Default New Website Design

Is suh-weeet! Congrats, guys!

2. Like ddaylewis, Uncle_Si liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fresh haircut for new season. Okay.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

What's up the the font used for the logo? Is this an old-timey basketball saloon for weathered old coots?

Seriously. Baskerville?

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

aww the flat look, the scourge of the internet.

6. Like S.R. liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Any way we can show the # of comments in each main article and put-back? I drop by several times per day for new comments.
    Last edited by GoingBig; Thu Sep 18th, 2014 at 09:53 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GoingBig wrote: View Post
    Any way we can show the # of comments in each main article and put-back? I drop by several times per day for new comments.
    Agreed.

Post Thanks / Like

Will you be reimbursing users for worn out scroll wheels? Lol Not a big fan - looks like it should be a mobile site...
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

10. Like white men can't jump liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Copywryter wrote: View Post
    What's up the the font used for the logo? Is this an old-timey basketball saloon for weathered old coots?

Seriously. Baskerville?
    Come on, now, there are worse things in this world than a font you don't prefer.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback fellas. I'm sure Arse will see this (or I'll at least bring it to his attention) and perhaps make some tweaks to the site design. He is creative wizard after all.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Why has the forum been left alone? if the site gets upgraded, so should the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Why has the forum been left alone? if the site gets upgraded, so should the forum.
    Say what? You don't like the layout?

Post Thanks / Like

To elaborate further, we're still using an older version of vBulletin. I've read alot about the newer version and there still seems to be alot of bugs. So until those issues are addresses, we'll stand pat. But eventually the forums will get another makeover.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No!!! Change is bad. Change when necessary, not just for the sake of it. I see nothing wrong with the current layout.

18. Like Mack North liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    No!!! Change is bad. Change when necessary, not just for the sake of it. I see nothing wrong with the current layout.
    Agreed. I assume the comment was based around the banner, which is still the old RR banner, which is confusing since the main site has changed.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Edgar wrote: View Post
    Will you be reimbursing users for worn out scroll wheels? Lol Not a big fan - looks like it should be a mobile site...
    Completely agree with this. The site looks "cleaner", but is actually poorer for me.

The old layout needed to be cleaned up, but was awesome for surfing. You could access the latest RR article(s), podcast, rap of the day, some recent forum threads, articles from around the web....all easily accessible without having to look around much at all.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    To elaborate further, we're still using an older version of vBulletin. I've read alot about the newer version and there still seems to be alot of bugs. So until those issues are addresses, we'll stand pat. But eventually the forums will get another makeover.
    I see, but at least change the banner, like DanH mentioned. I like how this looks, but other forums I'm on do look a lot better, such as boards.sportslogos.net (great for sports and logo needs.)

Post Thanks / Like

I see, but at least change the banner, like DanH mentioned. I like how this looks, but other forums I'm on do look a lot better, such as boards.sportslogos.net (great for sports and logo needs.)
    To each their own. I personally think the site you provided as an example is ugly, but at the end of the day people generally don't come here (or go there) for the pretty colours and layouts. Perhaps I'm naive in assuming that, but we will try and at least be consistent on both the main page as well the forums.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Always great to hear.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback, very valuable and thank you for taking the time out to provide it.

Quote Copywryter wrote: View Post

Seriously. Baskerville?
    I'll fix this at some point and go back to the older font.

Quote GoingBig wrote: View Post
    Just added this to the latest posts section, so you should be all good.

Quote Edgar wrote: View Post
    There's less scrolling in this version, not more. You can see all the latest posts in one sidebar on the left, rather than hunt for what's new in the Put Backs and main section of the older site. The font size is imagery is also smaller so you'll basically see most of what's new above the fold of the page.

The actual vBulletin upgrade won't happen for a while since vBulletin 5 has a LOT of issues right now. It's simply not mature enough to be adopted just yet. The logo on the forum will be changed/made smaller, and I'm right now debating whether to change anything about the layout. Leaning towards not, unless someone can point out specific things that need fixing.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just don't change the mobile version of this website. One of the main reasons I joined this forum is because the mobile version is easy and quick to navigate and I don't have to zoom in to see the text

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information