Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sources ESPN: Jose Calderon wants trade (#68)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    All those other players you mentioned are much younger than Calderon and most are much cheaper. Most of the teams are rebuilding as well, so I don't think they were ever going to be likely landing spots for Calderon. I think teams like Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Portland and Philly seem like some of the likliest options.
    Houston and New Orleans are the only teams on that list with a need for a legit PG badly enough to pay Caldy's $.

Houston's clearing space for Howard, so they aren't taking on Jose (unless they plan to ship him immediately to Orlando). New Orleans just dealt their PG so they could give minutes to a young guy. So they aren't taking Jose either. You're right that Jose is less desirable than the other younger, cheaper PG's that have moved, but I'm right about the value that he'll fetch us at this point. Late 2nd rounder unless we take back a bad contract.

Comment

• omgawd nooooo why is he leavin!!!??? There is nothing on the market to get in return...sooo does that mean Ben Uzoh will come off the bench after Lowry??? Oh my, I know Lowry can hold his own but can Uzoh do it if Calderon leaves....noooooooooooooooo da FRANCHISEEEEE!!!

Comment

• love this guy
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
          I would not bet against the story being blown out of proportion in the media. I am hoping it's just grumblings and that Jose will come to accept the situation given a few weeks or months.
          We have two PG's with a history of starting being very important to them. We also have an agent confirming the story. I think it is what it is in this case.

Comment

• The Mavericks have interest in Toronto point guard Jose Calderon, but the only legitimate avenue that would bring him to Dallas is if he were to be waived by the Raptors via the amnesty clause. A source said that if Calderon were to be amnestied, the Mavericks would be players.

It appears unlikely that any trade could be worked out.
            http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...sideration.ece

Scratch the Mavs off the list if this article has any merit.

Comment

• Why is everyone surprised at Jose's reaction? BC would have to be an idiot to think Jose would just roll over (again), This is his contract year and he needs to be on the floor so he can score a decent last contract. BC typically doesnt keep disgruntled players around so something happens sooner than later.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...sideration.ece

Scratch the Mavs off the list if this article has any merit.
                I think they're off the list unless a 3rd team can be found to take back the pieces that Dalls would be willing to part with, which I'm assuming Toronto wants nothing to do with. Perhaps a team with lots of cap space, to which Dallas and/or Toronto can throw 2nd round pick(s) and/or cash at, would be willing to step in to help faciliate a trade.

I'm also assuming they think they'll land Brand and/or Scola as well, otherwise they'd have plenty of cap space to make it work.

Comment

• The tunnel is closing, and trading Calderon for assets is really starting to look unlikely. Every team almost has a starting point guard, I could see him possibly going to Portland, Chicago, Sacramento in terms of point guard needs...

I'm really starting to think the Jose + Ed D. + DD for Iguodala + another asset is looking more and more likely to happen. I've been guilty of saying Derozan has potential but...

Iguodala is a gold-medalist, probably gonna be another one this Summer, an All-Star, a great defender, he's an NBA 2nd team all-defense, all-rookie team, Nnt bad if I may say. This guy does have a good 2-3 years left at very high play, and he may be on the decline, but I don't seem him declining into a player where the game is absolutely diminished... I see him move into a Grant Hill type role in the future. The guy can ball, and his game against the Dominican Republic was impressive, but nothing more impressive than Kevin Durant.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I've been critical of DeRozan in the past, but I'm not quite ready to give up on him (yet). Ideally, I'd like to see what he brings this season.

I'm hoping that his experience with the Select team will have a noticeable impact between his ears.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I've been critical of DeRozan in the past, but I'm not quite ready to give up on him (yet). Ideally, I'd like to see what he brings this season.

I'm hoping that his experience with the Select team will have a noticeable impact between his ears.
                      I agree, Demar will basically be spending his entire Summer with NBA superstars on the court, I'm excited to see the finished product of Demar Derozan at the end of the season.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Maybe Ellington and Ridnour for Calderon? Jose gets to play with his young Spanish teammate.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Maybe Ellington and Ridnour for Calderon? Jose gets to play with his young Spanish teammate.
                          Hollinger had a rumor up today about Ellington going to Memphis for Cunningham. If Jose does get traded, I do like the rumor from earlier this week (or last week, I can't recall) about JJ being traded to Minny for Ridnour.

Comment

• Ridnour is a high value player at his contract price. He would be perfect off the bench in Toronto. He could deliver something similar to what Calderon isn't willing to do.

Comment

• How much abuse can one player take. I suppose that BC wouldn't realize that a guy who gave his heart and soul to Toronto would be upset by constantly being mentioned in trade talks and amnesty decisions. Now what is the next move?
                              Bayless is gone and expect Calderon will be gone for little to nothing. Lots of talk about a trade but I expect nothing will get done except that we will have lots of money to spend and talk about 2013-14.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Maybe Ellington and Ridnour for Calderon? Jose gets to play with his young Spanish teammate.
                                Maybe after soap opera of "The Young and Batumless" ends in Minnesota.

Won't happen before then.

Comment

Working...
                                X