Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Sources ESPN: Jose Calderon wants trade (#68)

Post Thanks / Like

$2.1M is an absolute steal for Brand.

By my count they have $51.3M tied up in:

PG: Collison, Roddy
    SG: Vince, Dah. Jones, Dam. Jones
    SF: Marion,
    PF: Dirk, Brand
    C: Kaman,

I don't think Jose is going to happen in Dallas.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless we take back Marion & 1 or 2 of their youngins; Jared Cunningham? Roddy Buckets?
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

dont like the mavs as a trade partner...really hoping BC doesnt just give up jose...id rather have his 10 mil expiring and throw money at next free agency than take back players that wont impact the team long term

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is Casey down?

YannisHW: Raptors head coach Dwyane Casey on Calderon: "There's no controversy, we need two point guards." Doesn't sound like he's ready to let him go
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/

Post Thanks / Like

No, there's no controversy until one of them is riding the pine most games in the final five minutes of the 4th quarter.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    No, there's no controversy until one of them is riding the pine most games in the final five minutes of the 4th quarter.
    True.
    And the other has over 10 million reasons to kick back, enjoy & be ready.
    IMO opinion, Jose is 1 injury away (by any of the contenders) from being in demand, at worst by trade deadline when his expiring deal has even more value.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Via Twitter: YannisHW: Colangelo admitted that Calderon wasn't thrilled with the trade, also said that there are discussions about more moves ongoing.
    YannisHW: More on Calderon from Raps GM Colangelo: "anytime you have two starting caliber point guards there's gonna be controversey."

Post Thanks / Like

the nash thing was understandable with him being canadian and all. But, the Lowry trade was a total slap in the face to calderon even if it wasn't meant to be.

I side with Calderon on this one.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

I think people are just taking it easy till after this stupid Olympics are done. Don't want to trade for a guy that ends up with a blown out knee in some international tourney. Plus that is probably negatively effecting this trade due to JC being involved with that and his durability post international play might be a concern for a potential trading partner.

That said I would like to have this cleared up before someone is sitting on the bench in the last 5m of a game catching feelings. We just acquired a guy that wanted to be traded because of a crowded back court. Now we are going to put him right in the same situation. I doubt that. The raptors aren't that stupid. Or maybe they are. Who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    the nash thing was understandable with him being canadian and all. But, the Lowry trade was a total slap in the face to calderon even if it wasn't meant to be.

I side with Calderon on this one.
    I think a slap in the face would be if they signed Augustin and anointed him starter i.e. a worse overall player.

If getting a better overall player at your position is a slap in the face, then I guess I am an insensitive bastard - lol.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How could minutes be managed to keep both guys happy?

Everyone seems to be talking about Calderon wanting to leave, but if he stays and minutes are not managed correctly, we could see Lowry gone when his contract is up. I really want to keep Calderon but is there any way two guards who want 30+ minutes a night co exist without a controversy?

But, if we do manage to keep them both, and the minutes are worked out properly and everyone is happy, we would have sick back court depth. Correct me if I am wrong but statistically, didn't we have the most production out of our PG spot when we had Forderon (Jose and TJ)?

Really curious to see how this all pans out.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Via Twitter: YannisHW: Colangelo admitted that Calderon wasn't thrilled with the trade, also said that there are discussions about more moves ongoing.
    YannisHW: More on Calderon from Raps GM Colangelo: "anytime you have two starting caliber point guards there's gonna be controversey."
    why is all this coming from Colangelo? Why did he feel the need to bring Jose's displeasure public in the first place?

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    why is all this coming from Colangelo? Why did he feel the need to bring Jose's displeasure public in the first place?
    I guess he wants everyone to know that Jose is on the way out

Post Thanks / Like

So:

Colangelo says nothing, fans have a problem - "We don't know what is going on!"
    Colangelo says something, fans have a problem - "Why did he bring this public!"
    Colangelo says everything is all sugar cubes and gumdrops, fans have a problem - "Why is he so full of sh!t?"

Conclusion: Colangelo doesn't have a prayer with a good portion of the Raptor fan base.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    So:

Colangelo says nothing, fans have a problem - "We don't know what is going on!"
    Colangelo says something, fans have a problem - "Why did he bring this public!"
    Colangelo says everything is all sugar cubes and gumdrops, fans have a problem - "Why is he so full of sh!t?"

