Tor-Dal-Phi (Calderon for Iggy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-Dal-Phi (Calderon for Iggy)

Jose wants to leave, and be a starter elsewhere. Dallas appears to be interested and have cap space after amnestying Hayward and losing JKidd/Terry. Toronto needs a SF and Philly might be parting ways with Iggy. However I'm sure they'd want a first rounder which we gave to Houston for Lowry.

How about a three-way deal:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=75f5rrb

Note: Trade machine doesn't show the Mavs cap situation. They should be able to take on Jose with cap space after amnestying Hayward.

Toronto gets Iggy and the rights to Nick Calathes (from Dallas)
    Dallas gets Jose and the rights to Zubcic (from Toronto)
    Philly gets DeMar, Davis, JJ and first round pick (lottery protected, from Dallas)

We'd need to get a backup PG.. we may be able to get Beaubois from Dallas instead of Calathes, but then I'm not sure if Dallas would give up their first round pick.

I'm not sure if Dallas would want Jose after trading for Collison.. but Dallas is used to a pass first guard so the idea of having Jose on the team makes a lot of sense, especially if they acquire Scola off the waiver wires.

Trading Davis helps our PF log jam. DeMar would be the big piece going back to Philly, however we'd have Ross/Fields to man the 2 and Iggy is a big upgrade over DeMar. JJ is thrown in to give Philly some more depth at the 3. The first round pick is an added bonus. Philly would also save about $5M in cash from the deal.
    Last edited by planetmars; Fri Jul 13, 2012, 01:14 PM.

I was thinking about trade options with Dallas this morning and checked about draft picks, only to realize they have their future 1st round pick tied up in a crazy multi-year conditional status, similar to the one Toronto just traded to Houston. I believe Dallas' is top-20 protected for the next few years. I just don't know whether or not they'd be able to trade another 1st round pick, given the pending conditional 1st round pick that they're going to lose.

Comment

Working...
    X