right and so they should trade him. He's a prime asset to capitalize on.

His time with the club has been good but his age, injury history, lack of athleticism, and poor defense don't fit in with this team. Lowry is a better fit and Lowry is what the coach wants. End of story.
      So trade him.

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
        http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8a9ge8x

Jose Calderon for Beno Udrich and Jon Brockman and 2013 second round pick.
        stop

Comment

• Basically Apollo agreed with me...or at least I think so I can't tell. And I hope everyone stops whining about Joses treatment, who cares he's just an asset (was my point).

Comment

• John Hollinger is of the mind that there isn't a lot of interest in Jose and his contract.

Nick (Toronto)

How about Jose Calderon for the Hornets? They could give up a heavily protected pick for him, which Toronto could relay to Philly with a couple other assets for Iguodala. Who says no?
            John Hollinger (12:55 PM)

You're sniffing bath salts if you think you can get a draft pick for Calderon given his $10M price. You have it backwards: The Raptors need to pay somebody to take him.
            source

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
              John Hollinger is of the mind that there isn't a lot of interest in Jose and his contract.

source
              Nothing John Hollinger says about the raps is true...he is a complete moron

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
                Seconded.

Comment

• jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
                  well said, and I agree. He's definitely been given his chance to be our guy for stretches but he's simply not good enough across the board to be the PG of the future for this club. We needed a young PG who could penetrate, pass, not back down from shots, defend at a high level, and be a gritty floor general and have a reasonable contract. We pretty much got all of those things in Lowry. While Jose is an elite passer and good spot up shooter, that's about it. He's not a good enough defender, athletic, or durable enough to take us deep into the playoffs year after year against the leagues new breed of PGs. Gotta love the guy for his passion, resilience, and professionalism but he's just not right for the teams current direction, plain and simple. When management reviews potential PGs they don't argue Calderon's case with "but he's such a nice guy" or "but he loves Toronto", that's all great but you've gotta do whats best for team... I mean seriously? Do what makes us better overall. And lastly, I'm sure he'll land with a good team and go deep in the playoffs, if not this year then next year when he can choose where to go.
                  I'm with ya Jimmy.

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
                    When it comes to Toronto absolutely.

He is right on the pick though, a first round draft pick is not coming back.

Comment

• Jose said, "Enough is enough and it is time for a change!"

I can't blame him. If has been a total pro the last 3 years (although near $30M calls for that in my opinion).

I hope BC can get something for him and he lands in a good situation for him.

Comment

• Oh, so what's your threshold? At $10.5M you would be upset that your family's future was held up in the air for a month but at $10.6M you're fine with it? Maybe your threshold is $5M? $1M? $100k? $1000? $100? At what price do you forget what you feel is fair or right?
                        I meant that figuratively Apollo. He is very well compensated to a point where the logic behind his family's future makes me scratch my head. At 10 million dollars / year and at the tail end of that contract, his family is fine. It's a business decision, I wish him well and hopefully both sides gets it done.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Jose said, "Enough is enough and it is time for a change!"

I can't blame him. If has been a total pro the last 3 years (although near $30M calls for that in my opinion).

I hope BC can get something for him and he lands in a good situation for him.
                          Considering some people are still angry we only got a 2nd round pick for a few months rental of Barbosa, I wonder how many 'shaking heads' there will be when Calderon won't even get us a 1st round pick.

Comment

• alex_elstone wrote: View Post
                            Why did we get rid if bayless with nothing in return again? Refresh my memory
                            Garbage in garbage out.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                              John Hollinger is of the mind that there isn't a lot of interest in Jose and his contract.

source
                              Hollinger maybe didn't look at how many years Calderon has left?

Comment

• alex_elstone wrote: View Post
                                Why did we get rid if bayless with nothing in return again? Refresh my memory
                                You can't trade players if no other team is willing to cooperate...

Comment

Working...
                                X