X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ED gets it

Not the biggest news ever, but you gotta love that attitude :

Ed Davis ‏@eddavis32
    Couldnt have said it better RT @Fuck__You_Bitch: @eddavis32 You better step up next year or the Raptors wasted a pick...
    The guy knows he'll be watched this year and he can't mess it up. Some dudes would have taken the criticism the wrong way, but Ed sounds focused and ok with the fact that so far, he's been a semi-disappointment.

I like that !

Wow.

I just gained a whole new appreciation for Ed Davis.

Nice find, Fanchie.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Wow.

I just gained a whole new appreciation for Ed Davis.

Nice find, Fanchie.
      +1

Listening to critics is one thing, but tweeting them on your account is way braver.

Accountability ! Shut the doubters' mouth on the court, ED !

Comment

Wow, between this and the "welcome to the best city in the world" to Kyle Lowry, Ed Davis is single-handedly changing my opinion of him with nothing more than his twitter account.

Comment

swingman wrote: View Post
          Wow, between this and the "welcome to the best city in the world" to Kyle Lowry, Ed Davis is single-handedly changing my opinion of him with nothing more than his twitter account.
          "Yes, yes...it's working"
          - Ed Davis' agent

Comment

My initial assessment of ED was that he was a little disconnected and not that invested in the team/city, but he's certainly saying the right things now, so good on him. We'll have to wait and see if he follows through on the court. If so, then not only will the raptors not have wasted a pick, but they'll have gotten a major steal in that draft, cause this guy has tons of potential.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
              If so, then not only will the raptors not have wasted a pick, but they'll have gotten a major steal in that draft, cause this guy has tons of potential.
              O.K., I'll bite: what exactly is this tons of potential that Davis possesses? Let's say he fills out. Let's say he fixes that ugly, ugly jumper of his, and that ugly, ugly free throw. Let's say he learns how to post up. Let's say he learns how to occasionally play with his back to the basket. Let's say he develops a CONSISTENT motor. Let's say he develops into a decent on-man defender. Let's say he actually develops a go-to move. Let's say he actually develops soft hands so he doesn't always turn the ball over on insanely easy passes to him.
              So let's say EVERY SINGLE ONE of these things happen. His ceiling would be Ed Pinkney. In other words, a solid journeyman in this league. Sorry, I'm just not drinking the koolaid. I can totally see why he dropped like a stone in the draft.

Comment

ED needs to be introduced to his right hand. His entire offensive arsenal is go left or pivot right and spin back to the left. Very predictable.

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                  O.K., I'll bite: what exactly is this tons of potential that Davis possesses? Let's say he fills out. Let's say he fixes that ugly, ugly jumper of his, and that ugly, ugly free throw. Let's say he learns how to post up. Let's say he learns how to occasionally play with his back to the basket. Let's say he develops a CONSISTENT motor. Let's say he develops into a decent on-man defender. Let's say he actually develops a go-to move. Let's say he actually develops soft hands so he doesn't always turn the ball over on insanely easy passes to him.
                  So let's say EVERY SINGLE ONE of these things happen. His ceiling would be Ed Pinkney. In other words, a solid journeyman in this league. Sorry, I'm just not drinking the koolaid. I can totally see why he dropped like a stone in the draft.
                  While I see your argument, Davis is already at the Pinckney level, the guy only averaged more than 7 rebounds per game twice in his career and was never much of a shot blocker. While I will say that Davis still has major areas for improvement, he does not need to grow that much to be a better player than Pinckney. Remember that Ed missed his rookie year training camp do to injury and then faced a lock out year in an important year 2 development stage. Davis will never be an offensive force, but he will be a contributor for years to come in the NBA at a higher rate than Pinckney. I do still hold out some hope that he could be glue guy starter on the right team, maybe a Horace Grant type player.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

At least he didn't respond with a gay slur. Ed's rookie year is his audition year. This is his year to prove things... or bust.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

No one knows how good ED can become! Sounds like he's been working hard. Lefty shot blocker! Solid finisher! He'll develop a outside shot. Maybe he's a skinny Anthony Mason.

Comment

swingman wrote: View Post
                        Rates a follow on Twitter for sure!
                        Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

I like Ed Davis, he does and says the right things. he knows how to play the game correctly and position himself properly on defense and offense, he's just too weak to play where he wants to right now. I would still give him another two seasons to develop and gain some more mass and muscle. I have been impatient with Bargnani for 6/7 years and he's finally turned me into a believer, so I'm hoping Ed Davis will have a more accelerated journey.

Comment

I was not 100% sold on ED until some of the things I've seen on this page! I am now!!
                            Last edited by StaytheCourse; Sun Jul 15, 2012, 11:31 AM.
                            Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                              He can at least be a guy who plays in the NBA for a long time, and averages around 10pt/10rb per game, with a couple of blocks / changed shots per game as well. He won't be a statistically amazing player, but he can definitely have a big impact on games with those abilities.

Getting a guy who can do this at his draft position is pretty damn good, in my opinion. He just needs to go ahead and work for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X