Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quincy Acy was a draft steal, true or false?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quincy Acy was a draft steal, true or false?

Honestly, after watching highlights of this guy for the first time ever tonight, I am a bit amazed that no one on this board is really calling on this guy to make them look good. Well, I'm calling it now. Acy is gonna win the slam dunk contest, or at least be the finalist against Griffin. He dunks like karate. Yowza! Maybe he can teach JJ how to do it this way. :-b

He was a draft steal.
    Yay or nay. Must watch before voting:

He's gonna bring some attention. B.C. could come up smelling like roses from this summer. Hate to say it, but it's looking possible.

Sorry for posting polls. I don't normally post at all and probably won't again for a long time. Just a weird urge this week. I didn't really search to see if this topic was a dupe, but I did scan the top twenty on the E.R forum.
    True
    32.50%
    False
    67.50%

The poll is expired.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ome+quincy+acy

Comment

Yeah, I know about that thread. But it's not exactly gushing. I want to start a thread for people who entertain possibly unfounded optimism for him. I'm sure Kobe and many others had such support in the, ahem, early stages of their NBA careers. As someone in that other boring thread said, he's "explosive around the rim." I just have a hunch that he's gonna be a player that gets a lot of attention and possibly even All-star status and eventually be considered quite a draft steal for the Raptors organization.

Comment

I think you may be seeing Acy with rose coloured glasses Beagle, I hope that he may turn into an energy player off the bench that gets dirty and dives for loose balls, knocks in a shot and gets a put back in 10 minutes of pt, but I am not counting on this guy becoming a top 8 player getting 25-30 minutes a night ever in his career.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Too early to say.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Too early to say.

+1

That goes for any and all draft picks.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              Too early to say.
              Not too early to say that he will never be an all-star. Now prove me wrong Acy!
              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
              ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
                Not too early to say that he will never be an all-star. Now prove me wrong Acy!
                The amount of All Star players to come out of the second round is probably staggeringly low. From the list of those who were how many had more than a few seasons before they were thrown into the NBA garbage bin or given contracts that they never lived up to. Maybe 1 or 2 in the history of the game. Why cant a player just be a decent rotation player? If you set expectations for every player at All-Star then no wonder everyone is disappointed that late lottery picks and second rounders (lol) are not the greatest players in the league. We might as well set our expectations at MVP or finals MVP. Prove me wrong Acy!!!111!

Comment

Beagle wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, I know about that thread. But it's not exactly gushing. I want to start a thread for people who entertain possibly unfounded optimism for him. I'm sure Kobe and many others had such support in the, ahem, early stages of their NBA careers. As someone in that other boring thread said, he's "explosive around the rim." I just have a hunch that he's gonna be a player that gets a lot of attention and possibly even All-star status and eventually be considered quite a draft steal for the Raptors organization.
                  I don't think you are going there but to even compare Kobe's support to this guy is, you know... Can anyone explain to me where he will get any minutes without either a wholesale trade or an injury plague of the Bluejay pitching staff proportions. Let's try to keep it a little real here. May turn out to be a usable pick up which is a bonus for the second round, and I do think this will prove to be a very deep draft. However... memories of Solo are sobering!

Comment

False.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

He'll take 3 to 4 years to reach the sort of productivity Reggie Evans has if he ever even reaches that level. To tell you the truth if I were going to pick a big at that spot I would have gone for someone with a bit more size and polish...maybe Yancy Gates, but Acy has a better motor and attitude than does Gates. I'm happy with the pick, but I don't think it will be considered a steal by any means. Just a solid pick is all. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Comment

I'd say it's more of a draft reach.

Now if we took Quincy Miller on the other hand....

Comment

Pill wrote: View Post
                          The amount of All Star players to come out of the second round is probably staggeringly low. From the list of those who were how many had more than a few seasons before they were thrown into the NBA garbage bin or given contracts that they never lived up to. Maybe 1 or 2 in the history of the game. Why cant a player just be a decent rotation player? If you set expectations for every player at All-Star then no wonder everyone is disappointed that late lottery picks and second rounders (lol) are not the greatest players in the league. We might as well set our expectations at MVP or finals MVP. Prove me wrong Acy!!!111!
                          Believe me I have very very low expectations of Acy. Like I said in another thread, I was disappointed in his first summer league game because I expected him to be a better defender and rebounder. I was responding to Beagle's statement about Acy, "possibly even All-star status". Only 35% of 2nd rounders play more than 82 games in their career. And I just don't see him fitting the Manu Ginobili mold of second round gem.
                          Last edited by The Coach; Sat Jul 14, 2012, 11:49 PM. Reason: fixed
                          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                          ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
                            ...Only 35% of 2nd rounders play more than 82 games in a year...
                            I'm pretty sure you meant to say something else, this can't be right.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                              I'm pretty sure you meant to say something else, this can't be right.
                              You are right and I fixed it... Only 35% of 2nd rounders play more than 82 games in the NBA.
                              ― John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X