Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quincy Acy was a draft steal, true or false?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's been really dissapointing in the summer league. I have 0 expectations for him. I don't expect more than what Solomon Alabi gave especially with the backlog at pf

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
      10+ years from anyone outside the top 10 is considered a great pick.

10+ years from a 2nd rounder is a steal
      This. If Acy is a role player on this team, that is an outstanding 2nd round pick. I think something like 4-5 2nd rounders will stick in the nba, and I think Acy will as an energy 4 off the bench that can maybe even defend a 3.
      Last edited by big boi; Sun Jul 15, 2012, 09:51 PM.

Comment

i dunno he really hasn't shown me a thing yet, even in summer league.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

he needs to focus his chaos. I can see the energy and effort its just doesn't look like it is translating into anything yet. If he is going to have the Reggie game he needs to add about 20lbs of muscle in order to take the beating
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

he needs to be able to play at super-max energy levels for 5 minutes at a time. just balls out every second for 5 minutes. i think in summer league he is trying to show what he can do, but that isn't what he is for. balls out 5 minutes sit and see if the starters can get something going. he isn't anything more than a spark plug and should be focusing on that.

if he is reggie like there will be a few dnp in his future and he needs to make the most of his game time. it is a million dollar job that a lot of fringe players compete for and the way to keep your job is to outwork everyone.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              i dunno he really hasn't shown me a thing yet, even in summer league.
              +1 I posted this in another thread, if our 3rd string PF looks like an Allstar in the summer league and you compare that to acy, there's no room for him in our rotation.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                QA4 will replace CB4 and AB7 as our starting PF in two years.
                have you been stealing some bath salts from the other guy? You guys really need to stop using that stuff

Comment

I enjoyed Acy's work with Baylor during the NCAAs. I thought he was their best player and I even asked Chad Ford in a chat why no mock drafts had Acy selected, while 2 other Baylor players were projected to be taken. He said Acy had a good motor but did not have NBA size and if he was bigger, he'd be on people's draft boards.

I was pleased to see the raps take a chance on him, but by no means I am expecting much. Yes, he looked good playing against boys in college, but he's not going to look like that in the NBA at any point of his career; i have serious doubts he'll achieve "steal" status. He can max out as a solid bench guy that could get minutes one night, but not the next... and still be a solid emergency plan if injuries come. That a nice result from a pick in the 30's.

I'm excited to cheer for the guy and am hoping he contributes... but he's not a steal.

Comment

Quincy Acy ‏@QuincyAcy
                    No I'm OFFICIALLY a Toronto Raptor!! Just signed my first contract ... God is Good #TrulyBlessed
                    Steal or not, looks like he'll be on the team next season.

Comment

KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
                      Steal or not, looks like he'll be on the team next season.
                      good for him. congratulations on making the team.

Comment

He needs to bulk up. A LOT!
                        @RavNation

Comment

Regarding the OP, I don't think Acy's a "steal". I think he's simply a good pick considering the players who were still available.

I'm not sold on Quincy Miller at all. His only accomplishments were at the high school level. And with a blown out knee, why waste a pick based on "potential" when a guy like Acy is available who can help this team today?

Comment

Working...
                          X