No announcement yet.

Would you wait for a SF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would definetely wait. Let's not forget that we still have James Jofnson.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
      If by "hold the fort" you mean "guide the team into the lottery", then you're correct.

Question: What kind of a team overpays an RFA by double his worth so they can play him out of position? (Hint: us)
      A team trying to do whatever it can to go after Nash. But if the ends justify the means, i can live with it.

With our current roaster right now and the way things are shaping up in the East, Miami, nets, New york, and even washington to an extent, we may very well be in the lottery again. Moves definitely need to be made to improve this roaster. I for sure don't want to give Houston a potential top 3-5 pick in the next coming years.

Comment

Without a legitimate improvement at SF, Colangelo's goal of "hitting the ground running" means nothing.

Comment

i dunno i think if no one gets added Demar will be playing the 3 with ross at the 2 and fields our 6th man
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Without a legitimate improvement at SF, Colangelo's goal of "hitting the ground running" means nothing.
            Especially he specifically mentioned SF as the one position that needed improvement multiple times. I don't think shifting DD from SG to SF qualifies.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I want the Raptors to make the right move not just any move.

If nothing is out there, don't force it.
              +1
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Here is what i would do:

- see if calderon + davis/johnson + jj + 1st round pick gets us either: gay, iguodala, or deng.

If it doesn't then stay with what we have and run with a lineup of:

PG: lowry, calderon, uzoh
                SG: Fields, Ross
                SF: Derozan, JJ, Kleiza
                PF: bargnani, davis/johnson, acy
                C: valanciunas, gray, johnson

I think derozan should play SF because our SG needs to have 3pt shooting range.
                "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                  Here is what i would do:

- see if calderon + davis/johnson + jj + 1st round pick gets us either: gay, iguodala, or deng.

If it doesn't then stay with what we have and run with a lineup of:

PG: lowry, calderon, uzoh
                  SG: Fields, Ross
                  SF: Derozan, JJ, Kleiza
                  PF: bargnani, davis/johnson, acy
                  C: valanciunas, gray, johnson

I think derozan should play SF because our SG needs to have 3pt shooting range.
                  Raps can't trade a first rounder due to restrictions on pick gone out in Lowry trade.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    he was drafted because we needed a upgrade at just about every position
                    Mo' Shats!!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Raps can't trade a first rounder due to restrictions on pick gone out in Lowry trade.
                      Oh yeah that's right, my bad. What do you think about the rest of the idea?
                      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Fields is not our answer at the 3 spot, he's a good backup, we need to trade Calderon + Package for a legit 3, someone in the lines of Igoudala, Gay, Deng, or D.Granger. Fields is good but he's only a good backup on a good team besides I don't see him being any better than James Johnson or Linas Kleiza when healthy. He may be a steal but I see the Raps still lack a star-caliber SF and a backup C and we need to adress that either in late July or August.

Comment

i wonder if Deng is the target, especially considering how long Rose is expected to be out.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I feel like Fields is just the backup plan in case BC can't land a better sf via trade

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              i wonder if Deng is the target, especially considering how long Rose is expected to be out.
                              Good point. they could use Jose.. big time. But he would have no playing time when Rose comes back, which would suck for him

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                                Fields is not our answer at the 3 spot, he's a good backup, we need to trade Calderon + Package for a legit 3, someone in the lines of Igoudala, Gay, Deng, or D.Granger. Fields is good but he's only a good backup on a good team besides I don't see him being any better than James Johnson or Linas Kleiza when healthy. He may be a steal but I see the Raps still lack a star-caliber SF and a backup C and we need to adress that either in late July or August.
                                Fields was already starting on a playoff team, it's just the team system didn't include him well enough to be an impact in games.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X