Conclusion: Colangelo doesn't have a prayer with a good portion of the Raptor fan base.
    Colangelo says nothings, fans think its a good idea - "keep things close to his chest"
    Colangelo says something, fans think its a good idea - "we want to know whats going on"
    Colangelo says everything is all sugar cubes and gumdrops, fans think everything is good - "the GM thinks everything is going well so the team is in good shape"

Conclusion: Colangelo can't do anything wrong with a good portion of the Raptor fan base

it works both ways... especially when you lump different people with differing opinions all into the same boat.

Still doesn't address my question. Why did Colangelo make this public?

Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo says nothings, fans think its a good idea - "keep things close to his chest"
    Colangelo says something, fans think its a good idea - "we want to know whats going on"
    Colangelo says everything is all sugar cubes and gumdrops, fans think everything is good - "the GM thinks everything is going well so the team is in good shape"

Conclusion: Colangelo can't do anything wrong with a good portion of the Raptor fan base

it works both ways... especially when you lump different people with differing opinions all into the same boat.

Still doesn't address my question. Why did Colangelo make this public?

Fair enough.

Do you think it would not become public knowledge through rumours and 'sources'?

What better way to deal with a problem such as this than acknowledge it publicly and deal with it privately? There has been very little mention of this since Colangelo made his statement and Calderon's agent confirmed they were looking to find a suitable situation for Calderon and the Raptors - no gossip, no shady dealings.

By Colangelo taking the route he has the winds have been taken out of the sails of the gossip mongers. The Raptors already had a starting point guard and they just went and got another one that fits the new direction of the franchise to a tee. As soon as he calls a team about a trade he is going to be at a disadvantage - especially since he has been calling teams about Calderon for 3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough.

Do you think it would not become public knowledge through rumours and 'sources'?

What better way to deal with a problem such as this than acknowledge it publicly and deal with it privately? There has been very little mention of this since Colangelo made his statement and Calderon's agent confirmed they were looking to find a suitable situation for Calderon and the Raptors - no gossip, no shady dealings.

By Colangelo taking the route he has the winds have been taken out of the sails of the gossip mongers. The Raptors already had a starting point guard and they just went and got another one that fits the new direction of the franchise to a tee. As soon as he calls a team about a trade he is going to be at a disadvantage - especially since he has been calling teams about Calderon for 3 years.

so using that train of thought, players should also always publically talk about their displeasures and demands?

Post Thanks / Like

so using that train of thought, players should also always publically talk about their displeasures and demands?
    I think publicly coming out would certainly be a lot better than the situations in Denver/Carmelo and currently in Orlando/Dwight.

Lowry voiced his displeasure and the situation was quickly resolved - even when HOU was not certain to have a PG (which they currently do not).

You notice players don't always come out? 2004/05 had a number of players seeking trades publicly to the detriment of their teams (VC being the headliner). Players publicly seeking trades now face fines of $25K.

Post Thanks / Like

I think publicly coming out would certainly be a lot better than the situations in Denver/Carmelo and currently in Orlando/Dwight.

Lowry voiced his displeasure and the situation was quickly resolved - even when HOU was not certain to have a PG (which they currently do not).

You notice players don't always come out? 2004/05 had a number of players seeking trades publicly to the detriment of their teams (VC being the headliner). Players publicly seeking trades now face fines of $25K.

So when players come out its to the 'detriment' of their teams, but when GMs do its a positive route to take because it helps control 'gossip and shady dealings'? Sure seems like a double standard to me

Both the Denver and Orlando situations was played out publically. I don't remember who initiated it, but it has led to no shortage of gossip, rumours, shady dealings and bad will towards both parties.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So when players come out its to the 'detriment' of their teams, but when GMs do its a positive route to take because it helps control 'gossip and shady dealings'? Sure seems like a double standard to me

Both the Denver and Orlando situations was played out publically. I don't remember who initiated it, but it has led to no shortage of gossip, rumours, shady dealings and bad will towards both parties.
    Colangelo simply confirmed what was already out there: Jose was less than happy that a new starter was acquired. BC was NOT the first one to put that idea out there. There was already talk of him "welcoming a trade" well before that BC interview.

Not a big deal/blown out of proportion.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information