Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sources ESPN: Jose Calderon wants trade (#68)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2.1M is an absolute steal for Brand.

By my count they have $51.3M tied up in:

PG: Collison, Roddy
    SG: Vince, Dah. Jones, Dam. Jones
    SF: Marion,
    PF: Dirk, Brand
    C: Kaman,

I don't think Jose is going to happen in Dallas.

Comment

• Unless we take back Marion & 1 or 2 of their youngins; Jared Cunningham? Roddy Buckets?
      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• dont like the mavs as a trade partner...really hoping BC doesnt just give up jose...id rather have his 10 mil expiring and throw money at next free agency than take back players that wont impact the team long term

Comment

• Is Casey down?

YannisHW: Raptors head coach Dwyane Casey on Calderon: "There's no controversy, we need two point guards." Doesn't sound like he's ready to let him go
          http://www.hoopsworld.com/

Comment

• No, there's no controversy until one of them is riding the pine most games in the final five minutes of the 4th quarter.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              No, there's no controversy until one of them is riding the pine most games in the final five minutes of the 4th quarter.
              True.
              And the other has over 10 million reasons to kick back, enjoy & be ready.
              IMO opinion, Jose is 1 injury away (by any of the contenders) from being in demand, at worst by trade deadline when his expiring deal has even more value.

Comment

• Via Twitter: YannisHW: Colangelo admitted that Calderon wasn't thrilled with the trade, also said that there are discussions about more moves ongoing.
                YannisHW: More on Calderon from Raps GM Colangelo: "anytime you have two starting caliber point guards there's gonna be controversey."

Comment

• the nash thing was understandable with him being canadian and all. But, the Lowry trade was a total slap in the face to calderon even if it wasn't meant to be.

I side with Calderon on this one.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• I think people are just taking it easy till after this stupid Olympics are done. Don't want to trade for a guy that ends up with a blown out knee in some international tourney. Plus that is probably negatively effecting this trade due to JC being involved with that and his durability post international play might be a concern for a potential trading partner.

That said I would like to have this cleared up before someone is sitting on the bench in the last 5m of a game catching feelings. We just acquired a guy that wanted to be traded because of a crowded back court. Now we are going to put him right in the same situation. I doubt that. The raptors aren't that stupid. Or maybe they are. Who knows.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                      the nash thing was understandable with him being canadian and all. But, the Lowry trade was a total slap in the face to calderon even if it wasn't meant to be.

I side with Calderon on this one.
                      I think a slap in the face would be if they signed Augustin and anointed him starter i.e. a worse overall player.

If getting a better overall player at your position is a slap in the face, then I guess I am an insensitive bastard - lol.

Comment

• How could minutes be managed to keep both guys happy?

Everyone seems to be talking about Calderon wanting to leave, but if he stays and minutes are not managed correctly, we could see Lowry gone when his contract is up. I really want to keep Calderon but is there any way two guards who want 30+ minutes a night co exist without a controversy?

But, if we do manage to keep them both, and the minutes are worked out properly and everyone is happy, we would have sick back court depth. Correct me if I am wrong but statistically, didn't we have the most production out of our PG spot when we had Forderon (Jose and TJ)?

Really curious to see how this all pans out.

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                          Via Twitter: YannisHW: Colangelo admitted that Calderon wasn't thrilled with the trade, also said that there are discussions about more moves ongoing.
                          YannisHW: More on Calderon from Raps GM Colangelo: "anytime you have two starting caliber point guards there's gonna be controversey."
                          why is all this coming from Colangelo? Why did he feel the need to bring Jose's displeasure public in the first place?

Comment

• Craiger wrote: View Post
                            why is all this coming from Colangelo? Why did he feel the need to bring Jose's displeasure public in the first place?
                            I guess he wants everyone to know that Jose is on the way out

Comment

• Craiger wrote: View Post
                              So:

Colangelo says nothing, fans have a problem - "We don't know what is going on!"
                              Colangelo says something, fans have a problem - "Why did he bring this public!"
                              Colangelo says everything is all sugar cubes and gumdrops, fans have a problem - "Why is he so full of sh!t?"

Conclusion: Colangelo doesn't have a prayer with a good portion of the Raptor fan base.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                So:

Colangelo says nothing, fans have a problem - "We don't know what is going on!"
                                Colangelo says something, fans have a problem - "Why did he bring this public!"
                                Colangelo says everything is all sugar cubes and gumdrops, fans have a problem - "Why is he so full of sh!t?"

Conclusion: Colangelo doesn't have a prayer with a good portion of the Raptor fan base.
                                Colangelo says nothings, fans think its a good idea - "keep things close to his chest"
                                Colangelo says something, fans think its a good idea - "we want to know whats going on"
                                Colangelo says everything is all sugar cubes and gumdrops, fans think everything is good - "the GM thinks everything is going well so the team is in good shape"

Conclusion: Colangelo can't do anything wrong with a good portion of the Raptor fan base

it works both ways... especially when you lump different people with differing opinions all into the same boat.

Still doesn't address my question. Why did Colangelo make this public?

Comment

Working...
                                X