Thread: ED gets it

Threaded View

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Horace Grant was not a top power Forward in his day, he was a product of his environment, he put up very solid numbers playing with Jordan and Pippen, he played solid defence and could run the floor. The biggest difference between the two players is that Grant was more fluid and could hit a jumper, Davis is a better shot blocker who plays a little more near the hoop. I did not mean to say Grant and Davis play the same, rather that, given the right situation, Ed could have a similar impact to Grant.
    Grant was a much better (an instinctive) rebounder - not even close, solid jump shooter, could defend the dominant pf's of the time. He was intense, had great basketball iq and was a good passer out of the post. I'd say he was in the top quarter of NBA power forwards, when at his best.

That to me does not make me think: "ed davis".

4 times all defense, an allstar 1 year (during a golden age for pf's), solid 14ppg 10rb guy playing w 2 guys who were always first and second option. When Jordan left it was the pippen and horrace show and they were still very competitive. 4 times NBA champions, 6 times NBA finals.

And HG was never a project. He was NBA solid right away. Just don't see the comparison.
    Last edited by big boi; Mon Jul 16th, 2012 at 05:46 PM.

Thread Information