Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sources ESPN: Jose Calderon wants trade (#68)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    No link, but now that Dallas has secured Elton Brand, things may heat up on the Jose front.
    Here's a link that got me thinking, Jason Terry hasn't signed his offer sheet yet for Boston, this article talks about a 3 team trade which includes Calderon to Dallas and a Jason Terry S&T to Boston.

Not sure if the source is reliable though, but interesting.

http://mavericks.scout.com/a.z?s=268...2f1202432.html

Comment

• knowledgep wrote: View Post
      Here's a link that got me thinking, Jason Terry hasn't signed his offer sheet yet for Boston, this article talks about a 3 team trade which includes Calderon to Dallas and a Jason Terry S&T to Boston.

That is interesting.

I read Boston was open to a S&T originally but Dallas said no.

Maybe this changes things? If Jose was amnestied it was a given they would pick him up.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        That is interesting.

I read Boston was open to a S&T originally but Dallas said no.

Maybe this changes things? If Jose was amnestied it was a given they would pick him up.
        A Dominique Jones was mentioned in the link as a possible exchange. He is a 6.5-6.6 guard who plays pg & sg in his 3rd yr (last in the D-league). Anyone heard of him?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          A Dominique Jones was mentioned in the link as a possible exchange. He is a 6.5-6.6 guard who plays pg & sg in his 3rd yr (last in the D-league). Anyone heard of him?
          I did not think he was a PG.

Thought he was an oft-injured SG who couldn't really shoot. Just by checking his college stats I see he was a high scorer.

I think the only incentive to taking back Jones is he frees up nearly $9.5M in cap space and is a tradeable contract due to his 4th year rookie deal not being guaranteed therefore becoming an expiring contract.

Comment

• knowledgep wrote: View Post

Yeah, I just read something like that too. If that's the case, we may be able to find a back-up PG somewhere?

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/ar...trade/11223196
            #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

• So what would the Raptors be looking at taking back? Some draft picks is my guess.

Comment

• They were talking to Casey during the Toronto/Miami summer league game. And Casey, with his man crush for Jose, basically says he expects Jose to be with the team next year. Basically, saying that good teams have competition for playing time and its not Jose but Jose's people pushing for a trade.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  So what would the Raptors be looking at taking back? Some draft picks is my guess.
                  Rights to Nick Calathes would make me happy.

I would imagine Dallas would look to dump a contract - Dominique Jones has been mentioned. Dahntay Jones would be good too - 3rd string banger.

Comment

• This is starting to get a little bit out of hand now. It's true that Jose hasn't come out and say he wanted to be traded but I'm sure he doesn't want to go through all the drama of 'who's starting, who deserves to start' etc... So I'm just going to assume he'll be with the team and put 100% effort into producing as much as he can until he's does get traded (if in fact he does).

As it stands now, we have a pretty good 1-2 punch in the back court. I'm really liking how the team is shaping up.
                    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

• RPT23 wrote: View Post
                      This is starting to get a little bit out of hand now. It's true that Jose hasn't come out and say he wanted to be traded but I'm sure he doesn't want to go through all the drama of 'who's starting, who deserves to start' etc... So I'm just going to assume he'll be with the team and put 100% effort into producing as much as he can until he's does get traded (if in fact he does).

As it stands now, we have a pretty good 1-2 punch in the back court. I'm really liking how the team is shaping up.
                      I 100% agree with what you are saying and hope that if Jose is back he is happy in whatever role he has - likely backup PG.

Ideally, I would like Jose to stay but if he wants to go then he should be traded.

If he stayed, it would really be a nice 1-2 PG punch.

Comment

• I think if we really want the best for jose, seeing as how this is a contract year for him we should let him go somewhere where he can get enough play time, to earn a good contract.
                        "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                          I think if we really want the best for jose, seeing as how this is a contract year for him we should let him go somewhere where he can get enough play time, to earn a good contract.

i want the best for the raptors and if helping jose furthers that goal ok but if not sorry jose.

Comment

• I dont really understand how the Jet move to Boston would somehow net the Mavs Calderon. Perhaps they want a pick or 2 from Boston, which they will then turn around and offer to us for Calderon, but im not sure that will work cap-wise or what the procedure is for using the TE they get from Odom.

However, I think the Jose to Dallas thing has some legs. He's expiring, so he keeps them flexible. He's reliable, so he can play well enough to compete & keep Dirk happy. And he's a good team player that wont mind teaming with Colison. I just think the stories of their interest in him make sense.

Looking at them and trying to match salaries... Jose/JJ for Marion works. I was never really a fan of the matrix's when the was last here. But he did look OK at times, has found his mojo with Dallas a little bit, and he's a better fit with DC than with Triano. And correct me if I'm wrong, but DC and Marion worked in Dallas, no? I like him on this team is what I'm trying to say.

Perhaps we could even convince them to throw in that Crowder dude from Marquette. Id rather take a flier on this guy and add some depth at that 3 than get a future pick of Boston's.

Just not sure that Dallas would let go of Marion for JJ/Caldy for defensive reasons.

Comment

• ESPN ‏@NBARumorCentral
                              No good offers yet for Jose Calderon. Shaw and Malone no longer candidates for Magic. Raptors send Johnson to Kings http://es.pn/uaLB1O
                              Good to know that BC is not just taking any offer. I am thinking that us trading Jose is going to be with a pf (Amir or Davis) but isn't Amir's contract too big to be paired with Jose? It would really limit what other teams can give us.

Comment

• I have a feeling that Colangelo won't get any decent offers for Calderon until an amnesty is officially off the table. Why bother trading for him if you can pick him up in an amnesty auction? The only thing I hope the Raptors don't do is amnesty Calderon, unless it is for the purpose of trading for a top-grade SF.

Comment

Working...
                                X